Sign in to follow this  
The Good Doctor

Comes down to tonight! Burkhead or Drake?

I'm down 15 going into tonight.  I have Patriots D going and need to decide on FLEX.  Who's my best bet to score?

.5PPR - TDs = 8pts

Burkhead

or

Drake

Drakezilla and it's not even close! NEP is gonna throw way more. Miami is heading into the pit of misery dilly dilly.......

Burkhead. For sure. Even if the game is close or NE trails, Burkhead is also involved in the passing game. The only reason we don't pick NE RB's early on in drafts is because we don't know which one will be featured. Well, 15 weeks into the season, it's Burkhead (and Lewis) who in retrospect could have justifiably been drafted as early as Round 3

I have the exact situation with Patriots defense and either Lewis/Drake at flex.  I have a feeling that Miami will be playing from behind so I think I'm going Lewis.  I have to add that White should be used a little more heavily in this game though.  With Gronk out they will use him as a safety net and if he gets going we might not see much of Burkhead, unless he vultures the TDs like he has lately.

I have the exact same problem: Drake's volume seems to be bigger/more consistent. Vulturing TDs like Rex did lately is nice but also very volatile. Right now I'm leaning Drake.

Drake for me I have him going in a playoff matchup. They will feed him up ball in the run game and pass game. He will get 20+ touches.

Edited by bmoney0111

Tough one.  I would go with Burkhead since he has more of a chance at TDs.  I don't see Miami having much luck moving the ball tonight vs NE.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm thinking I get anywhere from 4-8 pts from the Pats D.  (more would be nice)

So basically looking for 10 pts in a 1/2PPR.  Goin back in forth on it.  Drake prob gets more touches, Burkhead better chance at TD imo...

Is probably go drake. He's the safer choice since you also have the pats D. Drake won't have much competition when they run. More mouths to feed in NE's backfield. 

If you didn't also have the pats D, I'dvsay Burkhead. He has higher ceiling, but also a low floor

Drake

you know bilichick won’t use burkhead as much as he did vs them a couple weeks ago. Not his style. It’s a different rb tonight as he knows Miami will scheme against him. 

Will B.B. try and take out drake tonight? Maybe because he is good but gase isn’t smart enough to gameplan. Drake is also good for probably 15 carries and 3-4 catches. 

Went with Drake.  Would've won either way, but still glad I made the right choice.  Pats D had me worried all night letting Cutler shred them.

Thx for all the help guys

Edited by The Good Doctor