dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, hoop said:

Dammit. Watched the game. Allen seemed to be playing fairly well, had energy and hustle, and was a perfect 6/6. Yet in the fourth, he got a quick hook for Okafor, probably to get some offense. Okafor put in a good effort and looked okay, despite the 2/7. Pulled down 13 boards, and he looked a bit more polished. Still, the quick hook confused me. Okafor closed the game and got 25 min vs Allen's 20.

This better not be a confusing 2-center thing...just when Zeller finally got out of the mix.

Edit - Plus, potential revenge game for Okafor tomorrow. Tempted to pick him up, but might stick w/ Allen.

Not reading into rebounds all that much as you would've seen that Allen got most his minutes when the Knicks weren't missing and Okafor had more bricks to feast on. I reckon they split minutes but the argument atm is Okafor for offence and Allen for defence but Allen is 23 out of 27 vs Okafor 16 for 31 in last 6 games so just don't see how in any situation Allen shouldn't get the lions share in minutes, he is clearly currently their best talent at the position.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

More minutes ? 

He keeps proving he deserves it. Dude barely has missed a shot in his last 5 games. Zeller being pushed out of rotation is great but Okafor is also possibly emerging so if its a somewhat even minutes split between Allen and Okafor, both of them will probably just be an end of the bench big with capped upside. I'm gonna hold onto Allen for a while because I don't trust Okafor...he will probably get tired soon because he not used to playing regularly

Hoping he can stop my big man waiver merry-go-round by catching a serious spark. It's not easy giving leash to guys like him who have widely accepted potential to be really good. This is why I like to be over pace in games played in my roto leagues, so bench guys have nothing to do but sit there and figure out how to play their way into the lineup ;)

38 minutes ago, rando said:

Hoping he can stop my big man waiver merry-go-round by catching a serious spark. It's not easy giving leash to guys like him who have widely accepted potential to be really good. This is why I like to be over pace in games played in my roto leagues, so bench guys have nothing to do but sit there and figure out how to play their way into the lineup ;)

I dig the games pace strategy. Im the same way in my roto league. Right now im over games pace a little bit and have some good matchups this week. So Im not hesitating to plug in players where otherwise they'd be on my bench.

That said I really want to stash this guy but my only logical drops are Bogdan and Tyler Johnson.

46 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

That said I really want to stash this guy but my only logical drops are Bogdan and Tyler Johnson.

Grabbed him since he's got 3 more games this week (including today), and DOESN'T play on Saturday, which is a crowded day.

And since I don't want this to be an AC forum fishing topic (not saying yours was), I dropped Bogdan for Allen.  Just my own experience.

Liking his future here.  Even with a timeshare with Okafor, as long as he gets 25 minutes, I'd be happy with that.  Hoping the swats come soon. 

I don't think Okafor can even play extended minutes anyway (well, maybe against his former team tonight), so J Allen should at least get enough minutes to hold him.

Line at the half: 5/5 fg 10 pts 4/4 ft 5 rebs 2 blocks. Almost 14 min. Niiiice

Just boarded the train - but could Okafor's 3 fouls have anything to do with the extra couple of minutes?

Has Allen started any games before or is this his first one? Really tempted to jump aboard because I'm desperate for a big man but been fooled by him before

Just now, emperikal said:

Has Allen started any games before or is this his first one? Really tempted to jump aboard because I'm desperate for a big man but been fooled by him before

This is his second straight start.

1 minute ago, emperikal said:

Completely different situation now. He has the starting spot to lose.

Just now, CFN said:

This is his second straight start.

Cheers. I know the upside is definitely there but still don't like the fact they have 3 centers, albeit two of them are terrible. Only played over 20 mins once in the last 8 or 9 games. May have to roll the dice though

9 minutes ago, emperikal said:

Picked him up. Had to drop E'twaun to get him but hopefully worth it

Did the same. So far I'm not looking back :)

13 minutes ago, emperikal said:

Picked him up. Had to drop E'twaun to get him but hopefully worth it

Big call... Moore has playing time now Boogie is down.

I'm gaining confidence in him, especially that its against TTP

Picked him in my 16-teamer as soon as I heard the news of his starting role.

Picked him up in my 12-teamer to replace that non-performing bum named Prince.

Those stats against Embiid, nonetheless. To think it was Okafor's revenge game too.

• Like 2