Sign in to follow this  
SmokeRickySmoke

Help with my lineup! WHIR

As you know is playoffs week and I need to win! Haven't won a SB since 2011... :( 

.5 PPR, Need help starting 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 FLEX

WRs - AJ Green (vs @Min), Goodwin (vs Ten), Diggs (vs Cin), Kupp (vs @ Sea) 

RBs - Hyde (vs @Ten), Burkhead (vs @Pit), M. Davis (vs LA Rams) 

I know everyone is saying to start Green, but just a word of caution... I'm guessing Xavier "Rhodes Closed" will be assigned to him all day.  He's a beast shutdown corner, even against good receivers.

If what you said about the Bengals secondary being banged up is true, then I think Diggs might be a better option.  They're also coming off a loss against Carolina, so they may try to make this a statement game at home.

I know benching Green is a bold move, but I'm just throwing out some food for thought.

Also take into consideration that I have Thielen, and the worst luck ever in the playoffs... So all TD's are 100% likely to go to anyone but Thielen this week.

7 minutes ago, Jibbajabba72 said:

I know everyone is saying to start Green, but just a word of caution... I'm guessing Xavier "Rhodes Closed" will be assigned to him all day.  He's a beast shutdown corner, even against good receivers.

If what you said about the Bengals secondary being banged up is true, then I think Diggs might be a better option.  They're also coming off a loss against Carolina, so they may try to make this a statement game at home.

I know benching Green is a bold move, but I'm just throwing out some food for thought.

This is a good word of warning. 

RB: For sure play Hyde, he is the safest option among your RBs. Burkhead is a swing for the fences kind of a guy. He's either going to perform or he'll leave you smashing your head against the wall.

Flex and WR: I would pick two of your WRs. I'm wary of guys who have huge games the next week so I'd probably pass on Kupp. The Xavier Rhodes argument is solid. That leaves Goodwin who is on fire with Jimmy G and Diggs. Then you just hope you don't regret it. This is the same reasoning that resulted in benching Fornette in favor of Drake last week... that paid off. It might not this week.

Conclusion

WR: Diggs

RB: Hyde

Flex: Goodwin

And a deal with the devil.

I understand the temptation to sit Green because of his matchup with Xavier, but he's still a stud WR and I'm a big believer in sticking with your studs in the playoffs. Goodwin should be a solid play, but Green's ceiling is much higher, even he is slightly riskier.

Hyde and Burkhead are both very solid RB plays, so go with them.

TLDR: Green, Hyde, Burk

Thanks for the help w/ mine