Flynfiesta6

Steal Of Your Draft And The Result

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don't understand the moderating process when this thread is ok for the  Football Talk forum  but the following thread is moved to the Assistant coach forum? :blink:

My sister is 15-0 trying to go perfecto and get the chip in a 14 teamer

Team 1/PPR: Keenan Allen - WR#3 (4th), Kamara - RB#3 (13th)

[Finished the regular season in 1st. Lost in the semi-final - Howard, Allen, and Dede (started over A.J.) sank my battleship.]

Team 2/STD: Keenan Allen - WR#4 (3rd/4th), Ingram - RB#5 (5th/6th)

[Finished the regular season in 3rd. Lost in the semi-final - Allen and Collins failed me, but mostly lost due to my opponent starting Goodwin, Woods, and Rishard Matthews. Said opponent was 11th in points during the regular season, and now in the championship. This is why we play this nutty game, I suppose.]

14 team league:

Ertz - Round 8

Kamara - Round 10

Engram - Round 13

Currently in the championship after losing Odell, Allen Robinson and Pierre Garcon to the IR.

Fitz and Hunt, each 5th round in PPR 12 teamers.

Keenan 3rd round was nice too.

Unlike most seasons, none of my late round lotto's (3 leagues) hit (I draft all my QBs late as well, which worked out fine). Luck, Snead and T. West went nowhere.  I dropped Robbie Anderson too early.  Corey Coleman got injured.

However, good fortune in the health department, and WW boosts from L. Murray and Drake (just as I lost Zeke) have made for a great year so far.

A) Thought my big steal was Zeke for $40 (thought he'd end up playing the season out, went for half the cost of Bell or David Johnson)

A.2) Steals ended up being Marvin Jones for $1, Carson Wentz for $1, Evan Engram for $1, and Alvin Kamara for $1. Added McKinnon and Collins via FA. 

B: Currently in championship, heavy favorite even after losing Wentz (replaced with Bortles). 

18 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Did u draft before spencer ware went down?

Nope our draft was held the Sunday before the season started so Ware had been out for a while.

4 minutes ago, Nashville10ac said:

Nope our draft was held the Sunday before the season started so Ware had been out for a while.

Lol, yikes.  I don't know whats worse your leaguemates not knowing about a 3rd-4th round pick or the fact that you passed on him 11 times as well haha!

Gurley at pick # 25 was pretty darn good. And Cam at pick 89, although I wasn't so sure about that after the first 3 weeks.

After winning the league last year, hoping these guys can bring me a repeat!

I drafted Kamara in the last round. I made the playoffs but knocked out 2nd round. Obviously not his doing. He was Amazing all year. 

On 12/21/2017 at 1:08 PM, Flynfiesta6 said:

Lol, yikes.  I don't know whats worse your leaguemates not knowing about a 3rd-4th round pick or the fact that you passed on him 11 times as well haha!

I had him in my que the whole time and probably could have gotten him even later but when I saw Doug Martin get drafted I figured I'd better go ahead and snag him

In our league it was certainly Alvin Kamara for $1 in the auction.  That team manager won the scoring title but missed the playoffs by one game.  He also had Antonio Brown and Aaron Rodgers.  But he was also saddled with Abdullah, CJ Anderson, and some horrible luck.  He lost in week 6 or so on that KC defensive touchdown scored after time had expired on that failed lateral trick play.

i'm sure he's been mentioned a ton already, but Kamara for me ... snagged him in two leagues (12th and 13th rds),  but someone reached in the 10th in my third league (night before season started) :(

in two 'chips this weekend - rolling him out in one (w Zeke/McKinnon) :D 

facing him in another (opponent also has Bell/Zeke)  :blink:

HPPR 20-team auction. Taking the top 20 QB/RB/WR, the top 10 TEs and the top 3 D/STs:

QB - #3 Alex Smith $3, #12 Goff $1, #13 Bortles $2

RB - #5 Ingram $13, #15 Duke Johnson $7, #20 Tevin Coleman $8 (Kamara went undrafted!)

WR - #6 Thielen $3, #12 Marvin Jones Jr $7, #19 Devin Funchess $1

TE - #4 Evan Engram $1

D/ST - #1-3 Jags, Ravens, Rams all $1

The guy who drafted Ingram and Goff is in the Final. He also picked up the Rams after they were dropped early on. However, he picked up Kamara on waivers in week one and then dropped him. The guy who picked Kamara up is in the Final too!

We draft repetitively early (mid august) and I make sure to nominate players i think will bust early so people waste $ (Lynch, Ty Mont, Dez, Mccoy...oops) so i got some nice steals

Kamara $1

Duke Johnson $1

Hunt $9

Russell Wilson $3

Thielen $4

Alshon $16

Engram via FA

Im in the championship after winning the reg season

Gurley has led many teams to a Championship.  He didn't go in the first rounds of any drafts I'm aware of and has flat out dominated the league and very possible MVP!

In a 10 team 1 point PPR league had 9th pick in draft.

In Championship round going for title 3 in the past four years.

I Was able to get T. Gurley in the 4th round. Guess everybody was affraid of how bad he played last year and didn't want anything to do with him. But at 4th I felt I couldn't go wrong and after 10 seconds of debating him of T. Kelce I went with Gurley.

K. Allen in the 6th Round. Again guess people in the league didn't want to chance him going down after a few weeks for another season. But I needed a WR2 and there he was.

R. Wilson in the 7th Round. This was just luck of the draft. Once I made the pick the next wave of QB's started falling off the board.

On the negative side, 5th round I took J. Reed and we all know what he turned out to be.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:50 AM, Nashville10ac said:

I had him in my que the whole time and probably could have gotten him even later but when I saw Doug Martin get drafted I figured I'd better go ahead and snag him

lol that's crazy value! Hope that pick won you your league!

Drafted kamara with the last pick but dropped him on week two. Made it to the championship but going against the guy who picked him up. So far im up by 8 only

Drafted Ertz.. easily the best pick

Picked up Ingram from FA week 3, then AP gets traded.. solid 15+

Next would be Greg Z.. 15+ points from a kick is just not fair