Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyTsunami

Bismack Biyombo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Who does this guy think he is? Dennis Rodman?

On 1/13/2018 at 4:00 AM, Zippi said:

FT regression incoming? So strange this season with all these former %-killers. 

Meanwhile John Wall and Russell Westbrook have turned their owners' teams into punt FG% builds :lol:

Man this guy has been amazing so far. 10 boards and 3 blocks in the first quarter...I don't even need him to do anything else for tonight.

Has he ever had a stretch like this before?  Without too much research, I can see he's only once averaged as much for a season as he has since Vucevic went down, and that was when he was 20.  But I wonder if something might've clicked with him to the extent that he's both deserving and could produce in like 20 minutes when Vooch comes back.

Edited by Tom Chambers

1/5 FG but when he's getting 13 rebs 1 steal 4 blocks I can't complain at all.

Biz has been an amazing add for me.

9 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Has he ever had a stretch like this before?  Without too much research, I can see he's never averaged as much for a season as he has since Vucevic went down, and that was when he was 20.  But I wonder if something might've clicked with him to the extent that he's both deserving and could produce in like 20 minutes when Vooch comes back.

No chance he'll get 20 minutes with Vuc back. He won't even eclipse 15 minutes. Just gotta enjoy this ride while it last.

13 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

I need more points, I need this DD please Biz...

I thought this said "I need this D please Biz...'

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Has he ever had a stretch like this before?  Without too much research, I can see he's only once averaged as much for a season as he has since Vucevic went down, and that was when he was 20.  But I wonder if something might've clicked with him to the extent that he's both deserving and could produce in like 20 minutes when Vooch comes back.

Yes, he has. Quoting my post from December...

Last time Biyombo had extended run as a starter in December 2015-16 with the Raptors (filling in for an injured Valanciunas), he put up a month's worth of the following numbers:

7.1 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG on 50.7 FG% and 64.9 FT% in 28.3 mpg.

That's what I'm expecting from him until Vucevic gets back in 6-8 weeks. That's definitely roster worthy.

Once Valanciunas came back during that last stretch, Biyombo went back to being useless. So yeah, I don't expect anything from him once Vucevic returns.

Vooch needs to take the rest of the season off. B)

Wow too good to be true. Thought we were getting a perfect ft today. But wow I'm in love with him so far! Sit vuc for the rest of the season 

Just now, rt00dt00 said:

You got it bro, I can’t believe it!

I kept on praying lol.. I saw 38 secs left I got super nervous... Biz made my night. I’m in a tight matchup going against Cousins & westbrook, need to win the DD category. 

Bismack Biyombo dominated the Wolves with 10 points, 16 rebounds (six offensive), two assists, one steal and five blocks in a 108-102 win on Tuesday.

That's his 17th career game with five or more blocks and his second of the season (he also had five blocks on Dec. 26). Biyombo has been dominant over his last three games with 15.0 points, 12.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks, and while he'll continue to eat while Nikola Vucevic (hand) is out, the Magic will have a tough decision on their hands around the trade deadline -- Vucevic is on the books for $12.7 million next season and could be a trade candidate with Orlando looking at another lost season.

TRADE HIM :ph34r: