Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzy_Slippers

Brian Dozier 2018 Outlook

56 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He batted.200 in my weekly league with no hrs so I have zero idea where u go those stats 

I’m not sure why it matters, but that’s what Yahoo says as the “last week”.

Either way he hasn’t been horrendous at all. He’s a top 100 player and rising. 

8 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

I’m not sure why it matters, but that’s what Yahoo says as the “last week”.

Either way he hasn’t been horrendous at all. He’s a top 100 player and rising. 

Last 7 days counting last night .280/5/2/6/2

Last 14 days again counting last night .245/9/2/9/3

Has improved since being traded but wasn't really horrendous by any stretch.

5 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Last 7 days counting last night .280/5/2/6/2

Last 14 days again counting last night .245/9/2/9/3

Has improved since being traded but wasn't really horrendous by any stretch.

And to reward that he batting benchthed today.

42 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

And to reward that he batting benchthed today.

I benched him today also. Rather he didn't face Verlander.

Benching Dozier today is embarrassing.   This guy is ready to be post-trade Manny Ramirez (Dodgers version).  Definitely want to stunt the hot streak.

28 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

Benching Dozier today is embarrassing.   This guy is ready to be post-trade Manny Ramirez (Dodgers version).  Definitely want to stunt the hot streak.

Some of these managers are idiots. Sit a guy who’s on fire. Idiot. 

9 hours ago, thefamily79 said:

He had god awful numbers in his career vs. Verlander to hopefully that had something to do with the benching snd not bevause of the depth they now have.  

Brian Dozier had an abnormal EKG that showed an irregular heartbeat after leaving Monday night's game against the San Francisco Giants due to dizziness, reports Alanna Rizzo of SportsNet LA. More tests are needed. (Source: Alanna Rizzo on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: While leaving the game was not necessarily a cause for alarm, an abnormal EKG and an irregular heartbeat could be a sign of something more serious. Kenley Jansen was recently placed on the disabled list and is expected to be out for approximately four-to-six weeks, so fantasy owners should definitely be concerned and monitor Dozier's status for updates in the coming days. He expected to undergo further tests on Tuesday.

This stuff stinks.  Still remember Reggie Lewis.  Godspeed to Dozier and Jansen.

Wow man.

But yeah, with heart stuff you just have to be happy to come out of it alive.

Dozier is back out there tonight.  Good news.

***** fantasy baseball for a second. So happy to see everything checked out fine. 

2 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

***** fantasy baseball for a second. So happy to see everything checked out fine. 

That is great news, hopefully they’re checking off all medical requirements thoroughly. I’d like to think there’s no way they wouldn’t but crazier things have happened.

Heading into the fantasy playoffs next week and considering dropping this turd.  Anyone with insight care to suggest why we shouldn't? 

1 hour ago, midlip said:

Heading into the fantasy playoffs next week and considering dropping this turd.  Anyone with insight care to suggest why we shouldn't? 

I would suggest dropping him. I already have Daniel Murphy and Gleybar Torres, Dozier has been complete garbage and shows no signs of turning it around soon.

He will beast in the second half is all I heard blah blah blah blah blah.  Well it never happened.  ?

On 9/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, midlip said:

It’s win now mode. You have to play your best. 

On 9/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, midlip said:

I plan to cut him before my semi finals start next week

Starting the 7th the Dodgers have @ Col and then 3 @Cin. Whether he plays or not by then who really knows as both Kiki and Muncy haven't been bad at 2nd base this past week on defense. 

Nobody seems to care because all of his backers are long gone from the playoff picture.

But I have to say that this guy is a total trainwreck.  And he’s still owned in more than 90% of yahoo leagues (although the majority of those owners have abandoned their teams).

A burning bag of feces on his front porch is the only solution here.

1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Nobody seems to care because all of his backers are long gone from the playoff picture.

But I have to say that this guy is a total trainwreck.  And he’s still owned in more than 90% of yahoo leagues (although the majority of those owners have abandoned their teams).

A burning bag of feces on his front porch is the only solution here.

I cut him so I can stream Wei-Yin Chen next week, good times!