Sign in to follow this  
bball961

Richaun Holmes 17-18 Season outlook

“Amir was OK, but I thought we needed a little bit of a jolt,” Brown said. “Richaun is sort of a lightning bolt off a bench with his energy and his speed.”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

With richaun back, any chance we see embiid maxing our at 25 minutes allowing Holmes to get some extra burn?

Wouldn't they have done that with Amir backing him up? 

3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

With richaun back, any chance we see embiid maxing our at 25 minutes allowing Holmes to get some extra burn?

I like Holmes, but not a chance. Embiid is special and it's looking like he's ready to handle more minutes this year.

54 minutes ago, DrGonzo said:

Wouldn't they have done that with Amir backing him up? 

I was just thinking out loud... Holmes obviously has more energy and is a much better player than Amir so was thinking 76ers could back off embiids minutes slightly if they are in it to be competitive this season. 

Was wishful thinking more than anything 

Gotta love it when your own coach is saying you are a lightning bolt to the team when its your first game back of the season...

Maybe a new nickname for Holmes?  Rich 'Lightning Bolt' Holmes.

Looks like Embiid will rest on Tuesday according to the RW front page.

Could it be some Lightning Bolt time???

Why would he be limited?  It was broken wrist, not broken leg. His conditioning should be fine

I may roll Lightning out there tomorrow.....I am in need of boards and blocks on the team that has him, so I might as well see what he can do with Embiid out.  I really have to think he will get more minutes than Amir....it may be close, but he can do a lot in 25ish minutes.  

Why in the world are they resting Embiid against Utah when they play against s---y Kings on thursday, they can easily get the W against the Kings with Holmes n Amir

5 minutes ago, L3onD said:

Why in the world are they resting Embiid against Utah when they play against s---y Kings on thursday, they can easily get the W against the Kings with Holmes n Amir

Ooooh.  Is something brewing?  Rotoworld says he was limited in practice as well, but I doubt it means anything.

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

Ooooh.  Is something brewing?  Rotoworld says he was limited in practice as well, but I doubt it means anything.

they are probably just monitoring his workload but they shouldve just rested him against Kings, a much easier game than Utah, Gobert is going to feast

Probably just trying to give him an extended layoff after a career high 30 minutes Friday.

Have to believe Holmes get's the start here and plays 25-30 minutes. Amir didn't see the floor second half when after he came on, and he was great in the 10 minutes he got.

Long term Holmes will be the backup center, and if he has any chemistry playing alongside Jojo at the 4 his arrow is pointing up.

59 minutes ago, JuicyJ said:

Worth a stream for tomorrow? 

Yep, if you're in a 10+ team league. He's a near lock for a double-double when he sees 20+ mpg. He should be able to see those minutes sans Embiid tomorrow, but there's a slight risk they still want to ease him in. Stupider things have happened.

I own Holmes in almost every league.  Needless to say that I've been following Embiid  news religiously :)

Richaun Holmes will start at center in place of Joel Embiid (rest) on Tuesday vs. Utah.

Holmes just recently returned from a wrist injury. He made his season debut last Friday, finishing with six points, five rebounds and one assist in 10 minutes. It is unknown how many minutes Holmes will be permitted to play Tuesday, but he did average 14.0 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28.6 minutes in the 14 games he started last season. Amir Johnson will serve as Holmes' primary backup, and Jahlil Okafor may even crack the rotation on Tuesday.

Is his value solely based on Embiid being hurt, or can he put up decent stats being the back up with Amir there as well. My wire is thin on C's and need one bad.

I hope he goes off for something like 15/10 with some stocks tonight. I'm playing against the owner of Joel Embid this week...he won't like that. Lol

2 minutes ago, JuicyJ said:

Is his value solely based on Embiid being hurt, or can he put up decent stats being the back up with Amir there as well. My wire is thin on C's and need one bad.

Both for me. I'm hoping he can get around 20 mins even when Embid is in the lineup. Maybe wishful thinking though idk