Boy George

adding players when out of playoffs!?

Is it fair for other people in the league that did not make playoffs to add players off waivers in a normal, non-dynasty league?? I feel like if u don't make playoffs you should get locked out from being able to pick up free agents, so the teams that did make it can only add players. Anybody know any info on this? (ESPN league btw)

Of course it's fair. Especially if there is a big penalty for finishing last in your league. 

If u r in keeper or dynasty then there shouldn't be a problem i believe although I've never play in those type of leagues but if u play in the regular league i think it's essential to not drop or add players when u r out. Reason being is that it'll signifcantly lower the chance of possible collusion when between 2 ppl if 1 is in the playoff n the other isn't then the one isn't in the playoff picking up a viable player that's going up against his friend then it help his friend by lowering the chances of his opponent of winning

19 minutes ago, FuzyLucker said:

If u r in keeper or dynasty then there shouldn't be a problem i believe although I've never play in those type of leagues but if u play in the regular league i think it's essential to not drop or add players when u r out. Reason being is that it'll signifcantly lower the chance of possible collusion when between 2 ppl if 1 is in the playoff n the other isn't then the one isn't in the playoff picking up a viable player that's going up against his friend then it help his friend by lowering the chances of his opponent of winning

Ok but when do you stop limiting what teams can do? As they become mathematically eliminated or after week 13? The former makes the most sense by your logic, but it screws up match ups going forward. The latter leaves the door for collusion open and in fact, might could it worse.

Edited by claptondecheeks

Non playoff teams should be locked imo, no consolation round. However in week 13 or earlier mathematically eliminated teams can and should still add players to play spoiler.

If there is a consolation bracket, they should be allowed. They're still playing games and they still should want to win those games, why not let them?

41 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Why?

once your season is over.. you're done... that's the way we do it in my big $$$ league.. It just feels right 

We determine last place at the end of week 13 (for pizza and beer at next year’s draft).  All non-playoff teams are locked.  They aren’t playing for anything.  

I agree that if you aren’t in the playoffs, you shouldn’t be making moves and taking players away from people trying to win. If their is no money for the consolation bracket, who cares if you win or lose a meaningless game.

Since draft picks are decided for the bottom 6 teams in our league  by regular season record, (points scored tie breaker) that didn't make it, it's an unspoken rule that non tournament teams stay off the wire. 

You can do whatever you want, but GM's have long memories in this league, so tread at your own risk. 

This is a much hotter topic than I expected LOL.  Seems like you guys are 50/50 on it. All I know is if tomorrow I wake up and one of my waiver pickups got jacked by a non-playoff team, I'm gonna be super salty

Its an etiquette issue. Non playoff teams with no consolation prizes up for grabs or penalties for finishing dead last shouldn't be add/dropping.

Edited by Gryfter

If your league has not prohibited it, it should be allowed - period.  No question it is allowed in keepers.

1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

Its an etiquette issue. Non playoff teams with no consolation prizes up for grabs or penalties for finishing dead last shouldn't be add/dropping.

So a team out of it by Week 8-9 or so should just stop even trying?  Where do you draw the line?

If the consolation bracket has any meaning(money or draft position) then sure its ok.  If not all non playoff teams should be locked after the regular season.

We used to allow it until an eliminated GM w/ a high waiver priority screwed it up for everyone else by c***blocking a playoff team's waiver bid and snatching a player off the wire for a buddy who didn't want his 1st round opponent to have him.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

So a team out of it by Week 8-9 or so should just stop even trying?  Where do you draw the line?

Guess I should've been more specific...once playoffs start, happy?

I hate teams who give up during the season, giving away free wins. Of course the same said team can go on and become spoilers. Its amazing how often teams who's been abandoned can have monster weeks because, fantasy. A lot of times, the logical start/sits dont work out.