Sign in to follow this  
maxim730

2017 Champs! Post here

My big money league, worth almost a grand by itself, is over. I won. I suspect my opponent lost because he "got cute".

At the eve of the games beginning, he swapped out Eric Ebron for Jack Doyle. Ebron had been riding a "hot streak" compared to Doyle up to game time. Why the switch? I have no idea. They were pretty close in many rankings, so why put in the guy who has been putting up duds?

Second, some QB controversy.

I drafted Aaron Rodgers and dropped him during the season and was able to re-acquire him for his 1 game return. I dropped my backup, Kirk Cousins, who I was unimpressed with and using up until that point. With no ARod this week, I was deciding between Foles and Bortles. As I had no FAAB left, my opponent grabbed Foles and then stashed Cousins. If he had grabbed Bortles and stashed Cousins, I would've gone Foles.

Swap in Eric Ebron and Black Bortles onto his team and add Nick Foles to my team, gives the games a 36 point swing and I lose.

Looking forward to ribbing him for getting cute at next years draft!

Full PPR- 2nd overall pick - 12 teams- redraft league

one of the best teams I’ve ever had- over 2500 total points on the year-12-1 overall lost by .05 points in week 4 or 5 can’t remember 

Russell Wilson

leveon bell

todd gurley

mike Evans (acquired in trade for kelvin Benjamin and Derek Carr)

dede westbrook

kareem hunt

lamar miller 

seferian Jenkins/Eric ebron

Butker

ravens/jags 

bench

randall cobb

Cam newton (acquired in trade for Carr and Benjamin) 

will fuller

bortles ( to block an opponent in playoffs who lost wentz) 

Dougie Martin (blows) 

After losing in the fnal last year ghis is finally my year.

1st of the regular season, most points and winning the league !

Thank you guys.

So many injuries this year I thought I had no chance. Lost DJ, cook and others. I had some luck in the regular season. Then Allen and kamara and Lewis started going off, I picked up drake and Bortles. Got a first round bye and now another championship.

Two redrafts, two titles, about 8k in total,  thanks everyone for the advice!

12 Team, 1/2 ppr                                         12 Team, 1 ppr

R. Wilson                                                       Cousins

M. Thomas                                                    K.Allen

JuJu                                                               M. Evans

Hunt                                                               Gurley

Drake                                                              L. Murray

D. Lewis                                                         D. Lewis

Engram                                                          Ertz

Butker                                                             Elliot

Bears                                                              Bears

12 team, .5 PPR.  Finished the regular season 10-3 and pretty much dominated in the playoffs thanks to Todd Gurley.  I kept Ben Roethlisberger, Jordan Howard and Demaryius Thomas coming in to the year.  2nd title in 3 years.  I present to you, Thomas the Dank Engine:

Starting Lineup Week 16:

QB: Big Ben

QB: Derek Carr (was Palmer before injury)

RB: Todd Gurley

RB: Mark Ingram

RB: Jordan Howard

WR: Tyreek Hill

WR: Adam Thielen

WR: Demaryius  Thomas

WR: Sterling Shepard

FLEX: Cooper Kupp

D: Bears

K: Wil Lutz

Best draft picks were easily Adam Thielen and Mark Ingram.  In Week 12 I traded Kareem Hunt for Gurley, Hill and Carr to a team who was out of the playoffs and couldn't keep any of the players he traded me.  Was a great year from start to finish.  Finished 1st in points scored as well!

1 pt PPR/12 teams, 7-6 regular season record, which gave me the #4 seed out of 8.  I backed into the playoffs but won big when Hunt regained form.  Won championship my first season in my work league.  

Draft - 8th out of 12: We use an OP slot and everyone went QB early.  I went with OBJ, Zeke (sill suspended at the time), Fournette, Kelce, Hopkins, Woodhead, Palmer, Martin, Wentz, Bailey, Cardinals, K White, Bernard, Goff, M Lee, Watson.  

Best draft pick - Hopkins in Round 5.  

Best FA pickup - Robbie Gould when Jimmy took over.  

Trades - I traded Wentz for Michael Thomas the week OBJ went down.  I regretted that trade a few weeks later when Wentz was having an unbelievable season, until the injury.  

I traded Kelce and K Drake for Hunt and Jordan Reed banking on Hunt getting back to early season form and Zeke being suspended to end my season and begin the playoffs.  Luckily, he did and I faced the guy I traded week 1 of the playoffs.  

With no decent QB’s on waivers, I traded Darkwa to a RB needy team trying to make a playoff push, for Jimmy G.  Couldn’t use him for a few weeks, but started every week of the playoffs for me and I couldn’t be happier.  

