JeterPimpedUrGF

Noah Syndergaard 2018 Outlook

Best game I've seen him pitch this year.  Slider finally working well.  Working on running game, picked off Goldy.  Pumped two at 99 & 100 to PH Marte in 7th.  Good stuff.

Now in line for W thanks to Asdrubal PH HR. 

Edited by Morat

Just hit the 10-day DL. Strained ligament in right index finger. Bummer. 

The curse of owning a Mets player on your fantasy team continues. 

Edited by bank
Just cause

Ugh, well at least it's not really arm related...prob needed to have his IP managed this year anyways. Hope it's less than 30 days.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ugh, well at least it's not really arm related...prob needed to have his IP managed this year anyways. Hope it's less than 30 days.

I don't think there was any restrictions on innings this season.  He threw 183.2 in 2016 and 198.2 in 2015

James WagnerVerified account @ByJamesWagner
FollowFollow @ByJamesWagner
More

Sense is that Syndergaard could've kept pitching through this. (It's the index, not middle finger.) But Mets will give him some rest. He'll use a splint for a little, try for a bullpen this weekend, and if okay, perhaps return as soon as he's eligible next week vs. the Orioles.

• Like 1

The S[O]S Mess has more leaks than the Hoover Dam in Vegas Vacation . . .

welp, this is the mets.. he'll probably end up with gangrene, which they improperly diagnose, followed by an amputation after attempting to pitch through it for about six weeks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:
James WagnerVerified account @ByJamesWagner
FollowFollow @ByJamesWagner
More

Sense is that Syndergaard could've kept pitching through this. (It's the index, not middle finger.) But Mets will give him some rest. He'll use a splint for a little, try for a bullpen this weekend, and if okay, perhaps return as soon as he's eligible next week vs. the Orioles.

I've bashed the Mets as much as anyone over the past few years for their constant mismanaging of injuries but I'll have to give them some credit on this one. It appears they're finally erring on the side of caution with one of their players instead of allowing them to play through something when all that is needed is some rest and treatment.

I wonder what previous generations of players think of these “sore finger” injuries. Ted Williams And Yogi Berra were fighting fascists in combat and this guy takes some time heal a “sore finger”. 

• Like 2

On the other hand, you could possibly say that whomever spoke with James Wagner threw Thor under the bus here with that blurb.

7 hours ago, meh2 said:

I've bashed the Mets as much as anyone over the past few years for their constant mismanaging of injuries but I'll have to give them some credit on this one. It appears they're finally erring on the side of caution with one of their players instead of allowing them to play through something when all that is needed is some rest and treatment.

What makes you think the Mets correctly determined that all thats needed is a little bit of rest and treatment? This is exactly the kind of thing they've screwed up over and over in the past. 

Edited by cs3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

I wonder what previous generations of players think of these “sore finger” injuries. Ted Williams And Yogi Berra were fighting fascists in combat and this guy takes some time heal a “sore finger”. 

Bob Gibson would have kicked some a** if someone suggested he go on the DL for this.

• Haha 1

According to Mike Puma of the NY Post, the Mets are most likely going to hold back Syndergaard until the Subway Series. They don't think he'll be ready for a start on Tuesday and if he pitches Wednesday then he's going to miss the Yankee series. Apparently they really want him pitching in that series. 

My personal guess is that they're afraid of the Yankees embarrassing them. Typical Mets logic here. I mean the Yanks can probably embarrass any pitcher not named Verlander at this point. 

10 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Every time I check Rotoworld I get bad news about one of my pitchers.

angry computer GIF

image.png

image.png

Edited by meh2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, KJ12345 said:

Now how after 2 weeks is that finger swelling after a little game of catch?  Come on now. 

Because the Mets lie about the severity of injuries all of the time. Selling those 5-15 game mini packages is their scheme..

On 5/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, osb_tensor said:

welp, this is the mets.. he'll probably end up with gangrene, which they improperly diagnose, followed by an amputation after attempting to pitch through it for about six weeks.

So far this is the most accurate diagnosis and analysis, which is saying something.

So Syndergaard is now going for a second opinion on his finger. I can’t imagine that’s a good sign. 

Anyone else thinking of trading him away before worse news comes in? 

8 minutes ago, nlarsen777 said:

Anyone else thinking of trading him away before worse news comes in? 

Im sure everyone who owns him wishes they could trade him now, but noboby is giving up anything worthwhile right now.

Is there any Mets injury that doesn’t end up just being a drama filled windy road back to the field?  I bet DeGrom prays at every night he’s dealt.