CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

It’s rare coaches bench vets for younger guys especially rookies. I can see Zara getting an honorary start though and Bell still getting 20 mins.

• Like 2

I think 20-25 minutes a game will be the norm for him moving forward. He's simply playing too well to lose minutes. 7/10/1/1/2 is impressive, and he didn't even play in the 4th quarter. I'd gladly take that at the end of my roster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

It’s rare coaches bench vets for younger guys especially rookies. I can see Zara getting an honorary start though and Bell still getting 20 mins.

This.  Fantasy owners forget the dynamics of locker rooms in real life basketball. An established vet like zaza isn't going to suddenly get DNPs.

That said, bell is a per-minute monster in a high-octane  system.  He only needs 20 minutes for 12 team value.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2

The starters are KD, Steph, Draymond and Klay. That last spot in the starting 5 will rotate during the season depending on the matchup. The good news is that even if he’s not starting, Bell will probably get around 25 minutes a game. Should be enough for him to plenty of stocks.

19 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

This.  Fantasy owners forget the dynamics of locker rooms in real life basketball. An established vet like zaza isn't going to suddenly get DNPs.

That said, bell is a per-minute monster in a high-octane  system.  He only needs 20 minutes for 12 team value.

Look what he did with 22 minutes last night. I'm perfectly fine with keeping him in my 12 team league if he produces lines like last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

I would still like to hear an explanation for him being benched for the last 18 mins or so last night. Was he banged up? 

He was not banged up. Kerr went with Iggy and Casspi down the stretch because he needed more offense. This did not work, it should be noted. Denver rattled off a series of points in the paint and GS could not defend at all or get rebounds. On offense GS couldn't hit 3s and got sucked into depending on it. 

Overall, Bell is MUCH more mobile than Zaza. He does make mistakes in rushing it and is learning. They will likely bring Bell along and let Zaza start so he can set picks to get the shooters open early and establish their games. They will split the position in a timeshare. But 24 minutes of Bell is just fine for steals and blks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He was not banged up. Kerr went with Iggy and Casspi down the stretch because he needed more offense. This did not work, it should be noted. Denver rattled off a series of points in the paint and GS could not defend at all or get rebounds. On offense GS couldn't hit 3s and got sucked into depending on it. 

Overall, Bell is MUCH more mobile than Zaza. He does make mistakes in rushing it and is learning. They will likely bring Bell along and let Zaza start so he can set picks to get the shooters open early and establish their games. They will split the position in a timeshare. But 24 minutes of Bell is just fine for steals and blks.

They won't really split it because there is West as well. Bell played 20-25 mins without Zaza. I think the reasonable expectation is 17-20 ROS. 

• Like 1

Hmm....

I don't think Bell cuts into any of the rotation regulars' minutes per se

I do believe, perhaps, that the regulars might see the frequency of their "rest days" increase though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

They won't really split it because there is West as well. Bell played 20-25 mins without Zaza. I think the reasonable expectation is 17-20 ROS. 

Agreed. But the trend is toward more minutes to Bell. They are developing him to be ready for the playoffs, when he will go off. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Dropped Milos for him in a dynasty league. Ring the bell!!

Really a no brainer as Milos is 31 already. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Really a no brainer as Milos is 31 already. 

Yes I agree, but I’m extremely thin at SG (Milos is SG in ESPN) and we can only play 1 of each position every night (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) so it’s tough to win if you’re thin at a position but Bell’s stocks are just too tempting. 

Edited by AndreSplash
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikhov said:

reason not to give him a 20 minute role at the vey least. This guy looks like an integral part of their future and needs reps.

how  Zaza pachoolia is a starting center, let alone player int he nba escapes me. whats even more infuriating is the fact that everyone, even a retard can see that jordan bell balls out way the hell better than zaza . everyone but his coach. :wacko:

did steve kerr have a couple strokes in teh offseason or something???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndreSplash said:

Yes I agree, but I’m extremely thin at SG (Milos is SG in ESPN) and we can only play 1 of each position every night (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) so it’s tough to win if you’re thin at a position but Bell’s stocks are just too tempting. 

I mean if Bell is th starting C next year I’m guessing in a re-draft dynasty league he’s a top 50 pick easily.  I really couldn’t care if you were thin, you had to make that add. In my dynasty league I dumped Milos last week without hesitation for Bell. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I mean if Bell is th starting C next year I’m guessing in a re-draft dynasty league he’s a top 50 pick easily.  I really couldn’t care if you were thin, you had to make that add. In my dynasty league I dumped Milos last week without hesitation for Bell. 

Hmmm that's a nice thought....

I was wondering the same... he'll start 4sure... next year....

....soooo realistically he's a 4th-5th round pick ??? 

Zaza Pachulia (left shoulder soreness) is probable for Monday's game vs. Cleveland.

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Zaza Pachulia (left shoulder soreness) is probable for Monday's game vs. Cleveland.

Doesn't matter F HIM ! 

:angry:

1 hour ago, happymedium11 said:

how  Zaza pachoolia is a starting center, let alone player int he nba escapes me. whats even more infuriating is the fact that everyone, even a retard can see that jordan bell balls out way the hell better than zaza . everyone but his coach. :wacko:

did steve kerr have a couple strokes in teh offseason or something???