Final lineup:

Jimmy G (Rodgers IR)

Hunt, Zeke, Fournette (Woodhead, Gallman, K Williams on bench)

Hopkins, M Thomas (Gordon, Westbrook on bench)

Gronk

Gould

KC D (stream)

Edited by the_real_ab

10 minutes ago, jgolec said:

12 team, .5 PPR.  Finished the regular season 10-3 and pretty much dominated in the playoffs thanks to Todd Gurley.  I kept Ben Roethlisberger, Jordan Howard and Demaryius Thomas coming in to the year.  2nd title in 3 years.  I present to you, Thomas the Dank Engine:

Starting Lineup Week 16:

QB: Big Ben

QB: Derek Carr (was Palmer before injury)

RB: Todd Gurley

RB: Mark Ingram

RB: Jordan Howard

WR: Tyreek Hill

WR: Adam Thielen

WR: Demaryius  Thomas

WR: Sterling Shepard

FLEX: Cooper Kupp

D: Bears

K: Wil Lutz

Best draft picks were easily Adam Thielen and Mark Ingram.  In Week 12 I traded Kareem Hunt for Gurley, Hill and Carr to a team who was out of the playoffs and couldn't keep any of the players he traded me.  Was a great year from start to finish.  Finished 1st in points scored as well!

Collusion

was 6-3, finished 7-6 and absolutely obliterated my opponents in the playoffs.  145, 163, and 143 scored in my 3 rounds.  Lost Watson and Wentz this year, but rode flacco the past 2 rounds. 

yay!  Team in sig

18 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Collusion

Happens in this league nearly every year whenever a crappy team has awful keepers.  If you think that one is bad, someone traded Leonard Fournette for Alex Collins, Rex Burkhead, Davante Adams and Josh Gordon.  Didn't work out for him. 

12-years running Keeper league (2 keepers allowed)

2-QB league

10 teams

.25 PPR for RB & WR, .50 PPR for TE

Auction draft with $200 budget

12-3 record
239 more points than #2 in points (top score 8 weeks + 8 game winning streak - 9 including Week 14 playoff bye)

The key to my auction draft was my WR's. Antonio Brown was the first nomination of the entire draft and I got him for $48. I also drafted Tyreek Hill for $13, Golden Tate for $10, Jarvis Landry for $9, and the steal of them all, Adam Thielen for $2. I then traded Landry (and Isaiah Crowell) for Travis Kelce after Week 3. So between AB, Tyreek, Kelce, I had the #1, #3, and #4-ranked scorers at WR/TE. 

Here's where it starts to get dramatic. Week 15 I lose AB to injury. Ben is one of my 2 QB's, so that affects his numbers that game too. It looks as if I'm going to finish with an excellent score in Week 15 but still lose, as my opponent has Matt Ryan and Julio Jones going on MNF. In fact, I'm such an underdog that I go to bed at halftime expecting a sure loss. I wake up in the middle of the night, check my phone, and see a congrats from my opponent, as his Ryan & Julio do nothing in the 2nd half - and I hold on to win.

And here's where it gets even more dramatic. Week 16, I lose Zuerlein mid-week to injury. So I'm now down the #1 WR (AB) and #1 kicker. My Finals lineup:

QB's: Ben & Foles (as I switch Cousins out of my lineup...ugh)

RB's: McCaffrey & J.Stewart (figuring Tampa run defense is so weak, they both could be productive, and my other RB 2 options are weak)

WR's/Flex: Thielen, Tyreek, Tate, Mike Wallace (in place of AB)

TE: Kelce

K: J.Elliott

Defense: Ravens

If you notice a theme with those players, it's that they almost all busted. The Ravens, Wallace and Thielen all let me down on Saturday. Overall, I got a grand total of 1 TD (Kelce) and 1 100-yard game (Tyreek) from my 7 players at RB/WR/TE. Ouch. But my opponent has his troubles too. He takes out TY Hilton for Dede Westbrook and that costs him over 5 points. And he inexplicably starts Tyler Kroft, going with 2 TE's in his lineup (Rudolph being the other). So he does poorly too. But he's still ahead 28 points going into Monday night. He has Lamar Miller, while I have Ben, Foles & Elliott, so I'm considered the favorite by projected points. Miller has a poor game and Ben does well enough that I have a shot...

Elliott has a FG attempt to give me the lead at halftime...but he misses it and instead of +3, I get a -1. Yikes. However, when Elliott gets his first FG later in the game, I go ahead by a point. All I need is Foles not to have a turnover...and he throws a late INT! I'm now losing by about 2 points. This can't be happening! The Eagles can't do anything on offense, Raiders get the ball late and are looking like they can drive for the game-winning FG. But Carr throws an INT...I still have life! And Elliott then kicks a 48-yard FG with 22 seconds to win me the championship! In the 4th quarter I thus went from a sure win, to a seemingly-sure loss, back to a win again. I'll never have a sweeter (or more agonizing) championship in fantasy football! 

I think I drafted well and didn't have a single "lucky win" the entire season headed into the Week 16 Finals. And then my 82.2 points won me the title this week...and in the 12 seasons of our league, I think that might've been the lowest score to ever win a matchup. Go figure!

only two cash leagues won. but got three freebies that go to week 17 in the ship game

12 team, $20 entry, .5 ppr,  $160 pot

QB: alex smith (carr)

RB: mark ingram

RB: latavius murray (martin, davis, ivory)

WR: hopkins

WR: michael thomas (agholor)

flex: dion lewis

flex: carlos hyde

te: ertz

d/st: ravens (chargers)

k: lambo

12 teams, $25 entry, .5 ppr, $200 pot

QB: foles

RB: gordon

RB: hyde (riddick, davis, barber)

WR: theilan

WR: crowder (richardson, hogan)

TE: doyle (clay)

Flex: ajayi

d/st: chargers

K: tucker

2 hours ago, jgolec said:

Interesting league you have that makes these types of trade

6 hours ago, Holben said:

My big money league, worth almost a grand by itself, is over. I won. I suspect my opponent lost because he "got cute".

