CFN

Trey Lyles 2017-2018 Season Outlook

35 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Dude is way too consistent. Messing with my whole streaming operation haha

Ah, the lesser known too-consistent issue. ;) 

lol last night looked like a dud and i was thinking about using his spot to stream again, then he did what he does scores some 3s and pulled down boards. so efficient he just doesn't provide any stocks capping his upside a lot. still the 3s and the great % with rebs are useful 

10 minutes ago, richg24 said:

lol last night looked like a dud and i was thinking about using his spot to stream again, then he did what he does scores some 3s and pulled down boards. so efficient he just doesn't provide any stocks capping his upside a lot. still the 3s and the great % with rebs are useful 

If he was providing stocks he'd be a top-30 player. You gotta be happy with what you're getting :)

17 minutes ago, rush007 said:

If he was providing stocks he'd be a top-30 player. You gotta be happy with what you're getting :)

I am definitely happy and if he continues this type of production I will hold all season. The concern of Millsap returning squashing his value needs to be considered, but not now, as Millsap is very far out from a return and with no updates as of yet, I don't see any reason to think he will beat his timeline of 3 months. Which would put him coming back right before the first playoff weeks in standard h2h leagues. 

I am going to send out some sell high trade offers for lyles soon though, because his fg% doesn't seem sustainable with the amount of 3s he is taking, and that would reduce his value as well if that % comes down. 

49 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I am definitely happy and if he continues this type of production I will hold all season. The concern of Millsap returning squashing his value needs to be considered, but not now, as Millsap is very far out from a return and with no updates as of yet, I don't see any reason to think he will beat his timeline of 3 months. Which would put him coming back right before the first playoff weeks in standard h2h leagues. 

I am going to send out some sell high trade offers for lyles soon though, because his fg% doesn't seem sustainable with the amount of 3s he is taking, and that would reduce his value as well if that % comes down. 

It's very hard to sell him, as he's basically a two-month rental in PF spot who's productive. Everyone knows Millsap will come back to crush his value. I think holding until the wheels fall off is the only course of action here. 

12 hours ago, rush007 said:

It's very hard to sell him, as he's basically a two-month rental in PF spot who's productive. Everyone knows Millsap will come back to crush his value. I think holding until the wheels fall off is the only course of action here. 

That can still hold value for some people in regards to a trade, but I am holding until the wheels fall off as well.  He's a nice fit for my team and extremely consistent so far, so I might as well get what I can out of him.

Edited by KilloWertz

Spent the day trying to sell to every owner in my main league—got laughed at by two of them. I had to actually say “check the numbers” but that didn’t help much.

He’s fun to own, at least. I might drop in one of my 10teamers just so I can mingle around the wire gems again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Spent the day trying to sell to every owner in my main league—got laughed at by two of them. I had to actually say “check the numbers” but that didn’t help much.

He’s fun to own, at least. I might drop in one of my 10teamers just so I can mingle around the wire gems again.

haha "YOU MUST OF NOT SEEN HIS NUMBERS!" "GO LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!"

15 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Yeah. There's no way you'll get equal value from him, and in my opinion rostering him for two months for a playoff push boost is better than getting an inferior player. 

5 hours ago, doomz said:

unstoppable

I know he's pretty awesome to watch.  Mini Millsap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

I know he's pretty awesome to watch.  Mini Millsap. 

Nothing like Millsap.

9 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Nothing like Millsap.

Maybe in a couple of areas (3's and Rebounds), but yeah, he's not like him otherwise.  He won't get you the defensive stats that Millsap gives you.

With that said, I'm obviously not complaining about Lyles.  He's been a great find.

Another solid line, 19/9 with a block and 2 threes, but crummy Ft 1/4.

The Denver offence looks better when's he's consistently looked for, compared to when the guards jack up perimeter shots. 

I really hope mishap doesn't ruin his production. Can gen still get close to 30mins with millsap back? Does he exlsuively play pf?

On 1/4/2018 at 8:01 AM, rush007 said:

Who is Millsap? 

58 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I really hope mishap doesn't ruin his production. Can gen still get close to 30mins with millsap back? Does he exlsuively play pf?

i'd bet the under. only way i see 30 minutes with millsap back is if malone decides to play millsap at the three for short stretches with a millsap/lyles/jokic front court. or they go really small put lyles at the 5 when jokic sits. doesn't make much sense either way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Born_Slippy said:

Kevin Love Lite

Ya this is a good comparison. But he's much more efficient than love with fg% and he doesn't get to the line and when he does he only 70%.

Allergic to stocks 0.4 steals and 0.4 blks but as long as he keeps shooting the lights out and getting good boards who cares he's gold

9 minutes ago, doomz said:

no hype for this kid? he's killing it

True, but kind of very quitely, as he is not that flashy. Anyways, I try to sell him for a PG as, as I have THREE quality PGs being injured (Lowry, Conley, Jackson).