Sign in to follow this  
Patsgofor6

WR poop show for finals. Help!!

1/2 PPR.  One of many sad former AB owner.   Going for 3rd championship in 4 years (2nd last year).  Strong everywhere but WR, which is a horror show.  Going to have to get lucky with at least 2 out of the 3 WRs they need to start.

Cobb home v. Minn
Tyrell Williams at Jets
Cole home at SF 
Hogan home v. Buff
Wright home v. Clev

Byrd home v. Tampa

Cobb would have been a good play with Adams out if Rodgers was playing.  Williams may get more looks with Henry out (Gates can’t play anymore) and I like his big play potential vs Jets.  Hogan would be fine if his shoulder wasn’t f-ed. Can I trust him even if he is active?  Cole has been great and no M. Lee but can I trust that he’ll come through  4 weeks in a row, with Hurns maybe back?   Wright’s QB stinks and they may go run heavy.  Byrd is boom or bust but I just have a feeling that he is due for a long TB against terrible Tampa secondary.

Leaning Williams, Cole and Hogan (if active and reports are good on Sunday morning).  Obviously have to decided about Cobb before Sunday. 

Thanks!

My thoughts..  (I'm also in a similar situation in the championship looking for a WR flex play):

Cobb home v. Minn... Gross matchup.  Too unpredictable as to what will happen in this game.. He may luck into a TD.  More than likely he'll end up with 2 points.  
Tyrell Williams at Jets... Simply cannot trust this dude.  This dude doesn't exist to me.  Lol.   
Cole home at SF ... My #1 choice.  Team & QB is playing well.  Young guy who has showed well.  Hurns simply will not be a big factor as he's still hobbled. 
Hogan home v. Buff  ...Again, SO unpredictable.  Big upside, but low, scary floor.  If you're picking 2 from this list, I would play Hogan, though, based on prior usage.  
Wright home v. Clev   ...Decent choice here, but QB sucks.  And this guy has showed to be pretty average.  Volume desperation play.  Probably my 3rd choice.. 

Byrd home v. Tampa  ...Who?  Funchess should play and Olsen is back.  No thanks. 

GOOD LUCK BUD!

Edited by thejosef

Just when I thought that I couldn’t get more depressed about my wide receiver choices, I read your post. Haha.  Thanks for the input. Having AB used to allow me to easily survive a dud by one or even two of my wide receivers.  No more.  

Cole as my first pick

Other than that... brutal. I'd probably go Wright since Cleveland has a better run D than pass D and if you have to pick from these clowns you may as well go with the guy that is hot right now.

I'd go with Cole. It would be an easy choice if Hogan was ok, but I don't think you can risk starting him.