dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

Just now, chaiway said:

I'm so glad to have Levert back and Dinwiddie is looking for him more as well.

Amazing what he can do in limited minutes.

Take flight Jarrett (we need a good nickname for him...)

I didn't watch the game.  Were they actively trying to get Allen the ball?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Take flight Jarrett (we need a good nickname for him...)

He's the "Hair Apparent" :D

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

I didn't watch the game.  Were they actively trying to get Allen the ball?

check out the highlights a few posts back.

7 dunks where he was rolling to the rim and got a lob or got a dish from a driving guard.

Mostly dinwiddie and levert creating for him but he also does a good making himself available and finishing (some were tough)

1 hour ago, chaiway said:

check out the highlights a few posts back.

7 dunks where he was rolling to the rim and got a lob or got a dish from a driving guard.

Mostly dinwiddie and levert creating for him but he also does a good making himself available and finishing (some were tough)

Dinwiddie assisted 4 of his baskets, Russell 3, and LaVert 1. I know a lot of people don't like Russell, but he flashed some nice chemistry with Allen to start the second half. I think Dinwiddie and Russell lock for him a lot on the roll. 

• Like 1

What's up with the wonky box scores? I checked NBA, Yahoo!, theScore, and ESPN, and they all show different stats for the Kings and Nets players. :blink:

All I know is this stud killed it!

Far from his ceiling because he is prohibited from mid-range shots. But actually, his jump shot is better than most centers, you can tell from his FT%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

The 3rd play in this video (running in to dunk) and the last block are what make me excited. Athletic and nimble enough to not be a clumsy big man, which is encouraging. And plays great defense that saves the game for them.

This guys going to be Top-50 the rest of the way.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

How's this guy still only 30 % owned in leagues? 

Consider how many players quit their teams during the season, it's very possible.

Would love to see Yahoo providing stats on how many teams (out of all teams) are actually active at the end of the season. 

This guy is going to be, at worst, Andre Drummond. What a beast, and he's got shooting touch to boot.

He's gonna go in the 4th-5th rounds next year, most likely. Maybe earlier. I don't see why not.

• Like 2

The blocks have been there, but only every other game. I wish he would be more consistent in that category, but his percentages are awesome. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, CFN said:

This guy is going to be, at worst, Andre Drummond. What a beast, and he's got shooting touch to boot.

He's gonna go in the 4th-5th rounds next year, most likely. Maybe earlier. I don't see why not.

Idk about the Drummond comp.

Drummond is a mountain of a man. He's always been pretty stout.

Allen is much slimmer.

And Drummond doesn't make free throws whereas Allen looks to be a superlative FT shooter for a big man.

What would alternative comp be? Anyone? I feel a bit uncomfortable going here, but: Anthony Davis?

13 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Idk about the Drummond comp.

Drummond is a mountain of a man. He's always been pretty stout.

Allen is much slimmer.

And Drummond doesn't make free throws whereas Allen looks to be a superlative FT shooter for a big man.

What would alternative comp be? Anyone? I feel a bit uncomfortable going here, but: Anthony Davis?

I can see why you'd say AD given the length, build and athleticism, but imo, AD has the skill and opportunity to be a ball handler whereas Allen is relegated to PnR duty. If they develop Allen , let him work on his jumper and develop him to work around the top of the paint, he'd be an absolute beast. Be that as it may, he could be very Gobert/ Capela like or WCS 2.0 which isn't shabby either. 

When considering that Allen is not even old enough to buy a nice cold PBR,  it makes what he's already doing pretty incredible. Get some more bulk on that frame and we easily have a upgraded version of Capela.  Capela is nice but he doesn't have the foot work and IQ Allen has.  Imagine Allen with CP3 distributing him the ball.  Hopefully DLo and Dinwiddie can elevate their games in the coming years.