osb_tensor

Anthony Rendon 2018 Outlook

57 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Just DL him already

Nats are off tomorrow, so they must think he can return for Friday.  Only way they would not have DL'ed him on Monday and backdated to Friday.

Annoying - he's a notoriously slow starter, but had been solid considering that. The one foul ball on the toe later, and he's been day to day for 6 games. I have to think he'll be soon, because otherwise he could have hit the DL by now. Hopefully nothing more serious than some pain and/or irritation that needs to subside.

It is crazy that he is not in the lineup tonight.

If they had put him on the DL on Monday and backdated it to Friday, then he would be back on Monday anyway and they would've had a roster spot for all these games. 

Bad roster management. 

11 minutes ago, yankees77 said:

It is crazy that he is not in the lineup tonight.

If they had put him on the DL on Monday and backdated it to Friday, then he would be back on Monday anyway and they would've had a roster spot for all these games. 

Bad roster management. 

They probably expected him back by now, but if they decide he needs to go to the DL they can date it back to 3 days ago, so not much different.

8 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

They probably expected him back by now, but if they decide he needs to go to the DL they can date it back to 3 days ago, so not much different.

If they put him on the DL tomorrow and backdate it to Wednesday, then he wouldn't be able to be back until next weekend.

1 minute ago, yankees77 said:

If they put him on the DL tomorrow and backdate it to Wednesday, then he wouldn't be able to be back until next weekend.

Yea I get it you left him in your lineup thinking he'd play by now. It happens.

Is it a rule you can only back date three days?  I thought you could go back to the last game played.

For the love of God please grow a pair and play tonight Anthony.

He’s 12 for 19 against Wood, but I’m sure the week layoff screwed with his timing.  ?

On 4/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Mongeese said:

Is it a rule you can only back date three days?  I thought you could go back to the last game played.

Yes it's a new rule with the move from a 15 to a 10 day DL. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yankees77 said:

Yes it's a new rule with the move from a 15 to a 10 day DL. 

I learned something today.

This has to be the worst bruised toe in the history of bruised toes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FUM said:

This has to be the worst bruised toe in the history of bruised toes.

He had to have the nail bed drained earlier in the week due to a build up of blood. My guess is "sore" now means an either an infection or inflammation started after the procedure or there's some nail related issue because they needed to drill through the nail to get to the nail bed.

He was just put on the DL. He won't be eligible to come off until next Sunday at the earliest. 

Horrible roster management. 

Edited by yankees77

1 hour ago, yankees77 said:

He had to have the nail bed drained earlier in the week due to a build up of blood. My guess is "sore" now means an either an infection or inflammation started after the procedure or there's some nail related issue because they needed to drill through the nail to get to the nail bed.

The nail just drops off after a few days.Most people who get this done are at work the next day.

1 hour ago, the real donny baseball said:

The nail just drops off after a few days.Most people who get this done are at work the next day.

Most people's work doesn't consist of manning the hot corner, hitting mlb arms, 90 ft sprints, etc...

Hope he gets right & is back for next week.

Edited by ragrag
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ragrag said:

Most people's work doesn't consist of manning the hot corner, hitting mlb arms, 90 ft sprints, etc...

Hope he gets right & is back for next week.

Well,you know,there is this thing called the military.I've heard it's tough and nobody cares much about your sore toe.Just do your job.

I digress,this is just fantasy baseball and I hope he has a long healthy career as a Nat.

Edited by the real donny baseball

"

Fri, Apr 27

Anthony Rendon (toe) played catch Friday.

Advice: He's expected to do other baseball activities, as well. Rendon is eligible for activation from the disabled list on Sunday, but it's unclear at this point whether he has a shot to return then. Wilmer Difo and Adrian Sanchez have been handling third base for the Nationals.

He also said "meow" and applied conditioner to his hair.Also did some basic shopping and he got his nails done.Oh baseball? Eww-that's gross.

His nails done that soon after drilling straight through one?  I think you’re making that up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

His nails done that soon after drilling straight through one?  I think you’re making that up.

He cried like a baby when they applied the polish to his boo boo'ed toe.

Yes,I made that up.

• Haha 1

Myyyyyy toe hurts 

Are there really any men in the world who haven't had to drill a hole through their own nail and move on with life?It pretty much happens sometimes.

This guy has a great future as the face of Meow Mix or something.

And I'm a Nats fan.