CORTEz

Jordan Bell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

He had essentially the same team that won 51 games the year before, and won 67 games and the finals. Don't sell him short just because he has a great team.

Not to mention,  how many people think Waltons doing a great job now in LA? Waltons lucky to have had Kerr, not the other way around 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Not to mention,  how many people think Waltons doing a great job now in LA? Waltons lucky to have had Kerr, not the other way around 

Lol, I’m positive anyone would have their hands full with the current Lakers squad.

2 hours ago, Jin said:

Lol, I’m positive anyone would have their hands full with the current Lakers squad.

Yea for sure.  All though some individual players are starting to look good IMO.  Certainly Hart is a bit of a surprise.  Same with Kuzma.  Both seem like talented players.  They actually would have a bit of a log jam at SG/SF with Hart, Ingram, Clarkson, Kuzma and KCP if  Ball and KCP weren't injured.  

When fully healthy they actually have a very nice young squad at PG/SG/SF.   

PF/C even I think they have a nice young core.  Just think they need a good polishing.  But Randle, Nance Jr, Zubac all seem like nice players.  All though I thought Kuzma or Randle should be starting at PF over Nance Jr.  Not sure what that rotation is like.  And then when healthy they have Lopez at C. 

I really think in another year or two Lakers could be vying for a playoff spot.   I actually really like Hart, Ingram, Kuzma and Randle.  Think Randle is destined for PF though.    I think their coach needs to settle on positions and ride them. 

But back to Bell.  He really just needs to work on his offensive game.  If he could get his 15ppg as a starter though I think that would be brilliant when combined with his peripherals and defensive numbers.  Seems like a good passer too.  He's getting assists. 

Edited by brakeyawself

5 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

But back to Bell.  He really just needs to work on his offensive game.  If he could get his 15ppg as a starter though I think that would be brilliant when combined with his peripherals and defensive numbers.  Seems like a good passer too.  He's getting assists. 

That won't ever happen on this Warrior squad, they just don't need him to score. I think Bell just needs to develop a consistent mid-range shot and hit the occasional 3 and he is set. If he averages 10-12 per that would be huge for his value.

He already made some jump shots last week and his free throws have been ok, it's just that's not his first thought when he gets the ball even if he is alone and that's why he makes some mistakes. His form seems really good, just some more confidence he needs. As for averaging 15 pts it won't gonna happen ever I think with Durant, Klay and Curry around, but he doesn't really need that.

7 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

He already made some jump shots last week and his free throws have been ok, it's just that's not his first thought when he gets the ball even if he is alone and that's why he makes some mistakes. His form seems really good, just some more confidence he needs. As for averaging 15 pts it won't gonna happen ever I think with Durant, Klay and Curry around, but he doesn't really need that.

This. A rookie playing with 4 all-star players SHOULD be gun shy. As he gets his feet under him and the team encourages him more, he'll relax and open up on the offensive end. 

It never ceases to amaze how some folks always find something to complain about.  Here is a rookie 2nd rounder putting up monster per-minute stocks with rebound and assist numbers to boot....and people whining that he should be scoring 15+ points on top of that.  RW forums never ceases to amaze.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

It never ceases to amaze how some folks always find something to complain about.  Here is a rookie 2nd rounder putting up monster per-minute stocks with rebound and assist numbers to boot....and people whining that he should be scoring 15+ points on top of that.  RW forums never ceases to amaze.

Could not agree more.  This guy was a waiver wire add for most teams in leagues of 12 or less.  Just enjoy what he does produce and stop expecting what is not realistic.  He is not gonna get 30 plus minutes a game, he is not going to consistently score over 10 points, he is not going to suddenly start jacking up threes and returning first round value.  Take the stocks, boards and assists on what is most likely a bench filler on your roster and enjoy that someone else in your league does not have him.  If you expect more, cut him and move on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

If you would bother reading the thread, you would see no one complained that he should be scoring 15+ points.  That would be ridiculous.

Asking him to improve offensively is understandable, but it's not a requirement. Apparently he's a super hard worker, so he could probably maximize whatever offensive ceiling he does have. That being said, I don't think it's a high one, he's not that type of player. Bell is an energy bunny, like others before him such as Jerome Williams or Dennis Rodman back in the day (not comparing them, but he's a motor talent, not an offensively skilled player). Bell's advantage is that he outworks everyone, he plays both ends. He's not going to suddenly back someone down and do a dreamshake into a fadeaway. He shows that he can finish on the fast break with some euro steps and fakes, but I think his offensive ceiling is pretty limited. Having a nice little mid-range jumper will go a long way toward having him at least be somewhat respectable. It's why the Ben Wallace comparison with him is so apt. I'm not sure he'll ever reach Ben's gaudy rebounding numbers, but certainly his impact as a two-way player will be very similar as long as the minutes are there.

3 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

If you would bother reading the thread, you would see no one complained that he should be scoring 15+ points.  That would be ridiculous.

Yea man. If anybody expected him to be a 15 ppg guy, he would've been a top 10 pick easily in the draft. Not a 2nd rounder

He's actually a decent shooter. I'm a Lakers fan and watched almost every draft workout video, and Bell impressed me the most. Albeit a small sample size, he was knock down from outside. Being given a larger offensive role (probably down the track) I'd guess is not off the cards at all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ROTY said:

He's actually a decent shooter. I'm a Lakers fan and watched almost every draft workout video, and Bell impressed me the most. Albeit a small sample size, he was knock down from outside. Being given a larger offensive role (probably down the track) I'd guess is not off the cards at all.

Honestly, all prospects in DX vid nail their shots for the most part. Even Marcus Smart's shot looked half decent in his workout video. Terrence Ross looked like he'd be a superstar in his workout vid, same with McDermott. If you can't knock down shot after shot in an open gym by yourself you don't belong in the NBA. Even the worst players can do crazy s--- that you can't imagine.. 

18 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Honestly, all prospects in DX vid nail their shots for the most part. Even Marcus Smart's shot looked half decent in his workout video. Terrence Ross looked like he'd be a superstar in his workout vid, same with McDermott. If you can't knock down shot after shot in an open gym by yourself you don't belong in the NBA. Even the worst players can do crazy s--- that you can't imagine.. 

Thats a fair point but this was a hard running, fatigue shooting type drill (if you know the one). Really hard to make buckets after sprinting coast to coast numerous times. Compared to the rest of the draftees, he was the clear stand out. To be a a pf/c with a high motor and the conditioning and poise to make pull up 3 after 3, is impressive to me. Just my 2c.

If Zaza is out I really want Green to play next to Bell. Bell is so much better with Dray around.

• Like 2

Both Zaza and Green are questionable... What if they both sat?

5e96752819458c2e5a439f36631f94fa.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With essentially the whole frontcourt available to play - today should give an indication on whether Bell remains around the 20 minute mark, and if situation will dictate a fluctuation in minutes.

20 minutes ago, markus85 said:

With essentially the whole frontcourt available to play - today should give an indication on whether Bell remains around the 20 minute mark, and if situation will dictate a fluctuation in minutes.

I think both Dray and Zaza will be somewhat limited today - they have a b2b game against Houston tomorrow (albeit without Harden).

Bodes well for our guy to get around 18-22 min.

• Like 1

my bad guys i picked him up. i'll roll the dice on him tomorrow. all i expect for him is to chip in in stocks and fg%

4 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

tough to get mins with a healthy starting 5, upside is there and still roster-able in 12+ leagues 

DROP CITY

Just kidding, he still got 20 mins. HOLD 

• Like 1