bgar15

Early 2018 Top 20 Rankings

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Yeah but isn't the discussion about next year??? Hopkins was horrible last year and bounced back with worse QB's then Jamis

That’s debatable 

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yeah but isn't the discussion about next year??? Hopkins was horrible last year and bounced back with worse QB's then Jamis

Thats fair. Mike Evans had something like 1.9 avg yards after catch 2 years ago, dont know if he did better than that this year but i would prefer a top 20 overall WR to have some run after the catch ability.

5 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Assume .5 PPR. Thoughts? Disclaimer - this is NOT where I would take certain players, this is what I think site rankings will look like as of right now.

1. Gurley

2. Bell

3. A. Brown

4. Zeke

5. David Johnson

6. Hopkins

7. Hunt

8. OBJ (a lot here depends on status of NYG QB)

9.  Fournette

10. Melvin Gordon

11. Gronk

12. Kamara

- Strongest 1st Round I remember in a while FYI -

13. McCoy

14. Freeman

15. Julio

16. Michael Thomas

17.  A.J. Green

18. Dalvin Cook

19. Mark Ingram  (When's the last time 2 RBs from the same team were in the top 20?)

20. Keenan Allen

I would take Cook in the 2nd alll day.

No love for Watson/Wentz?

25 minutes ago, iKauai said:

I would take Cook in the 2nd alll day.

No love for Watson/Wentz?

Just not sure you can justify it that early.  RB's are going to disappear from the board in the first 2 rounds at a ridiculous rate.  If anything showed this year (besides Brown), is WR's can be gobbled off the waivers mid season and put up ridiculous numbers.  

I know this is super nit-picky and I apologize, but Bell still deserves to be ranked over Gurley.  Up until last game, their stats were eerily similar (Bell even outscored Gurley in some categories), so I don't think Gurley jumps Bell.

If Ben decides to retire after this season, AB drops into the second round. 

Probably would not put Gronk in the first round (shift McCoy into his spot).

are we sure if Hopkins isn't one of those every other year guys?

seems like we had him around 6 last season

Also, I take Kamara over Gordon, Fournette, Hunt, easily, and is my 5th RB off the board

if Big Ben retires, they will sign a stopgap (like Eli, Mccown, Bradford, Palmer) and AB will be just fine

15 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

If Ben decides to retire after this season, AB drops into the second round. 

Probably would not put Gronk in the first round (shift McCoy into his spot).

I was just going to say the same thing, I think Big Ben retires after this year and that impacts AB alot, his numbers when Ben was injured were meh. Also  Ingram making the pro bowl makes him a free agent, he had it in his contract, so depending on where goes that could impact his value and makes Kamara the number one back in Nola, can he handle the load? 

Mixon could get into the 2nd rd if they improve the offensive line

Same goes for Kenyon drake as he could squeak in there too

I would take Kareem hunt late first round. Look what he does when he gets touches

Assuming everything stays the same (which it won't):

1. Todd Gurley
2. Le'Veon Bell - Downgrade if he leaves the team, Ben retires, etc. Suspension risk.
3. Zeke - Upgrade if there is a coaching change.  Suspension risk.
4. David Johnson - Downgraded because I'm assuming Arians retires, Palmer retires, etc.
5. Leonard Fournette - Only if his Ankle gets fixed.
6. DeAndre Hopkins - If Watson stays healthy, look out.
7. Melvin Gordon - Can't argue with the volume.
8. Antonio Brown - If Ben does not retire.
9. Saquon Barkley
10. Kareem Hunt - Andy Reid is a moron, but Hunt still belongs in the top 10.

(Ingram and Kamara belong in the top 10, but I'm waiting to see if Ingram stays in NO).

2 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

Just not sure you can justify it that early.  RB's are going to disappear from the board in the first 2 rounds at a ridiculous rate.  If anything showed this year (besides Brown), is WR's can be gobbled off the waivers mid season and put up ridiculous numbers.  

I don't understand your comment.  The guy you are quoting said he would take Cook in the second.  Yet you say you can't justify taking him in the second, but then follow it up by saying that lots of RBs are going to be taken the first 2 rounds and that you can get by with waiver wire WRs.

