CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Added him in my 14 teamer. Probably gonna hold for at least a week or 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidbivaD said:

They're always like that which I think is stupid. 

If different people are going to do blurbs, then show who's writing it. If not, you just sound like you're contradicting yourself like an idiot, rotoworld. 

They need to add a comment section or something like BBM has so you can call them out on their mistakes or their BS hot takes. They have such a huge influence, especially ever since they partnered with Yahoo and every player note has their analysis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

They need to add a comment section or something like BBM has so you can call them out on their mistakes or their BS hot takes. They have such a huge influence, especially ever since they partnered with Yahoo and every player note has their analysis.

Couldn't agree more.  The only silver lining is their comments can be used to your advantage, for example if you are trying to buy low on a player, and they put up one of their ignorant and reactionary blurbs slamming said player.

On the other hand, can't tell you how many times RW has dragged one of my players in the mud right when I am in trade negotiations, which kills his trade value.  So many league members in my leagues are hyper-reactionary and unduly influenced by these blurbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

So is Bell a clear "run don't walk" add here or are we just gushing over last night's game? Is he in a possible situation as John Collins and possible future starting role for GS? 

He's been top 50 last 30 days, so you could've been benefiting for a while even outside of this Lakers game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Rotoworld changes up their thoughts on a player like every game. This is from 4 days ago:

Bell's blocks paid off if you used him in DFS, but unless Green is ruled out for an extended time period, Bell will be tough to roster in most leagues. He's more of a DFS punt play on nights when Green isn't playing, than a season-long hold

And now they're telling us we need to pounce on him if the league is competitive. So is Rotoworld the only fantasy basketball site with player notes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Rotoworld changes up their thoughts on a player like every game. This is from 4 days ago:

Bell's blocks paid off if you used him in DFS, but unless Green is ruled out for an extended time period, Bell will be tough to roster in most leagues. He's more of a DFS punt play on nights when Green isn't playing, than a season-long hold

And now they're telling us we need to pounce on him if the league is competitive. So is Rotoworld the only fantasy basketball site with player notes?

Looks like the Rotoworld crew are dynamic in their thoughts... ;)

Have you checked out fantasypros.com? https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/ 

If yes, then just ignore this. If no, the site may or may not be of use, but go ahead check it out if you’d like. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

Looks like the Rotoworld crew are dynamic in their thoughts... ;)

Have you checked out fantasypros.com? https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/ 

If yes, then just ignore this. If no, the site may or may not be of use, but go ahead check it out if you’d like. 

Oh yea, I've had an account with them since last season, I forget to mention them. They're not always on top of their players like Rotoworld in terms of their blurbs, but I like Fantasypros because of their "player rater", it's very helpful. Bell is #41 for the past 7 days on there, when he was getting 24-26 minutes a game. Not too shabby!

https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/player-rater.php

Added him an hr before last nights big game .. Kerr said before game he’d like to see Bell/Green pairing a lot more going forward ..so hopefully that meant Bell is their starting center .. even then I don’t think he’ll exceed 24-26 mins with Warriors logjam in front court but those minutes are enough for him to give you 11-12/8/1/1.5 

Edited by dipset86
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

The problem is the blurbs aren't done by just one person. 

Because multiple people do them, who clearly have different takes on players, they always end up putting up contradictory blurbs. 

If at least they got together and came to a consensus on certain players and had a "rotoworld" take on each player, it wouldn't be so confusing. 

If u listen to their podcast ever, u can clearly see when Gallagher has a diff take than Dr. A, etc.

And each of them do blurbs, putting their own personal opinions in. Hence the "flip flopping". But it's not really flip flopping because it's just rotoworld writers disagreeing with each other. 

That's why I say... Say who wrote the damn blurb!!!! 

It's so easy. 

Gallagher: blah blah blurb. 

No more confusion. Then we can just choose which person we tend to agree with. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

What’s the dynasty potential here?? 

SKYS THE LIMT! zaza can walk im pretty sure next year.. & depending on if they keep klay or dray -- bell may find himself a certified role.. heck, he might ring the bell this season and start over zaza after the all-star break 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidbivaD said:

The problem is the blurbs aren't done by just one person. 

Because multiple people do them, who clearly have different takes on players, they always end up putting up contradictory blurbs. 

If at least they got together and came to a consensus on certain players and had a "rotoworld" take on each player, it wouldn't be so confusing. 

If u listen to their podcast ever, u can clearly see when Gallagher has a diff take than Dr. A, etc.

And each of them do blurbs, putting their own personal opinions in. Hence the "flip flopping". But it's not really flip flopping because it's just rotoworld writers disagreeing with each other. 

That's why I say... Say who wrote the damn blurb!!!! 

It's so easy. 

Gallagher: blah blah blurb. 

No more confusion. Then we can just choose which person we tend to agree with. 

Bingo. They're written by different people. Fantasypros actually lists who wrote the blurb, but not Rotoworld. The consistency of player evaluations isn't there. I agree with the consensus part. 

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Yeah i hate that they are with yahoo now.   Many owners seem to do exactly what the RW note tells them to do on yahoo.

Edited by DLG10

3 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Yeah i hate that they are with yahoo now.   Many owners seem o do exactly what the RW note tells them to do on yahoo.

https://basketball.razzball.com/

Here is another helpful website. I try to stay away from Rotoworld when I can...the blurbs are kind of cornball, but they have sell high/buy low articles weekly as well, which is helpful believe it or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

https://basketball.razzball.com/

Here is another helpful website. I try to stay away from Rotoworld when I can...the blurbs are kind of cornball, but they have sell high/buy low articles weekly as well, which is helpful believe it or not. 

Razzball is soo ghetto

• Like 2

The Warriors have been without Draymond, Zaza AND Steph since the beginning of December, that's where his top 50 value comes from. I don't think he'll become irrelevant again, but really don't expect much from him when the team is healthy again.  

I think you are all a bit too late to the party, he was a hot pick up a few weeks ago, I wouldn't bother dropping anyone valuable in 10 team leagues right now

7 minutes ago, battaginlemon said:

The Warriors have been without Draymond, Zaza AND Steph since the beginning of December, that's where his top 50 value comes from. I don't think he'll become irrelevant again, but really don't expect much from him when the team is healthy again.  

I think you are all a bit too late to the party, he was a hot pick up a few weeks ago, I wouldn't bother dropping anyone valuable in 10 team leagues right now

Jordan Bell's Per 36 with Draymond according to rotoworld is 24.3 Points, 10.0 Boards, 2.6 Steals, 3.5 Blocks and 1.7 Turnovers on 79.4 percent shooting.

So don't see why Draymond's return would hurt...

Zaza is not a threat, cmon man

Steph Curry will surely cut into Bell's usage, but that's about the only knock you can find on this guy. As a Curry owner he looks like a great supplement and there's no way I don't give him a longer leash than just about any waiver wire pickup all year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

Razzball is soo ghetto

That's how I feel, but they are somewhat helpful, and actually right on many of their blurbs. They were high on Josh Richardson for a while, and now he's ballin out. 

Luke I mentioned, I took the plunge. Could be a good source of blocks, and FG% for the short term, and plays on Christmas Day. If he fails, then move on and go grab someone else. 

But the fact that Kerr loves him is a big +1 in my eyes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If he could 2x2 once a week with consistent stocks I’d be a pig in ****. But barring injury it’s hard to see counting stats night in night out. Just too many producers on that team. All signs point to a measured increase in minutes and role, with an eye on him becoming a vital piece in playoffs. Top 100 at 20-25 minutes a game could easily happen. 120-130 seems more likely, tho.  

• Like 3