Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueJaysIn2030

New York Yankees 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

The Yankees lineup, starting staff and bullpen is far superior than the Cubs .

next question

I don't want to get into a Cubs v Yankees comparison in this thread - but that is very off base & not accurate.

16 hours ago, absknicks said:

This 15-1 stretch has been so much more impressive than that "historic" start the Sox got off to considering the opponents. Blue Jays, Twins, Angels, Astros, Indians. The Red Sox got off to their great start with 13 of their first 19 games against the Marlins, O's and Rays.

Pretty clear who the class of the AL is right now.

You left out the part when the Sox outscored the Yanks 27-14 and took 2/3.

I wonder why

The Yankees are not worried about next year. 

13 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

So they lose possibly CC, Walker, DRob and Gardner has an option. Got young talent at all 4 infield spots currently.  The Twin Towers in the OF. 

Do they bother going after MM or  Bryce now? 

I have to believe at this time the brass in charge are not even thinking about MM or Bryce .... 

2 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I wonder why

Baseballl season is 162 games .... and you are bringing up 3 games. Priceless 

I wonder why

Are you really looking at a team taking 2 out of 3 as a reason to declare that team better? lol

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

And you're looking at a 34 game snapshot out of those 162 games to start the season. Priceless.

Just now, IlliniGuy76 said:

And you're looking at a 34 game snapshot out of those 162 games to start the season. Priceless.

1/5 of the season against the best teams in the AL carries a bit more weight than a 3 game series

Just now, shakestreet said:

If you were following along you would see that I was replying to his "but the Sox only played bad teams to jump out to 17-2" argument. 

Sox have the lowest K% and 3rd highest ISO as a team.  They don't have the K problem the Yanks do.

5 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I don't want to get into a Cubs v Yankees comparison in this thread - but that is very off base & not accurate.

Yankees have scored 50 more runs, have a higher BA, OBP, SLG, ERA, QS & SVs than the Cubbies 

3 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Are you really looking at a team taking 2 out of 3 as a reason to declare that team better? lol

No, you dolt.

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yankees have scored 50 more runs, have a higher BA, OBP, SLG, ERA, QS & SVs than the Cubbies 

GREAT!!  THIRTY FOUR GAMES INTO THE SEASON!!!  Cubs are ice cold, Yankees are red hot.

The Cubs have a better bullpen than the Yankees

And I think by the end of the season, they'll have an infinitely better starting rotation

I also think the Cubs lineup is as good as the Yankees - time will tell on that one

If you were following along you would see that I was replying to his "but the Sox only played bad teams to jump out to 17-2" argument. 

Sox have the lowest K% and 3rd highest ISO as a team.  They don't have the K problem the Yanks do.

So the dude writes the Sox beat up on the lower crap teams ... we all know that is a true statement.

You fell right into the trap because we all know (we should) a baseball season is 162 games .... 

Stay real 

2 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

GREAT!!  THIRTY FOUR GAMES INTO THE SEASON!!!  Cubs are ice cold, Yankees are red hot.

And I think by the end of the season, they'll have an infinitely better starting rotation

I also think the Cubs lineup is as good as the Yankees - time will tell on that one

I give facts 

your about opinions 

Just now, shakestreet said:

So the dude writes the Sox beat up on the lower crap teams ... we all know that is a true statement.

You fell right into the trap because we all know (we should) a baseball season is 162 games .... 

Stay real 

Good teams are supposed to beat up on crap teams.  

This team is icredible!! Let’s goo!! Sox on deck next to get the broom!! 

5 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

???? needed a good laugh this morning 

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

Good teams are supposed to beat up on crap teams.  

I agree ... 

every team wins & loses 60 games in a baseball season... the other 42 are the key 

my Dad can beat up ur Dad

no he can't

yes he can 

no he can't 

yes he can

no he can't

yes he can 

no he can't 

yes he can

no he can't

yes he can 

no he can't 

yes he can

Without making any generalized statements about the entire year, I have been consistently impressed by this team during this 15-2 run.  They have played pretty much the best teams in the AL (Blue Jays, Twins, Astros, Cleveland, Indians), shown an ability to come from behind when necessary, decent SP, solid bullpen, and great clutch hitting. This has been a great run.

39 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I wonder why

3 game sample size? You must be new to the sport.

Should be a fun series this week!

10 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Coming from a Jays fan that if anything will show bias against the Yanks and Red Sox - The Yanks bullpen is the best in baseball. Chapman, Robertson, Betances, Green just for starters. Add in Shreve as a nice lefty capable of getting the LHB out or pitching an inning himself. I'm not even interested in getting into the numbers such as Betances' early struggles because we are what? 20% into the season? The cubs losing Rondon and Davis and replacing with Morrow and Cishek were at best lateral moves. Outside of CJ Edwards they have nobody that is a total shut down RP. The yankees have Sheffield and Adams that can be added to that pen down the line and at full strength German's lethal arm might be used as a long man or for just 1 inning purposes. 

Cubs do have the better rotation on paper. Severino might be the best SP between the 2 teams however with Darvish, Lester, Quintana, Hendricks and Chatwood it's as strong of a 1-5 as there is in baseball when everything is clicking. Without judging based on 6 starts each this season that is the superior rotation between the two teams.

Lineups are close. Judge/Stanton/Sanchez/Didi vs. Bryant/Rizzo/Schwarber/Baez as headliners. It's hard to pick against that yankee lineup, especially when you get down to talking about guys like Gleyber Torres (looks every bit the part of an elite MI in the making) and guys like Hicks/Andujar vs. guys like Heyward (worst contract in baseball?), Russell (thought he would hit better than this) and Almora (Kevin Pillar with less of a bat?).

If you want to pick a team that trumps the yankees I might start with the best team in baseball, the Astros. That rotation is unreal, the pen is stacked and the lineup has the ability to be scary 1 through 9, all while giving you + DEF. Not to add to the Red Sox and yankees debate but the sox might have them in all 3 cats as well. The lineup is comparable, the bullpen has a number of big arms (guys like Barnes, Smith, Kelly all have really good stuff) and the rotation led by Sale at least has to be in the mix. Porcello, POmeranz, Rodriquez have all shown they can be above average starters and Price seems to come and go but if he is effective in the right times it's a plus at this point. 

33 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

The Yankees have a far better bullpen than the Cubs. Nearly every objective observer would tell you as much.

The rotation is debatable, I'll even give a slight edge to the Cubs just for argument's sake... but the Cubs don't have a Severino.

And the Yankees lineup is far better. Again, pretty much every single neutral observer would tell you as much.

I know being a fan can really obscure reality sometimes, but that's a bit much, dude. 

24 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

???? needed a good laugh this morning 

Pretty sure he was all over the Yankees team thread last season as well. Pretty clear he has some sort of weird obsession with the Yankees for one reason or another. Never offers anything of substance, either.