So what exactly are you saying?  Do you agree that Cook is a second round draft pick?  Are you saying he is a third rounder?  Cook went in the 3rd round of many leagues THIS year, and that was before putting up the numbers he did.  If he heals well, and flashes in preseason again, I see Cook is an early second rounder easily in PPR.

First round locks: Gurley, Bell, AB, Hopkins, Zeke, DJ, Hunt, OBJ, Kamara, Melvin Gordon

Borderline late first/second round: Julio, Ingram, Michael Thomas, Davantae Adams, Freeman, Allen, Fournette, AJ Green, McCoy

Borderline late second/third round: Gronk, Kelce, Landry, Jordy, Wentz, Watson, Wilson, TY Hilton?? (not sure about this one yet), Evans, JHoward, ARodgers, Mccaffrey 

Borderline late third/fourth round: Lamar Miller, Joe Mixon, Adam Thielien OR Stefon Diggs (depends on QB), Tyreek Hill, Jamaal Williams, Kenyan Drake (could potentially be go up), Cam, Brady, Brees, Robert Woods, Alston Jeffery, Crabtree/Coop, Dez, Baldwin, Olsen, Ertz, Tate/Jones Jr. 

The rounds are in no particular order and some of the receivers and running backs can probably go up or down a round depending on preference. Obviously I missed some guys but I think you'll see most of these names taken in the first 4 rounds. Let me know what you guys think

36 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't understand your comment.  The guy you are quoting said he would take Cook in the second.  Yet you say you can't justify taking him in the second, but then follow it up by saying that lots of RBs are going to be taken the first 2 rounds and that you can get by with waiver wire WRs.

So what exactly are you saying?  Do you agree that Cook is a second round draft pick?  Are you saying he is a third rounder?  Cook went in the 3rd round of many leagues THIS year, and that was before putting up the numbers he did.  If he heals well, and flashes in preseason again, I see Cook is an early second rounder easily in PPR.

I was talking about Watson/Wentz.  All good RB's are going to completely gone by the end of the 2nd is what I meant.  If you go QB or something else, you may struggle to find a RB later is what I was more so saying.

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

I was just going to say the same thing, I think Big Ben retires after this year and that impacts AB alot, his numbers when Ben was injured were meh. Also  Ingram making the pro bowl makes him a free agent, he had it in his contract, so depending on where goes that could impact his value and makes Kamara the number one back in Nola, can he handle the load? 

ingram has to be an all pro not make the pro bowl to become a FA so he is not going anywhere 

Someone should analyze the 2017 pre and post rankings.

im finally done with fantasy (won 4 of 5 years) , my only comment .. I don’t think DJ will be as good as last year. I would take him end of RBs.

finally .. after sites hyped drafting WRs early ... RBs are back to where they belong 

9 hours ago, reichl555 said:

To me, McCaffrey reminds me more of a Danny Woodhead type player.  I would not draft Woodhead in the top 50.

Maybe not now. Woodhead has had some amazing ppr years though. I wanna say he was like top5 once no?

edit: he had 80 grabs and 9 tds one year. well inside the top 50

was the 3# ppr back

Edited by dmb3684

1 hour ago, tcorb22 said:

First round locks: Gurley, Bell, AB, Hopkins, Zeke, DJ, Hunt, OBJ, Kamara, Melvin Gordon

Borderline late first/second round: Julio, Ingram, Michael Thomas, Davantae Adams, Freeman, Allen, Fournette, AJ Green, McCoy

Borderline late second/third round: Gronk, Kelce, Landry, Jordy, Wentz, Watson, Wilson, TY Hilton?? (not sure about this one yet), Evans, JHoward, ARodgers, Mccaffrey 

Borderline late third/fourth round: Lamar Miller, Joe Mixon, Adam Thielien OR Stefon Diggs (depends on QB), Tyreek Hill, Jamaal Williams, Kenyan Drake (could potentially be go up), Cam, Brady, Brees, Robert Woods, Alston Jeffery, Crabtree/Coop, Dez, Baldwin, Olsen, Ertz, Tate/Jones Jr. 

