Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, 9703 said:

 

I don't know if he's broken. He does have 7 K's in 5 innings. 

 

Let's also remind people he's just a rookie... He's gonna have struggles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably doesn't help him that his team is absolutely terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Based on what?

Reverse jinx/sarcasm. See my Costanza post earlier in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got through 6 and a QS, hope he can build on this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book closed.  6 IP, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K’s, 20 swing and misses.  Sell someone on the 9 hits allowed and try to buy low.  A few were the biggest joke giggles end of bat swinging bunts.  Still has work to do on fastball location, but that changeup is a swing and miss machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

He’s pitched pretty well tonight, it’s a long season. 

Dude has given up 9 hits through 6 innings. That is not "pretty well".  Just goes to show how much our standards have lowered with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Book closed.  6 IP, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K’s, 20 swing and misses.  Sell someone on the 9 hits allowed and try to buy low.  A few were the biggest joke giggles end of bat swinging bunts.  Still has work to do on fastball location, but that changeup is a swing and miss machine.

 

Book not closed yet, he's back out for the 7th...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yankees77 said:

Dude has given up 9 hits through 6 innings. That is not "pretty well".  Just goes to show how much our standards have lowered with him. 

20 swing and misses.  

 

1 Base Balls (edit, f*** off Reds)

 

7 strikeouts.

 

Quality Start.  

 

Hits can be a product of bad luck.  Did you actually watch the start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

20 swing and misses.  

 

0 Base Balls.

 

7 strikeouts.

 

Quality Start.  

 

Hits can be a product of bad luck.  Did you actually watch the start?

 

I did and he let up quite a bit of hard contact to be fair. Even a lot of the outs in play were hit well. But the heater was a couple ticks higher, changeup was outstanding and made one mistake with it that got knocked out by Yelich.

 

Dont understand leaving him in for the 7th...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did on Brewers broadcast, his velocity looked great. There were some loud outs but all in all very encouraging, he’s sitting on my wire, think I might be drawn back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who doesn’t think this is progress should find a new hobby. 

 

Still need one or two more QS before he starts imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All time high number of cold weather games under 40 degrees played this April and it wasn't close. Sleeper and Bust podcast earlier this week made mention of the cold weather and how he has said before he doesn't enjoy pitching in it (who does?). Last year call up was in June so was always warm when he was pitching. Wouldn't be surprised if that is a factor here and we see good Castillo going forward in 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Anyone who doesn’t think this is progress should find a new hobby. 

 

Still need one or two more QS before he starts imo. 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

All time high number of cold weather games under 40 degrees played this April and it wasn't close. Sleeper and Bust podcast earlier this week made mention of the cold weather and how he has said before he doesn't enjoy pitching in it (who does?). Last year call up was in June so was always warm when he was pitching. Wouldn't be surprised if that is a factor here and we see good Castillo going forward in 2018. 

this was about as good of a matchup tonight that a struggling pitcher like castillo could of asked for. plus no cain and no shaw, but yes good results. lots of pitches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

 

Let's also remind people he's just a rookie... He's gonna have struggles 

 

No, he's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

No, he's not.

 

Semantics, he only pitched 89 innings last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a good game... good progress. 20 whiffs is a lot. 68.4% ground balls for the game is great. .444 BABIP is unsustainable unluckiness. 3.50 FIP and 2.12 xFIP for the game is very good. Only 1 walk, good. 7 K's in 6 IP, very good. Pick up if available on your wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castillo! It's Mick, I trained Rocky! I need you out there kid! Degrom is injured and I need a fighter out on the mound now! Don't be a bum out there! Now get up you sun-ofa-b**ch, cause mickey loves YA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lassetjus said:

He had a good game... good progress. 20 whiffs is a lot. 68.4% ground balls for the game is great. .444 BABIP is unsustainable unluckiness. 3.50 FIP and 2.12 xFIP for the game is very good. Only 1 walk, good. 7 K's in 6 IP, very good. Pick up if available on your wire.

 

I benched him, and am not relying on him to carry my team, but see the whiffs and velocity as very encouraging. Lots of whiffs. Laborious start, still problems to work through. But he's not injured and has the K upside people want out of him. So that's a positive to me. If he's your SP1 I guess I'd be less stoked. But even then those are positive outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.