Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Noah Syndergaard 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Just Mets? Heard Happ has it now also.

Yeah well the Mets probably infected all of NYC so it ended up over on the Yankees too, heh.

Outing looked better than the stats show. They left him in too long, he had given up 0 runs going into the 7th inning at close to 100 pitches.

There used to be a debate if he was the best pitcher on his team. 

Now I’m not even sure he’s the 2nd best pitcher on his team. 

22 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

There used to be a debate if he was the best pitcher on his team. 

Now I’m not even sure he’s the 2nd best pitcher on his team. 

Talent wise you have to keep Noah at 1 or 2 still, but Wheeler is definitely making a compelling case.

I understand that at Wrigley is tough, esp. when it is stupid hot and humid, but what in the bloody hell is going on?

Following on the game tracker, he was supposedly throwing 99 mph sinkers. How do you throw that and get average at best results for so long?

I'm sorry I think he's overrated. If not, prove me wrong.

9 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

I'm sorry I think he's overrated. If not, prove me wrong.

I look forward to him being overdrafted next year.

Ever since June of 2016 he’s been extremely hittable.  He’s really living off those ungodly 2 months in 2016.  Over his last 180 IP he’s giving up over a hit per inning.  For someone with his arm talent that should never happen.  Injuries could/have derailed him.  Agree with people above, let him be someone else’s problem next year unless he’s dealt to another team.

7 hours ago, Caelum said:

Following on the game tracker, he was supposedly throwing 99 mph sinkers. How do you throw that and get average at best results for so long?

Noah is putting to many balls over the plate.  Basically just trying to blow it by hitters with some off speed stuff.

He needs to move guys off the plate by pitching inside so he can own the outside.

MLB hitters can hit 99 mph if it's in the strike zone most of the time.

Jon Lester should not be getting a hit in an RBI situation off of Noah with two outs.

He looked fine earlier this year with a mid-ish 2 FIP. 

I don't think he's fully healthy and probably not giving 100% due to being on a s--- team. Not saying that's right, but I wouldn't be surprised if this suppresses his value to make him a bounce back buy next year 

Starting to think this guy is overrated.

21 minutes ago, B&F said:

Starting to think this guy is overrated.

He's having a bad year. Should be a nice value play next year.

Iffy to start in the next 5-7 days + @ Bean Town if he does, nah, I want no part of that!

29 minutes ago, David Aames said:

next scheduled at boston and at philly for the playoffs....hahaha DROPPED. ...Time to dump this guy gents.

I get it that he hasn't been the best, but, to DROP him? I can't think of many guys with more upside than what Noah offers (even rest of season in his less than stellar state). If him posting a 6 ERA (roughly) on average for a game is his downside, that's a risk I'm certainly willing to take. A risk I'm not willing to take is dropping him, permitting someone else to grab him, and potentially get punched in the mouth with something that was mine. So while I can't agree with a flat out drop, I can get behind a benching. 

Agreed on not dropping him, but @BOS, yeah, that's a bench for me, fresh off giving up 17 baserunners in a start. Maybe he bounces back against the Red Sox, his stuff can dominate anyone if he's sharp, but I'm not going to place my bet on it when I need WHIP improvement in a big way.

4 hours ago, David Aames said:

next scheduled at boston and at philly for the playoffs....hahaha DROPPED. ...Time to dump this guy gents.

Philly has the 3rd highest k% in baseball. Whoever picks him up will be thrilled to get all those k’s for free in a playoff week.

Tough matchup. Boston has some guys in their lineup that don't strike out much, such as Betts, Benintendi, Bogaerts, etc. They are second in wRC+, first in wOBA, and fourth in ISO. Good luck, Thor.