Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

This is a comparison of 2017 to 2018 of the spin rate and start speed of Luis Castillo:

As you can see, it's a major drop of both for Castillo! The thought process is that Castillo may be injured right now?

16 minutes ago, garlando said:

This is a comparison of 2017 to 2018 of the spin rate and start speed of Luis Castillo:

As you can see, it's a major drop of both for Castillo! The thought process is that Castillo may be injured right now?

He's young, and supremely talented. He was sitting at 92-93 a couple starts ago. Last start he was 94-95. I'm starting him so I don't miss out on his first gem.

Just hold him. This is a guy that one day might be a top 5 SP. Just hold him and hope its this year. Somebody posted a message about he was basically bottom 10 in every luck statistic out there. Buy him if you don't have him.

Today is DDay for me with Castillo. If he bombs against Milwaukee, then he is dead to me and going on the WW. I can't take this anymore playing in a league with a short bench and 1 DL slot.

I'm going full Costanza with him tonight. Everything says he should be on my bench....

Which means fire him up...

5 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I'm going full Costanza with him tonight. Everything says he should be on my bench....

It was like that last week and look what happened

23 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

MIL is not very good vs RHP on the road this year. 

17 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It was like that last week and look what happened

MIL is 22nd in wOBA vs RPH on the road, 20th in Hard Hit %, and 13th highest in K%

Yeah he's on the hot seat for sure. He's been stinking up a valuable roster spot. Lets see if he got his mechanics right. 

Is everyone firing him up? My ratios are suffering. Not trying to die tonight.

MIL is a strikeout heavy team that likes fastballs.

Castillo happens to have an exceptional changeup.

Start him.

You shouldn't bench SP o-ranked top 150 against anyone, unless you plan on spot-starting later.

6 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

MIL is 22nd in wOBA vs RPH on the road, 20th in Hard Hit %, and 13th highest in K%

I meant last start. Last start he was an easy sit and still got blown up despite people thinking by going against the grain and starting him, he'd have a good outing.

Right now he's a wait and see on your bench until he can string a couple good starts together.

Don't forget last time he faced the Brewers was when he was untouchable for 6 innings and then they brought him out for the 7th and all hell broke loose and he got pulled after loading the bases. Then the reliever of course let them all score – ending Castillo's line with 4 ER.

He was tossing an absolute GEM for that entire game minus when they brought him out for the 7th.

2 hours ago, CFN said:

Don't forget last time he faced the Brewers was when he was untouchable for 6 innings and then they brought him out for the 7th and all hell broke loose and he got pulled after loading the bases. Then the reliever of course let them all score – ending Castillo's line with 4 ER.

He was tossing an absolute GEM for that entire game minus when they brought him out for the 7th.

Milwaukee is hitting him hard tonight (5/2) through 1st 2 innings.  Everything has been hit hard though mostly right at someone.  He's 96 - 97 and throwing his change up a bit more.  His pitches are still moving more horizontal than vertical. \

OMG Peraza just made the crappiest throw for an E6.   Damn, Castillo needs all the help he can get from his D.  Aguilar is teeing off on his fastball. Twice he's been way out in front of a 96-97 FB. He's not fooled at all by the FB... 

Ha, K'd Aguilar with a nice changeup. 

My first night rostering this guy this year.

It's been quite the frustrating start. 

13 minutes ago, 9703 said:

My first night rostering this guy this year.

It's been quite the frustrating start. 

A few hits have been complete jokers.  Still his fastball getting too much middle of plate.  5 of 6 Ks swinging on his changeup.  His changeup is filthy today.  This doesn’t look like a guy who’s far off from going on a nice run.  

Yelich leads off the 5th with a HR on his changeup. 

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

Yep. He's broken.

Based on what?

2 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Yep. He's broken.

I don't know if he's broken. He does have 7 K's in 5 innings. 

2 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Yep. He's broken.

He’s pitched pretty well tonight, it’s a long season. 

Just now, 9703 said:

I don't know if he's broken. He does have 7 K's in 5 innings. 

He has 20!!!! Swing and misses in 5 innings.  That isn’t what I call broken.