Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueJaysIn2030

New York Yankees 2018 Outlook

45 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I LOVE it when people post garbage like this.  The guy has had a bad week - he had an unreal (note:  he was dominant last year... like... a full season) 2017 & was one of the best relievers last year.  Give it a break.

Homers gonna homer

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I LOVE it when people post garbage like this.  The guy has had a bad week - he had an unreal (note:  he was dominant last year... like... a full season) 2017 & was one of the best relievers last year.  Give it a break.

Lol just poking fun dude calm doWn. 

52 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol just poking fun dude calm doWn. 

? He’s still salty about Gleyber I see! 

2 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

? He’s still salty about Gleyber I see! 

LOL - I don't know a single Cub fan that is "salty" about Gleyber, at all.  For about the 100th time, the Cubs wanted to get an elite reliever - they don't get Chapman w/o Gleyber and the Cubs don't win a WS w/o Chapman.

You Yankee fans want to believe that Cashman pulled a fast one on Epstein and that's.. well... laughable.

14 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

LOL - I don't know a single Cub fan that is "salty" about Gleyber, at all.  For about the 100th time, the Cubs wanted to get an elite reliever - they don't get Chapman w/o Gleyber and the Cubs don't win a WS w/o Chapman.

You Yankee fans want to believe that Cashman pulled a fast one on Epstein and that's.. well... laughable.

I know of one ?

The Chapman for Torres trade was the definition of a mutually beneficial trade.  It helped the Cubs to win the WS and Yanks got a MI for the future. 

yankee bros

the schedule is pretty brutal after this 3 game set @ Texas.  they have a day off this thursday but then they dont have a day off from may 25th to june 28th (including a double header). its like 34 games in 33 days or something

is this troubling to anyone else?

its why i think baseball needs to cut the season back to 154....makes up for those april rain delays.

43 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

yankee bros

the schedule is pretty brutal after this 3 game set @ Texas.  they have a day off this thursday but then they dont have a day off from may 25th to june 28th (including a double header). its like 34 games in 33 days or something

its why i think baseball needs to cut the season back to 154....makes up for those april rain delays.

I hate off days so not a problem for me lol.  Yankees should be fine.

Hamels might be auditioning for the Yanks tonight.  He could be their most realistic SP trade target.

20 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

yankee bros

Very troubling ... you have to assume there will be a rainout or two/three during that stretch 

baseball needs to shorten the season .... that is something I am strongly for. I really think 154 games is too many especially the amount of post-season games two teams could play just to get the series. 

142 games 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2018/04/16/major-league-baseball-would-better-and-less-vulnerable-weather-142-game-season/521554002/

The first misstep by the Yankees this year, imo

Just a minor one, to be sure, but Torreyes is a terrific utility player--which is hard to truly find.

He seems like a good clubhouse guy too. How about demoting Tyler Austin? A lefty-mashing, high-strikeout corner. That the Yankees don't really need right now.

Yankees optioned INF Ronald Torreyes to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
The 25-year-old has been extremely productive for the Yankees this season, slashing .339/.349/.435 with six RBI in 63 plate appearances. Unfortunately for him, the reason he was sent out is because he has minor league options remaining. The Yankees also seem to like their current 8-man bullpen and didn't want to risk losing A.J. Cole to waivers. May 26 - 12:22 PM

16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The first misstep by the Yankees this year, imo

Just a minor one, to be sure, but Torreyes is a terrific utility player--which is hard to truly find.

He seems like a good clubhouse guy too. How about demoting Tyler Austin? A lefty-mashing, high-strikeout corner. That the Yankees don't really need right now.

Yankees optioned INF Ronald Torreyes to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
The 25-year-old has been extremely productive for the Yankees this season, slashing .339/.349/.435 with six RBI in 63 plate appearances. Unfortunately for him, the reason he was sent out is because he has minor league options remaining. The Yankees also seem to like their current 8-man bullpen and didn't want to risk losing A.J. Cole to waivers. May 26 - 12:22 PM

I agree ... if I was in charge of the Yankees Tyler Austin would be the drop

Somebody wanna translate this for me?

Brian Cashman on Jacoby Ellsbury, who is currently working through a back injury in Tampa: "Everything that he's got has been diagnosed legitimately by a doctor. It's frustrating, without question, but it's also, upon diagnosis, there's a future expectation of a return to play. ... In every case (after the separate injuries Ellsbury has had since February), it's with the expectation that at some point, he'll push himself back into the mix."

Coley Harvey, ESPN Staff Writer3h ago

9 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Somebody wanna translate this for me?

Brian Cashman on Jacoby Ellsbury, who is currently working through a back injury in Tampa: "Everything that he's got has been diagnosed legitimately by a doctor. It's frustrating, without question, but it's also, upon diagnosis, there's a future expectation of a return to play. ... In every case (after the separate injuries Ellsbury has had since February), it's with the expectation that at some point, he'll push himself back into the mix."

Coley Harvey, ESPN Staff Writer3h ago

Translation:  Stay away.  We don't miss you a bit.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:46 PM, jfazz23 said:

yankee bros

Zero chance MLB is giving up 8 games of revenue. 

7 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Zero chance MLB is giving up 8 games of revenue. 

if players union gave up that % in salary i think they would

12 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

if players union gave up that % in salary i think they would

Which they won't. 

Another walk off for Gleyber. This kid is something special. Jeter-esque. 

THANKS CUBBIES!!! Muhahahahahahahahahaha

3 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Going to be humbling in playoffs when they face Verlander, Cole, Morton and they picked up some bullpen help. 

U mad bro? SAD!

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Going to be humbling in playoffs when they face Verlander, Cole, Morton and they picked up some bullpen help. 

Yanks will get almost assuredly some help at the deadline too. It'll be interesting to see these two teams if/when they meet in playoffs again. 

5 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Not mad I have no skin in game. 

houston is still AL favorite 

Fake news. Not with that BP. Unless their SP goes 9 innings every game.