CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Tristin Thompson hasn't seen the court, prob has something to do with Zaza not playing. 

Kind of getting owned by Love but he’s still getting good minutes and isn’t really playing poorly. Just a tough matchup and Love is playing well.

• Like 1

Such a great learning experience for the rookie being out there with the veterans in clutch time... and a key rebound too.

• Like 1

Not a great stat line tonight but I loved that Kerr stuck with Bell in crunch time even though he made a crucial turnover and turned down 2 shots back to back when he should have shot the ball. Maybe he really is the starting C going forward regardless of matchup. 

Maybe postgame Kerr will commit and say he is the new starting C.. 

Edited by chud12

My only complaint is that he is too often passing up wide open shots and looks scared to shoot anything that isn’t in the paint. I know he can knock down those ten foot jumpers but it’s almost as if he doesn’t even consider taking them. Hopefully the confidence to take those shots comes with more reps.

4 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

My only complaint is that he is too often passing up wide open shots and looks scared to shoot anything that isn’t in the paint. I know he can knock down those ten foot jumpers but it’s almost as if he doesn’t even consider taking them. Hopefully the confidence to take those shots comes with more reps.

What do you expect from a rookie in a clutch situation surrounded by stars and sharpshooters. Natural for the kid to be a little gun shy. After he took that 3 pointer I'm sure Durant Draymond encouraged him to continue to stay aggressive. So it'll be about continuing to take the shots given to him and building confidence.

And lastly, I hope this doesn't kill Zaza's All Star chances..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anthony Slater
 @anthonyVslater
Steve Kerr said he'll start Zaza Pachulia next game vs Utah. Liked Bell in Cavs matchup.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

His offensive games needs work I agree with that there, but he played great individual defense on LeBron all day and forced him into alot of turnovers.. Kid deserves his props in that department.

24 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

What do you expect from a rookie in a clutch situation surrounded by stars and sharpshooters. Natural for the kid to be a little gun shy. After he took that 3 pointer I'm sure Durant Draymond encouraged him to continue to stay aggressive. So it'll be about continuing to take the shots given to him and building confidence.

And lastly, I hope this doesn't kill Zaza's All Star chances..

This. His jumper won't be there this season, but damn he's been good at everything else. Developing good chemistry with draymond off the lob too. 

No surprise Zaza starts Wednesday. Soon as teams put Zaza in pick n rolls and he gets abused Bell will be subbed in. I expect 15 mins some nights 20 other nights.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

It's a sad world we live in :( . . .

Bell will still get 20-24 minutes probably, I'm cool with that. He put up 7/10/1/1 in 23 min the other night. Not bad for a rookie. 

10 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Bell will still get 20-24 minutes probably, I'm cool with that. He put up 7/10/1/1 in 23 min the other night. Not bad for a rookie. 

I know, I know...

I'm just expressing... my sadness about life... world... :unsure:

It'd be nice if he started but I don't think it really matters as long as he can get 20-25 minutes a night.  And with the way he's played in the past couple weeks he definitely should.  Must-own in 12 teamers.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

bell is what nerlens noel would be if he stayed healthy and got playing time. 

Do you think Noel can be shoot 3s??? Really??? :-)

14 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Some interesting news for our boy. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-big-men-deficient-bucks-talking-to-warriors-about-pachulia-mcgee/

If one of these guys gets moved just means more time Bell

The Warriors don't give up their championship-team.  McGee will play a bigger role in the play-offs. Zaza and McGee are options for a classical line-up.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

14 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Some interesting news for our boy. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-big-men-deficient-bucks-talking-to-warriors-about-pachulia-mcgee/

If one of these guys gets moved just means more time Bell

I think the journeyman McGee is gone. He's not even viable as a hype man anymore.

Zaza is twice the defender as he is and he still has his usefulness on the Warriors. 

Already taken out after 5 minutes, if hes done for the half smh. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Already taken out after 5 minutes, if hes done for the half smh. 

A bench player only played half of the 1st quarter? Drop him immediately!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6