He’s an expendable bruiser that can pass, make free throws and rebound who also doesn’t need the ball in his hands. Zaza doesn’t play that many minutes anyway.

I think holding off Bell from the starting lineup has a lot more to do with usage concerns as it’s already quite crowded touchwise with Curry, Klay, KD and Dray.

I don’t mind bringing Bell off the bench where he can get more opportunities and touches with 2 starters / 2 role players, I would just like to see him get minutes as it’s more likely that their death line up (4 all stars + iggy) closes games.

If Bell can consistently start stretching out the floor and hit a three, I feel like he would’ve been starting from the get go.

Atleast they have the option to throw him in there over maybe iggy against big line ups like LA / Pau or AD / Cuz to close games.

If you factor in rest days and how many blow out games (more than half their sched) the Warriors still play, he has every opportunity to earn atleast 20 mpg RoS over the likes of Javale (who is just a rim protector / lob threat) or David West (Old)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

He’s an expendable bruiser that can pass, make free throws and rebound who also doesn’t need the ball in his hands. Zaza doesn’t play that many minutes anyway.

I think holding off Bell from the starting lineup has a lot more to do with usage concerns as it’s already quite crowded touchwise with Curry, Klay, KD and Dray.

I don’t mind bringing Bell off the bench where he can get more opportunities and touches with 2 starters / 2 role players, I would just like to see him get minutes as it’s more likely that their death line up (4 all stars + iggy) closes games.

If Bell can consistently start stretching out the floor and hit a three, I feel like he would’ve been starting from the get go.

Atleast they have the option to throw him in there over maybe iggy against big line ups like LA / Pau or AD / Cuz to close games.

If you factor in rest days and how many blow out games (more than half their sched) the Warriors still play, he has every opportunity to earn atleast 20 mpg RoS over the likes of Javale (who is just a rim protector / lob threat) or David West (Old)

but draymond is his constant. he's his champion. you gotta play bell with draymond instead of bell with scrubs off the bench.  its clear theres a dynamic duo forming and the chemistry is undeniable with those two. unless iggy wants to be his best friend and dish him easy basket layups and dunk finishes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, happymedium11 said:

but draymond is his constant. he's his champion. you gotta play bell with draymond instead of bell with scrubs off the bench.  its clear theres a dynamic duo forming and the chemistry is undeniable with those two. unless iggy wants to be his best friend and dish him easy basket layups and dunk finishes.

Yeah, I agree with this.  I can see Bell getting minutes as guys take periodic rest days.  However, he really feeds off of Draymond's energy.  I am not certain Bell is ready to be the lead man with the second unit.

The track record definitely shows vets start over rookies, but there are special exceptions where a rookie's skill becomes undeniable and his progress and learning curve is so quick that it would be doing both he and the team in the short term and the long term a disservice - and I think this is one of those cases. We see instances like with Donovan Mitchell where Snyder saw how good this kid was in summer league that he had no choice but to play him big minutes. Let's face it, it's not only Bell's ceiling that's light years ahead of Pachulia's, it's also his floor. 

The only thing Bell has to clean up is some turnovers and learn how to cut down the immaturity (taunting), Kerr is hammering that home, so we're going to see less of that and more productive stat lines.

Zaza has intangible skills that play well into what the Warriors do, his defensive IQ is pretty strong, he shuts down a lot of opposing Centers just with his girth and grit/toughness, he gets into guys and forces them into bad shots, he takes charges, and on offense his high post passing and screen setting is the same way they used Bogut which opens up their entire offense. But, that's not a skill that's necessarily required with the talent they have in the starting 5, Luis Scola was pretty good at some of those skills, and he was still a bench player for most of his career. Bell has many of these same skills and is a really good passer himself; before long Bell will be starting, and I think it will be far sooner than people think. One thing to mention in this past blowout is that it was actually KD, Draymond, and Klay getting worked time and again by Chandler - Jokic - Harris, Bell was one of the energetic constants. 

Say he finally is able to produce consistently in 20 minute stints - your floor is at least a double double guy with huge potential for assists / steals / blocks in a very short amount of time, and if he reaches a 25 - 30 min ceiling and becomes the starter - well then it's pretty much uncapped.

As evidenced by his rankings, he had plenty of down games this month and he still tops out at 34 over the past 30 days, 56 over the past 14 days, and 26 over the last 7 days. I'm hanging on, even with some inconsistent lines as someone else mentioned at the end of the week it still comes out to a crazy average because he ends up giving you one game which can win you the whole week (whether it's his 8 or 5 assist games, or 4 block game, etc.). One of these days this guy is going to give a 5 x 5 type line. 

Lastly, he's now played 6 games in a row with 20+ minutes for the first time all season and did not disappoint in a single outing, Kerr said his minutes are growing, so we can have a bit more confidence moving forward that he's not just going to go back to 9 minutes anymore - and that is more important than whether he's starting or not. With this guy minutes = stats. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, chud12 said:

Of effing course. Bell is about to be cockblocked when he's sitting on 4 starts at Center :angry: and CBS requires 5 starts to pick up eligibility 

• Haha 1