Sign in to follow this  
Halberdier

Split the winnings

Has any one ever considered offering this in a big money league. I was thinking it might make the final less stressful, but also less fun if you win (though you would still be the Champion). Also would it be 'bad form' in fantasy? Might it raise suspicion of collusion?

I do this quite regularly in my higher buyin leagues especially when there is a larger gap between 1st and 2nd place. Obviously the less comfortable I am with my chances of winning the more likely I am to suggest a chop. I've done it several times myself and seen it done several times and never has anyone suggested it was bad form or collusion. As you said it takes a lot of the stress away from a game that can have a lot of variance beyond a good player's control.

Our $150 league we chop all the time. We also have a playoff draft after New Years for the Super Bowl/Playoffs. So after chopping we have a side bet loser pays the $50 entry for the winner. Good luck. 

Or chop and play for less, my $500 league is $3000 for 1st and $1500 so $2000 each and winner gets 500 so at least week 16 matters but I have seen people do straight splits.

Or chop and play for less, my $500 league is $3000 for 1st and $1500 so $2000 each and winner gets 500 so at least week 16 matters but I have seen people do straight splits.

Split the winnings and play for 5$ a point......if you win by 20 you get a 100$. If he wins by 40 he gets a 200$. If you win by 6 you get 30$.....and so on. Keeps it competitive until the very very last game even if it just a kicker. And now you have something to play for.

and splitting is probably expected or considered normal in most leagues.

Edited by mmacys1