Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yanks#1

Clayton Kershaw 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Surprise!

 

Quote

Clayton Kershaw (back) will return to the Dodgers' rotation Saturday against the Mets.

 

Kershaw had been scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Saturday for Triple-A Oklahoma City, but that team is playing a weekend series in Omaha, where there is heavy rain in the forecast. The ace left-hander will instead jump right back into major league action, with a pretty favorable matchup versus the free-falling Mets. Kershaw has been limited to 49 innings this season due to back and biceps issues. When healthy, he has delivered a 2.76 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and 53/11 K/BB ratio.

 

Source: Andy McCullough on Twitter               Jun 22 - 5:26 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have a chance to see him pitch today - looks like it went pretty rough. Somewhat surprised no observations yet - anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

I didn't have a chance to see him pitch today - looks like it went pretty rough. Somewhat surprised no observations yet - anyone?

Fastball 88-91, curve okay (hung a few but otherwise ok).

 

just not the same pitcher right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

??

 

Watched the start. Slider/cutter was 88-89. Fastball was 91-92 consistently with a max of 93.3 according to the pitchfx tool from brooks baseball. 

 

Was very encouraged in his first start after a month off with a back injury and no rehab start. Just needs to build that pitch count and stay healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah idk why people are discouraged he was at a 40 pitch count limit approximately and velo was mostly normal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Avg FB velocity last night: 91.1 (max 93.3)

 

Avg FB velocity in his May 31 start (before he hit the DL): 88.9 (max 90.6)

 

That's actually pretty encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game last night and he wasn't very good. He looked great in the 1st but then looked really bad in the 2nd and 3rd. Something is off about him. It's been like this even when he was supposedly healthy earlier in the season too. 

 

Why are you guys looking at his velocity and comparing it from earlier this season? His velocity is down significantly from just last season. I would be more concerned about that than anything else. I'm guessing the comparisons are being made to see if he's still injured? If you can't trust him to tell the truth about injuries then you should probably trade him ASAP. He's currently off the DL and his value should be decent right now. I mean, that's what I would do if I owned him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I watched the game last night and he wasn't very good. He looked great in the 1st but then looked really bad in the 2nd and 3rd. Something is off about him. It's been like this even when he was supposedly healthy earlier in the season too. 

 

Why are you guys looking at his velocity and comparing it from earlier this season? His velocity is down significantly from just last season. I would be more concerned about that than anything else. I'm guessing the comparisons are being made to see if he's still injured? If you can't trust him to tell the truth about injuries then you should probably trade him ASAP. He's currently off the DL and his value should be decent right now. I mean, that's what I would do if I owned him. 

 

Any uptick or downtick in velocity in-season is worth looking into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, absknicks said:

 

Any uptick or downtick in velocity in-season is worth looking into. 

 

In this case it's almost meaningless. He didn't look good and his velocity is down from last year. Now that he's off the DL his owners should be desperately trying to move him. He can still bring back something decent and help salvage the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read they want him to go 5 innings tonight.  I just hope it's possible against a good Cubbies lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beakman said:

I read they want him to go 5 innings tonight.  I just hope it's possible against a good Cubbies lineup.

 

He might go 5 but the rest of his line won't look pretty at all. Expect lots of hits and a couple of home runs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sitting him today, i will wait for his next start if he makes it through this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, remember when we used to get excited for a potential no hitter, shut out, and/or 15 K games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line was excellent but I didn’t get a chance to watch (darn job), would like to hear from someone smart who watched him today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Line was excellent but I didn’t get a chance to watch (darn job), would like to hear from someone smart who watched him today. 

 

He was hitting his spots with fastball and breaking ball. Pitches looked good. For whatever reason the Dodgers broadcast is dumb and doesn’t show pitch speed but the times I switched over to Chicago he was sitting around 92. Still down from last year but encouraging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take tonight's line from here on out just to have him healthy and in my lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

avg FB velocity in this start: 92.3 (max 93.5)

 

slightly up from the last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.