CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Just now, affliction said:

im patiently waiting for the next draymond green rest day.

Playing in an 18 team dynasty league I'm counting down the days when he takes over Greens position 

2 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

Playing in an 18 team dynasty league I'm counting down the days when he takes over Greens position 

i have him in dynasty as well..i dont know about him taking Greens job but kerr already mentioned he is the perfect modern day 5 and with mcgee and zaza on 1 year deals he will be starting next year.

• Like 1

lol guys, please .... i love the kid but he aint taking Draymonds job haha

• Like 1

hes no draymond.. but hes the PERFECT 5 for this team! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

That's what a bunch of coaches say about a bunch of rookies, and more often than not, they simply do not follow throw - it means very little.

Like I said Kerr is straightforward and pretty honest with the media.

Draymond bell kd front court will be nasty...they should use the regular season as his training grounds

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

just jumped on the bandwagon. i love me some unrealized potential. 

LETS GO

35 minutes ago, affliction said:

Like I said Kerr is straightforward and pretty honest with the media.

16 minutes. He’s not going to sustain 9-cat standard league value with those kind of minutes. He had a good game against Orlando. Let’s calm down a bit in terms of the hype here.

Def a pick up in deep 14+ teamers.

Just picked this guy up and will stash him in hopes he pans out in the very near future (well, we see what he's capable of playing on a Warriors team).  The upside is indeed tremendous.

8 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

16 minutes. He’s not going to sustain 9-cat standard league value with those kind of minutes. He had a good game against Orlando. Let’s calm down a bit in terms of the hype here.

How many potential studs that break the mold are you going to miss out on if you use the logic that "he's not going to sustain value?"

This kind of thinking usually gets me in baseball when I see some "lucky chump" like Cody Bellinger and think that it's just a hot streak. In basketball? It's almost always a result of great unrecognized talent and 9 times out of 10 leads to a burning.

Jordan Bell has:

1. An AMAZING PER

2. A championship coach who was also a championship player who is singing his praises

3. A chip on his shoulder

4. A system and set of teammates that fosters a ridiculous amount of open looks

5. 1 percent ownership

buy buy buy folks! Buy Ethereum too while you're at it

• Like 1

Damn it I really wanna pick this guy up but I don't know if I have a drop for him...the upside is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Damn it I really wanna pick this guy up but I don't know if I have a drop for him...the upside is ridiculous.

When there's a will there's a drop

Just now, pushaZ said:

When there's a will there's a drop

pun intended? :P 

Decided to take a flier on him in my 12 man with Dedmon on my IL with this latest performance.. they blow so many teams out - they can afford to rest players, and Kerr is getting pressured by his players / media / fans to play him more, and he's a per-minute monster.. 

He has the potential to swing the blocks cat by himself as long as he gets a steady 15 mpg, and I think at some point he'll just render Pachulia obsolete because this guy has a long term future with the team, and he's a scary defensive player to put next to Durant and Draymond. 

41 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

16 minutes with Bell - scarily enough, is more than plenty, you can't say that for most players.

His issue hasn't been 16 mpg, it's been getting 2 minutes for 5 games straight and then 12 minutes, and when he gets those 12 minute stints he's putting up crazy multi-cat lines.

So let's extrapolate and say with all the positive things Kerr and teammates are saying about needing to get him on the floor, him learning the schemes (they say he's speaking to assistant coaches and teammates at every opportunity to keep learning), he suddenly either takes over as a starter for Pachulia, or they just completely unleash him because frankly they can afford to do so, then you have a monster per-minute C on your hands.

• Like 2

With how good this rookie class has been (one of of the best in recent memory), not taking a chance on a guy with monster upside when you've seen what some of the others have done (Markkanen, Mitchell, Tatum, DSJ, John Collins, Kuzma) could be a big mistake. The consensus is Bell should've been a top 15-20 pick, not a 2nd rounder, but everyone made a mistake overlooking his talent (except GSW). 

Kerr on Jordan Bell: “Well, if I don’t put him out here in Miami, Bob (Myers) might fire me.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Kerr on Jordan Bell: “Well, if I don’t put him out here in Miami, Bob (Myers) might fire me.” 

Miami's game will be the first of the back to back - will Draymond get rested again?