dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

What can he realistically put up this year you guys think? I'm looking into adding him, especially with my Paul Millsap injury news.. and my end of bench looking like Wesley Johnson and Josh Richardson.

Going to be a rough year.. 

I mean it depends on the type of league (please don't tell me) and your team make up (please don't tell me) .  The questions you need to ask yourself are ..... 1. Do I need the type of stats Allen will provide ( big man stats  ++ on blocks)? and 2. Are Wes Johnson and J Rich going to win me a championship?     Truth be told Allen is a lottery ticket with a much higher potential to hit than an actual lottery ticket.  He has all the ability and opportunity in the world to succeed, bringing him on board is to put faith in that.  Allen is much more valuable from a dynasty aspect than redraft, but he might still be able to put up valuable numbers at the end of someone bench. 

Edited by MynameisMudd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

What can he realistically put up this year you guys think? I'm looking into adding him, especially with my Paul Millsap injury news.. and my end of bench looking like Wesley Johnson and Josh Richardson.

Going to be a rough year.. 

Drop wes Johnson

27 minutes ago, maleman said:

did he just played extended minutes due to the matchup against nurk who had a monster game today?

He played cuz he played well

I just dropped Portis for him. I'm losing a ton of blocks with my Giannis and Draymond trades, hopefully Allen can keep me afloat (I'm 35 blocks ahead of the 2nd place team).

I don't know much about this guy, but I'm getting caught up in the hype so doing some due diligence.

He averaged 1.5 blocks in college. What makes everyone think he can average 2+ blocks in NBA? The elite shotblockers in NBA averaged like 5 blocks a game in college. Significant difference, so why the optimism?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jorgo said:

I don't know much about this guy, but I'm getting caught up in the hype so doing some due diligence.

He averaged 1.5 blocks in college. What makes everyone think he can average 2+ blocks in NBA? The elite shotblockers in NBA averaged like 5 blocks a game in college. Significant difference, so why the optimism?

NBA game is different. Faster paced, more drive opportunities for opponents b/c of a shorter shot clock, allowing him to have more chances at blocks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

He's averaging .9 blocks in 15 mins of play time. That's why...

Pretty small sample size. 

Below .600 FT shooter, so I think I'm gonna pass. Happy for you all to lol at me in a month's time when he's beasting. 

8 minutes ago, jorgo said:

Below .600 FT shooter, so I think I'm gonna pass. Happy for you all to lol at me in a month's time when he's beasting. 

You misspelled "week's" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, jorgo said:

Could still be a while until he's consistent being a rookie and all. He's still earning minutes. But I'm all aboard happy to have him on my bench for a while. Just be sure not to drop him if he has a dud on Sunday. Because there will be the inevitable zero patience trolls rushing in here to proclaim he's garbage and the always classic "Drop City!". 

Just be patient. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Could still be a while until he's consistent being a rookie and all. He's still earning minutes. But I'm all aboard happy to have him on my bench for a while. Just be sure not to drop him if he has a dud on Sunday. Because there will be the inevitable zero patience trolls rushing in here to proclaim he's garbage and the always classic "Drop City!". 

Just be patient. 

Yup, happens like clock work haha!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Mozgov and Tyler Zeller are in the way of this guy....he'll be starting in no time. 

That is exactly why he'll be starting in no time.

Zeller is 27 and Mozgov is 31.   They are career backups at best. Why would Nets give them extended playing time to the backups instead of their first round draft pick?

Nets would like to know what Allen can do. We all know what Zeller and Mozgov can do (answer is not much).

I don't expect much from Allen, If I can get something like  10pts, 8 reb,  around 3 stocks with solid FG%  I will be over the moon.  His FT% should not be huge issue because of low attempts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question for Nets fans, what is he like re: foul trouble?  Foul trouble is the bane of young bigs.  If foul trouble is no issue, sky's the limit.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Question for Nets fans, what is he like re: foul trouble?  Foul trouble is the bane of young bigs.  If foul trouble is no issue, sky's the limit.

There are still Nets fans?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

There are still Nets fans?

They’re just Warriors fans from Brooklyn now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LuN said:

i don't get the hype tbh

He's averaging almost one steal and one block in only 15 minutes per game. He's young, talented, and about to become the starting center on one of the most fantasy-friendly teams in the league. His mins should increase to the mid-to-high 20's and what will those stocks look like then? Throw in 10-12 points and 8 boards on 50%+ shooting as a bonus.  

And we got all of that for free from the waiver wire. 

So . . . what's not to get?

• Like 2

Free? Wow. Drafted in all my leagues.

10 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Free? Wow. Drafted in all my leagues.

how many teams in your leagues? 30?