chrismikayla

Robbie Gould 2017 Season Outlook

Robbie has put up two very good weeks consecutively and has had great opportunity since Jimmy G took over. He also has a good playoff schedule and will be a great option as a FF playoff kicker.

He really shined this week for me. Too bad I went against Hunt and Gronk and I had Graham and Tate who put up duds.  Starting him again next week in my third place consolation game.

This guy plus gurley is the reason im going to the finals in my main league. So happy I picked him up a few days ago (been riding succop and his nice game today wouldnt have been enough) 

Yes, but who will we be dropping him for now? 49ers will be lucky to get 6pts vs the Jaguar defense

Edited by Woonga24

1 minute ago, Woonga24 said:

Yes, but who will we be dropping him for now? 49ers will be lucky to get 6pts on that defense

I agree think I am going back to Succop but still hard not to go with Gould when he legit is a big reason I made it to the finals 

Not sure I am going to doubt him next week, just like I didn’t doubt Hopkins this week against the Jags. Ok maybe I doubted him a little but I still played him.

Not sure I believe it, but this was just posted by one legit Bay Area news source:

"In the past three weeks, Gould has made 15 field goals – something no kicker has done in NFL history over a three-game stretch."

Just imagine how many of those FGs would have been scores if JG and Shanahan had some legit RZ weapons to work with.  If they get them this off season, watch out.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

I knocked him out this week, thanks to Gronk and his 70 yards and a 2 point conversion in the last two minutes. Screw this guy, good riddance. 

The 49ers just faced the Bears, Texans, and Titans and they had success but I wouldn't expect this offense to move the ball so easily on the Jags.  For me it becomes a matter of 'will they get in range to kick FGs?' VS what was for these last few games 'will Jimmy G manage to convert drives into TDs?'.  I'd rather role with a team that I'm worried about being overly efficient then one potentially struggling to get into range.  I picked him up planning to sit him against the Jags and I'm gonna stick with that and role out Jake Elliott.

1 minute ago, Most Guruist said:

The 49ers just faced the Bears, Texans, and Titans and they had success but I wouldn't expect this offense to move the ball so easily on the Jags.  For me it becomes a matter of 'will they get in range to kick FGs?' VS what was for these last few games 'will Jimmy G manage to convert drives into TDs?'.  I'd rather role with a team that I'm worried about being overly efficient then one potentially struggling to get into range.  I picked him up planning to sit him against the Jags and I'm gonna stick with that and role out Jake Elliott.

Why would you doubt Jimmy G at this point? The guy throws for 300 every game and is allergic to the end zone.

He's on fire and the 49ers are different with that new QB apparently (I didn't watch their games). Is the JAX D really that good we should bench him. I replaced my season long kicker Hauschka with Gould for the semis and it made my day much less stressful. I can't see benching him, unless somebody think the JAX D is really that great.

2 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

He's on fire and the 49ers are different with that new QB apparently (I didn't watch their games). Is the JAX D really that good we should bench him. I replaced my season long kicker Hauschka with Gould for the semis and it made my day much less stressful. I can't see benching him, unless somebody think the JAX D is really that great.

They are really that good, I think Robbie would get at least double digits though. The ball fires off his foot like a rocket. 

23 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Why would you doubt Jimmy G at this point? The guy throws for 300 every game and is allergic to the end zone.

Just his inexperience and how tough a defense the Jags are.  And the Jags can take better advantage of how poor SF's D is too with Fournette.  It could be a dominating shutout imo, but at the same time Gould and even Jimmy G could have a good game.

40 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

Just his inexperience and how tough a defense the Jags are.  And the Jags can take better advantage of how poor SF's D is too with Fournette.  It could be a dominating shutout imo, but at the same time Gould and even Jimmy G could have a good game.

SF's front seven is not the problem.  The CBs, especially Dontae Johnson, are the problem.  If JAX does well offensively, it will be through the air.  

It is obvious (to me at least) that JG already is as good as most "experienced" QBs in the league.  He threw to 9 different receivers today.  In his 3 starts, he's thrown for a ton of yards (but just hasn't scored enough to highlight the quality of his performances).  With Shanahan's help, he can spread the ball around against anyone.

Whether JG can come up with a reliable performance vs JAX (I doubt his ceiling can be very high) will depend on how his suspect O-line holds up.  JGs uber-quick release makes him almost immune to a game-long pressure meltdown, but no one brings heat better than JAX.  JG will need at least modest help to get it done.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

On 12/18/2017 at 2:10 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

SF's front seven is not the problem.  The CBs, especially Dontae Johnson, are the problem.  If JAX does well offensively, it will be through the air.  

It is obvious (to me at least) that JG already is as good as most "experienced" QBs in the league.  He threw to 9 different receivers today.  In his 3 starts, he's thrown for a ton of yards (but just hasn't scored enough to highlight the quality of his performances).  With Shanahan's help, he can spread the ball around against anyone.

Whether JG can come up with a reliable performance vs JAX (I doubt his ceiling can be very high) will depend on how his suspect O-line holds up.  JGs uber-quick release makes him almost immune to a game-long pressure meltdown, but no one brings heat better than JAX.  JG will need at least modest help to get it done.

This is the biggest question in my mind too. Jimmy is phenomenal, but his O-line is very weak and has put him under pressure already against middling defenses. Even then, he has made some incredible throws, but what happens when that is ratcheted up a notch? More pressure, brought faster, with a better secondary ready to capitalize on even a minor mistake? The crazy thing is I could easily see Jimmy getting Gould into field goal range multiple times this game, it's just very difficult to pin all the championship hopes on that, especially when I have Gregatron in my back pocket in a great matchup.

I dropped him and picked up Josh Lambo. I think Game Flow and field position will matter greatly for Jax opportunities and field goals. Plus JAX is on the road. Only makes sense considering how well their offense is humming.

Thank you Gould, but can't risk 6-7 points from you.