The rounds are in no particular order and some of the receivers and running backs can probably go up or down a round depending on preference. Obviously I missed some guys but I think you'll see most of these names taken in the first 4 rounds. Let me know what you guys think

Say goodbye to a title if you waste a 3rd pick on a QB next season in a single QB league. The position is too deep. Main reason I did well in my league this year was people paid up for QB's and none of them were in the finals and I had Bortles and Keenum and won

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Say goodbye to a title if you waste a 3rd pick on a QB next season in a single QB league. The position is too deep. Main reason I did well in my league this year was people paid up for QB's and none of them were in the finals and I had Bortles and Keenum and won

im likely taking one last. You can stream QBs these days

3 hours ago, apap414 said:

I know this is super nit-picky and I apologize, but Bell still deserves to be ranked over Gurley.  Up until last game, their stats were eerily similar (Bell even outscored Gurley in some categories), so I don't think Gurley jumps Bell.

Thats why you dont focus on numerical ranks and you use talent tiers instead. Bell-Gurley are Tier1 rb's so from a draft perspective it doesnt matter which one you get; it's a bit silly to say bell should be 1 and gurley 2 given they both are in great situation have plenty of touch opportunity and execute. Is anyone really that brilliant to confidently state one will definitely outproduce the other next season?

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Thats why you dont focus on numerical ranks and you use talent tiers instead. Bell-Gurley are Tier1 rb's so from a draft perspective it doesnt matter which one you get; it's a bit silly to say bell should be 1 and gurley 2 given they both are in great situation have plenty of touch opportunity and execute. Is anyone really that brilliant to confidently state one will definitely outproduce the other next season?

No, but if you put numbers next to people's names then I'm assuming you're ranking them numerically

1 minute ago, apap414 said:

No, but if you put numbers next to people's names then I'm assuming you're ranking them numerically

Ehh kinda, dashoe is more right.

10 minutes ago, apap414 said:

And my point is numerical rankings don't offer much value when looking at how to evaluate players. All you do is quibble about if a guy should be #1 or number 2 or #8 or #10 as you did in your post. Useless system

what's the difference between 1 and 2 in a numerical rank? 1.Bell  2.Gurley. Basically not much

What the difference between tier 1 and tier 2?   Tier1: Bell-Gurley   Tier2 Hyde -Howard.  Basically alot

Groupings make it easier to select talent particularly for trading during the season whereas numerical numbers don't tell u much. 

I'm not trying to be difficult with you. It took me a couple of years to see that ranking hurt me when trying to do trades and set values on players in different situations and talent levels. I cnat tell you how many times I heard a guy claime his guy was ranked #3 so is worth alot more than a guy ranked #7.  

Edited by dashoe

38 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Assuming everything stays the same (which it won't):

1. Todd Gurley
2. Le'Veon Bell - Downgrade if he leaves the team, Ben retires, etc. Suspension risk.
3. Zeke - Upgrade if there is a coaching change.  Suspension risk.
4. David Johnson - Downgraded because I'm assuming Arians retires, Palmer retires, etc.
5. Leonard Fournette - Only if his Ankle gets fixed.
6. DeAndre Hopkins - If Watson stays healthy, look out.
7. Melvin Gordon - Can't argue with the volume.
8. Antonio Brown - If Ben does not retire.
9. Saquon Barkley
10. Kareem Hunt - Andy Reid is a moron, but Hunt still belongs in the top 10.

(Ingram and Kamara belong in the top 10, but I'm waiting to see if Ingram stays in NO).

I definitely agree with a few things here...

Bell and Zeke are huge suspension risks.

DJ really nosedives if Arians doesn't come back.  Very few coaches still believe in running your RBs into the ground like he does.  DJ is a beast with volume.  In a timeshare I don't know what to expect.

I believe Ben Retires and with it... AB84's fantasy value.  I know Fitz is balling out today, but for a few years before Palmer everyone was saying his career was over and he was washed up even though his number's were simply a product of inept QB play.  I believe recalling he strongly considering retirement too.  Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs probably gonna have a similar effect on AB84 unfortunately.  

I Love Barkley.  Think he's gonna be a phenom as long as he doesn't go to a garbage organization that doesn't know how to use RBs like Browns or Redskins.  

Skins?  Thought they had a pretty darn good RB this year, no?