At the eve of the games beginning, he swapped out Eric Ebron for Jack Doyle. Ebron had been riding a "hot streak" compared to Doyle up to game time. Why the switch? I have no idea. They were pretty close in many rankings, so why put in the guy who has been putting up duds?

Second, some QB controversy.

I drafted Aaron Rodgers and dropped him during the season and was able to re-acquire him for his 1 game return. I dropped my backup, Kirk Cousins, who I was unimpressed with and using up until that point. With no ARod this week, I was deciding between Foles and Bortles. As I had no FAAB left, my opponent grabbed Foles and then stashed Cousins. If he had grabbed Bortles and stashed Cousins, I would've gone Foles.

Swap in Eric Ebron and Black Bortles onto his team and add Nick Foles to my team, gives the games a 36 point swing and I lose.

Looking forward to ribbing him for getting cute at next years draft!

Hell be looking forward to knocking you out next draft 

In one of my four NFL standard leagues, I started at 2-5, with a roster that featured Todd Gurley, Antonio Brown, Big Ben, Jordy Nelson, and Ty Montgomery. Then after picking up Alvin Kamara, Marvin Jones, and Dion Lewis midway into the season, benched Ty Montgomery and Jordy Nelson (I eventually dropped both of them due to the Packers struggles on offence after Rodgers' and Montgomery's injuries), and switched QBs by benching Big Ben to make Alex Smith as my starter, I started winning 7 straight games propelling my record to 9-5 and into first place. I wound up winning the semi finals, and eventually the league championship thanks in large part to Dion Lewis, who I filled in for the injured Antonio Brown per Adam Rank ( I know, I shouldn't listen to those fantasy experts, but it paid off in the end), Panthers DEF, and of course....Todd Gurley. Going from 2-5 to 9-5 and and winning the championship is one of the best accomplishments in my four years of playing fantasy football.

Original Roster

QB Ben Rothlisberger

RB TY Montgomery

RB Todd Gurley

WR Antonio Brown

WR Jordy Nelson

TE Greg Olsen (before his injury, Kyle Rudolph filled in for him)

FLEX WR Michael Thomas

K Graham Gano

DEF Panthers

Championship Roster

QB Alex Smith

RB Todd Gurley

RB Alvin Kamara

WR Michael Thomas (moved him to the position in place of the injured Antonio Brown.)

WR Marvin Jones

TE Greg Olsen (returned from his injury in time for the fantasy playoffs)

FLEX RB Dion Lewis 

K Graham Gano

DEF Panthers

After the draft, I traded Gurley, who I picked in the third round, for Rodgers.  It's a 10 team non-ppr 6 pts passing TD.  During the season, I lost Beckham, Dalvin Cook, Rodgers and Watson.  I also dropped Kamari seconds before he scored his first career TD.  This was my most challenging year ever.  I finished #2 seed so I got the playoff bye.  In the semi, I barely survived the owner of Gurley, Antonio Brown, Kamari and Fournette.  In the final, I faced Newton, Ertz, Bell and Ingram.  Won by 7 points.

Playoff Roster

QB Alex Smith

RB Kenyan Drake

RB Kareem Hunt

WR Keenan Alen

WR Michael Thomas

TE Delanie Walker

FLEX Dion Lewis

K Butker

DEF Jacksonville

Bench 

Jamaal Williams 

Joe Mixon

Doug Baldwin

Brandin Cooks

Keelan Cole

Cameron Brate

Notable players that was drafted or was on roster

Ty Montgomery (drafted)

Powell (drafted)

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Doesn't make it alright, scumbag. You deserve an asterisk next to your championship. 

U mad?

36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Interesting league you have that makes these types of trade

The guy who runs this league has some very interesting rules.  But when someone is completely out of it and wants to better prepare for next year, that's the type of trade that happens. 

9 minutes ago, jgolec said:

The guy who runs this league has some very interesting rules.  But when someone is completely out of it and wants to better prepare for next year, that's the type of trade that happens. 

As someone who plays in a keeper baseball league, that's good on you for giving up a good asset to try to win it this year and having it work out. Maybe the other owners needed to step up and put some chips on the table.

Capture.PNG.48cb302e9f33321a552b71e0e9cf72fd.PNG

got lucky with injuries/busts (Pryor/Hogan/Legatron) and of course Gurley. $600 buy in (each team is a couple) $200 FAAB (real money) ..total pot ended up being $9200..75% for 1st - $6,900 (Gronk "aww yeah")..winner usually sponsors the next draft 

got real lucky in this league, opponent lost Burkhead and AB heading into the final . $900 (the GPUs worth) 

Capture.PNG