CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

13 rebounds, 7 asts in 22 minutes. draymond aint got s--- on him. 

Just wait until he knocks down those 3's tho :ph34r:

If it were to be nitpicks, he can do a better job at boxing out and stop biting on pump fakes so often. But that's the only kinks in the armor. Dudes a straight stud. 

• Like 1

It's downright frightening how fast this guy can rack up stats.. just 22 minutes and had a +20 off the bench.. 

Not including today's game GSW is a +17.8 when he's on the court compared to +9.6 when he's off.. he's got a PER of 21.. and per 36 averages of 13.4 points / 9.4 rebounds / 4.3 assists / 1.8 steals / 2.9 blocks on 70% FG.. jesus..

UNLEASH HIM KERR!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

It's downright frightening how fast this guy can rack up stats.. just 22 minutes and had a +20 off the bench.. 

Not including today's game GSW is a +17.8 when he's on the court compared to +9.6 when he's off.. he's got a PER of 21.. and per 36 averages of 13.4 points / 9.4 rebounds / 4.3 assists / 1.8 steals / 2.9 blocks on 70% FG.. jesus..

UNLEASH HIM KERR!!

15 rebounds in 21 minutes, holy hell, this guy is a bonafide STUD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

15 rebounds in 21 minutes, holy hell, this guy is a bonafide STUD.

Where did you get the 15 from? Was there a miscount in the gamesheet? I’ve got it as 13 in yahoo.

14 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Where did you get the 15 from? Was there a miscount in the gamesheet? I’ve got it as 13 in yahoo.

I just realized my mistake haha but still, 13 in 21 minutes is impressive. No big on the wire can offer that. AND 7 assists! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I just realized my mistake haha but still, 13 in 21 minutes is impressive. No big on the wire can offer that. AND 7 assists! 

I agree—awesome. Hopefully the warriors move McGee or someone to make further space/minutes for Bell.

• Like 1

Bought/buying in all of my leagues, I’m really liking building around multicat big men / wings (Horford, Vuc, Marc, Cousins, Dray Jokic, Lebron, JJohnson, now Bell).

The kid’s in good company in fantasy land!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I agree—awesome. Hopefully the warriors move McGee or someone to make further space/minutes for Bell.

Yeah apparently there were talks with the Bucks that fizzled, but here's what Roto wrote tonight: This is telling. I think 25 minutes a game is close to what he'll average, and he's been playing great. He'll only get better from here. The sky is the limit for this guy. 

Coach Steve Kerr said before the game that Zaza Pachulia would be starting the "vast majority of games," but he also added that he wouldn't hesitate to start Bell in certain matchups. Bell was a top-75 player in standard 9-category leagues over the past month in under 20 minutes per game, so as long as he stays in the rotation and plays a similar amount of minutes or more, his upside is too high to leave on the wire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Bought/buying in all of my leagues, I’m really liking building around multicat big men / wings (Horford, Vuc, Marc, Cousins, Dray Jokic, Lebron, JJohnson, now Bell).

The kid’s in good company in fantasy land!

Me too. That's why I drafted Nurk and Chriss, but we know how that has worked out thus far! :D I have Collins and Bell now though, so I'm pleased. And Porzingod at C...but Bell is a special talent who helps in all areas except 3's. That's rare. He should be owner in way more than 38% of Yahoo leagues. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Me too. That's why I drafted Nurk and Chriss, but we know how that has worked out thus far! :D I have Collins and Bell now though, so I'm pleased. And Porzingod at C...but Bell is a special talent who helps in all areas except 3's. That's rare. He should be owner in way more than 38% of Yahoo leagues. 

Nurk was actually one of the pieces I gave to get Bell in the package. Been thanking God he’s not on my roster everyday. The free agent pool this season has been great and if Bell continues to add to his solid play and/or Javale gets moved, then it could work out nicely for GS and for us!

• Like 1

Let’s keep it on topic, fellas.

Despite the outlook (and starting position) of a guy like John Collins, I like the idea of holding Bell far better. I took a look at their last 7 games each, Collins has had reduced minutes, but not unlike Bell’s, and Bell has blown him out of the comparison.

He has a good chance at retaining this mid-twenties playing time, and could be a nice contributor leading to the trade deadline, when more rumblings should happen, and GMs will usually start shooting trade offers themselves.

16 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Let’s keep it on topic, fellas.

Despite the outlook (and starting position) of a guy like John Collins, I like the idea of holding Bell far better. I took a look at their last 7 games each, Collins has had reduced minutes, but not unlike Bell’s, and Bell has blown him out of the comparison.

He has a good chance at retaining this mid-twenties playing time, and could be a nice contributor leading to the trade deadline, when more rumblings should happen, and GMs will usually start shooting trade offers themselves.

Yes, with what Bell’s churning out - I still had to “overpay” to get the other guy to accept. But this is probably the last chance to “buy low” if he’s already rostered and you want him.

He will be on a lot of championship rosters IMO. Collins is more of a traditional big, (fg%, boards, stocks) but Bell can do more for you statistically and I do like his outlook more, especially in the Warrior’s system.

I read some remarks on here about how he’s passing up on shots to redistribute the ball. I think that’s a fantastic thing right now. You look at his assists (7 from last night), and he’s sharing quite often. This will surely help solidify his role and make him even more favorable for Kerr. Remember when Zaza wasn’t a warrior yet, and people were picking him up for those hefty assists?

Pairing Bell and Draymond has worked out beautifully for me. Balances out Draymond's fg%, improves the already impressive rebounds and defensive stocks from Draymond.

The most surprising thing is how Bell is still able to rack up assists even after Green's return. While Draymond will still finish ahead of Bell ROS, Bell does have chance to put up 2nd round value in the second half, for those who are punting points or 3s category.

Especially when punting 3s, Bell's value is almost neck and neck with Draymond in the past 4 games and also 2 weeks according to BBM.

Bell's floor ROS is around late 4th to 5th round for 9-cat imo. With increased minutes and opportunities, the ceiling is likely around late 2nd to 3rd round 9-cat. Lets's go..

Yeah let's pump the brakes a little bit here people.  He's an ideal fit for a punt pts/3's team...that's for sure.  But when talking about a standard league asset, he's got a lot to prove still.  We know he can play.  And we know he has earned himself a nice role on the team.  But until he gets 25 or more minutes per game I don't think he's gonna be a steady mid-round guy.  In his 18-23 minute role, he's still a must-own, but I don't think he's gonna be putting up elite value like some people ITT believe.  And before everyone says "look at BBM's rank in the last month."  That is being heavily driven by BLK and FG% while he has been a no-show in PTS and 3's.

Disclaimer:  I own Bell in several leagues so there's nothing I'd like to see more than Bell put up great value.

I get it, he has tremendous upside, but honestly feels like one of those old Bobby Portis threads.

It's not a matter of what Bell can bring to the table, I just doubt Kerr's rotations and minutes distribution. Curry got injured on Dec. 4th, and that's exactly when Bell's minutes jumped to nearly 22-24 minutes a game since. It helped that Draymond (missed 5 games from the 6th to the 20th) and Zaza (played 1 game from the 4th - 25th) was also out with injuries of their own. So in theory, Kerr's rotations usually consists of:

Curry Thompson Durant Green Zaza

Livingston McCaw Iggy Casspi West

and you STILL got Young and McGee and the occasional Kevin Looney.

Now, do I think Bell has made it hard for Kerr to play Bell more, over the likes of Looney and McGee? Sure. But given this 10+ man rotation which Kerr usually runs, where you can bet Durant Thompson Green and Curry are going to exceed 30+ minutes, I highly doubt Kerr will throw a rookie out there for over 20 minutes once the squad is healthy. They won a championship with Zaza out there. He's underrated in his grit and his ability to draw screens for the snipers on GS. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's party. I own Bell in 1 league and I'm honestly ready to drop once Curry comes back.

2 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

I get it, he has tremendous upside, but honestly feels like one of those old Bobby Portis threads.

It's not a matter of what Bell can bring to the table, I just doubt Kerr's rotations and minutes distribution. Curry got injured on Dec. 4th, and that's exactly when Bell's minutes jumped to nearly 22-24 minutes a game since. It helped that Draymond (missed 5 games from the 6th to the 20th) and Zaza (played 1 game from the 4th - 25th) was also out with injuries of their own. So in theory, Kerr's rotations usually consists of:

Curry Thompson Durant Green Zaza

Livingston McCaw Iggy Casspi West

and you STILL got Young and McGee and the occasional Kevin Looney.

Now, do I think Bell has made it hard for Kerr to play Bell more, over the likes of Looney and McGee? Sure. But given this 10+ man rotation which Kerr usually runs, where you can bet Durant Thompson Green and Curry are going to exceed 30+ minutes, I highly doubt Kerr will throw a rookie out there for over 20 minutes once the squad is healthy. They won a championship with Zaza out there. He's underrated in his grit and his ability to draw screens for the snipers on GS. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's party. I own Bell in 1 league and I'm honestly ready to drop once Curry comes back.

Portis is A different situation.. It is proven he is not a good nba player..

Edited by nbachamp

Really? Define "good" then

He's a nutcase for sure, but someone whose averaging 12.5/6.7 in just 21 minutes a game is far from "not a good NBA player"

8 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

Really? Define "good" then

He's a nutcase for sure, but someone whose averaging 12.5/6.7 in just 21 minutes a game is far from "not a good NBA player"

His bball iq is low....he is like tjones and randle(both can produce if given mins)..

4 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

His bball iq is low....he is like tjones and randle(both can produce if given mins)..

This is fantasy. You're using low BBall IQ to evaluate who you should pick up? You act like if something happened to Markanen or Mirotic you wouldn't run to the wire and pick up Portis.

next.

6 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

how does one determine the bball iq here?

OK, things are going off the rails here pretty quickly. I'll make it easy for you guys. This guy is a better player than Portis ever will be. There are very few big men who get 7 assists in a game. This guy is a rookie, though. He'll have his bumps in the road just like all rookies do. But if you don't have space for a guy who can put up double digit rebounds, a handful of assists, multiple blocks, and high FG% on your roster, than you need to...assuming he's still on the wire. This guy is special, he'll earn more minutes as the year wears on, because GS will clinch quickly. He'll take Zaza's minutes gradually, because he's playing too well not to. Get him, and enjoy the nice lines to come. 

• Like 4