dfstout

Jarrett Allen 2017-18 Season Outlook

24 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Imagine if BKN hadnt given up Kuzma, what a front court this could have been 

I would've vetoed that trade

• Haha 1

Look damn good both stat-wise and in real life. Pulled 5 offensive boards, seemed solid on defense (besides being bullied by Embiid, but he does that to most bigs), and had really impressive touch (almost perfect from the field yet again).

I hope he stays hungry and keeps flourishing as a starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

That is what I want to know as well.

1 hour ago, USWAY said:

Allen.

A better question is Allen or RHJ?

Allen. more breakout potential

Praying my #3 waiver pulls through in our 14 man league. Dude has been the most added and dropped player so far but his role seems to be solidified already.

this year's waiver wire version of gobert and maybe better ft? demarre carrol would be my fringe drop.

3 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Best game of the season. Dude is ballin 

Just picked him up for Henson. Way more upside, plus his FT% is better. His ROS looking good.

12 team/ H2H/ 9 cat

PG: Dennis Schroder

SG: Bradley Beal

G: Nicolas Batum

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo

PF: LaMarcus Aldridge

F: Marques Chriss 

C: Hassan Whiteside

C: Jarret Allen

Utl: Darren Collison

Utl: Josh Richardson

Bench: Dennis Smith Jr., Reggie Bullock, De'Aaron Fox

Does it make a diff that RHJ is out? I ask because Rondae gets a decent number of rebounds and even blks from time to time. Wouldn't his return impact Allen's production?

6 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Does it make a diff that RHJ is out? I ask because Rondae gets a decent number of rebounds and even blks from time to time. Wouldn't his return impact Allen's production?

I'd like to know this as well. Just lost Love and am looking for a C, Allen is available.

1 minute ago, tongs said:

I'd like to know this as well. Just lost Love and am looking for a C, Allen is available.

I'd imagine so.  RHJ can play some small ball 5.  However, it really doesn't make sense for them to have RHJ play the 5 when you've got 3 natural Cs and you want to develop at least ONE of them to be the future.  Besides, I can see a Dinwiddie/DLO/Carroll/RHJ/Allen starting lineup working fine, with Levert and Okafor coming off the bench.

The boards might shrink once RHJ returns, and he might lose a few minutes, but as long as he gets about 25 or so, he's gold.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Rebounds are such a hard stat to predict because it depends so much on how the other team is shooting when they are on the court, what type of shots they are taking, who is boxing out.  With Allen it becomes simpler because he gets 39% of his boards on the offensive end (Rondae 22%), so you know even if he has a modest defensive rebound numbers he'll get his share on the other end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to swoop but I'm also put off by Brooklyns/Atkinson's crazy deep and somewhat unpredictable rotations.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Allen was benched and averaged less than 20 mins a game next week while Okafor and Zeller randomly get 30 (followed by a game with 5). 

When you watch Nets games it's really obvious how Levert and Allen have a good drive/dish connection and I'm predicting Allen goes back to the bench when Levert returns so Brooklyn has more offensive punch in the second unit.  

Having said all that I think I'm going to bite.  Hoping that Allen is the man in the middle when Brooklyn close out games, blowout or not.  It's either Allen or Chriss again and at least when Allen has a bad game he won't destroy your %s or turnovers.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back on Nov 21 when I started this thread last night's game is what I envisioned *happy tears* :D:wub:

ITS HAPPPEEEENNNNIIIIIINNNNGGGG!

RUN RUN RUN...

Side note...Scooped Allen over Selden for comparison

Edited by dfstout

Those Nets C have me torn ... It's either him or Okafor for my points league and I just can't decide which of the two I should Roster ROS .. I need him to be able to get at least 10/7/1/1 for him to be worth rostering for our league settings , is it possible you think ?

Dropped Chriss to pick up Bullock when the Griffin trade went through.  Then dropped C Lee for Allen last night.

Woke up this morning and saw Chriss' stat line and started kicking myself.  Then I looked at Allen's stat line and it made me feel a little better.  Hopefully Allen is unleashed for good now.

7 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I want to swoop but I'm also put off by Brooklyns/Atkinson's crazy deep and somewhat unpredictable rotations.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Allen was benched and averaged less than 20 mins a game next week while Okafor and Zeller randomly get 30 (followed by a game with 5). 

When you watch Nets games it's really obvious how Levert and Allen have a good drive/dish connection and I'm predicting Allen goes back to the bench when Levert returns so Brooklyn has more offensive punch in the second unit.  

Having said all that I think I'm going to bite.  Hoping that Allen is the man in the middle when Brooklyn close out games, blowout or not.  It's either Allen or Chriss again and at least when Allen has a bad game he won't destroy your %s or turnovers.

Coach Atkinson actually said he wasn't expecting to start Jarrett until after the All-Star break but because he's been playing so well lately that he pushed his hand and caused him to start him sooner than he thought. I really doubt he's going to get benched due to that comment unless he completely bombs or gets hurt (knock on wood.) There's a good chance you won't see him on the waiver wire again for the rest of the season.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/jarrett-allen-jahlil-okafor-nets-1.16455573

"He’s been playing well, and this is the next step for him. I didn’t think it would happen before the All-Star break, but he’s been clamoring for more minutes. Jahlil, too."

• Like 3