Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyTsunami

Bismack Biyombo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

17 minutes ago, hkchuchu said:

would you drop jordan bell for him???

Nope. Find someone else.

Also this is AC forum content. Go post in there.

Expecting something like 8.5 pts / 9.5 reb / 1.2 blk for Biyombo while Vucevic is out with close to 55% FG and 61 FT%... FT is a drag but those are decent big man stats 

Just dropped Rudy Gay.

Luckily he barely goes to the line. He should be a solid double-double block machine source.

Vooch is somehow my first big injury this year. Was glad to see Biyombo wasn't hired before I could get to him. Double-double machine is too much to expect. I am hoping for more like 7pts, 9 rebs, good FG% and 1.5 blocks would really ease the sting of losing Vooch.

This guy is a beast and deserves to be starting on some team.  Don't understand why he signed with a team to be a back up.  Beast time is about to begin.  Double double machine.

5 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

This guy is a beast and deserves to be starting on some team.  Don't understand why he signed with a team to be a back up.  Beast time is about to begin.  Double double machine.

That remains to be seen. Saturday he had 4 pts 2 boards at halftime. He started the 2nd half, and finished the game with 8 and 3 

1 hour ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Define what's a beast

I say he will average around 7pts, 9reb, 1.4 blk when start.  That is far from a beast

5 minutes ago, bradychen said:

Define what's a beast

I say he will average around 7pts, 9reb, 1.4 blk when start.  That is far from a beast

That’s a beast-lite. :D

5 hours ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Biyombo is Extremely limited offensively as evidenced by the fact that he's never averaged more than 6.0 ppg even when getting minutes in the 20s.  In fact "limited" may be generous.  He has zero offensive game to speak of.

As a Vuc owner I picked him up hoping for boards and rebounds but not expecting much.  He leaves his feet way to often on defense, commits bad fouls, and really just isnt a good basketball player.

I have no idea what indicates he's a decent player let alone a beast.

16 hours ago, VaTerp said:

I picked him up hoping for boards and rebounds

He'll prolly just give you one or the other, not both :P

Do you think he will pull 9 boards and 1.5 blocks, while starting?

Last season he started 27 games and averaged only 7 pts, 8 reb. and 1.2 blk in 28 minutes in those starts.  That's a good barometer of what I would expect this time around, making him a deep league asset nothing more.  Also the damage to ft% was not insignificant as he averaged 45% on 4 attempts on those starts.

8 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Last season he started 27 games and averaged only 7 pts, 8 reb. and 1.2 blk in 28 minutes in those starts.  That's a good barometer of what I would expect this time around, making him a deep league asset nothing more.  Also the damage to ft% was not insignificant as he averaged 45% on 4 attempts on those starts.

That was with Vucevic healthy and backing him up though, wasn't it? With him out the minutes should be even higher. Though the ft% concern is definitely real, I picked him up myself just to see how he does but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Everyone here isnt so high on him, so come and join me in the Jonathan Isaac forum. Might do worse this first week coming back from another ankle injury, but I think they'd give him some 4/5 minutes due to the plethora of injuries on the Magic. More upside imo

I hate to be the party pooper but I remember last year for a stretch of couple weeks Biyombo became the starter and he severely underproduced.. just temper your expectations is all I am suggesting

Nobody here seems to be expecting Biyombo to be a fantasy basketball panacea. The debate seems to be whether he can average 1.5 blocks. Lots of people are saying that's what they want to see from him, but there's no compelling case he will be able to swat that many. I'm looking for him to get on the block train right away, because he could build confidence quickly knowing his role should be secure if he can be a strong defender and glass cleaner. Sometimes confidence is the difference between the wire and being a fixture in the fantasy lineup.

7 rebounds and 2 blocks with 2 minutes left in the 1st.

Easy moneyyyyy.