Sign in to follow this  
Thisisnoteverett

Trade: Love for Horford WHIR

Hi guys,

I’m looking to move Love now before IT2 returns. I know it’s not a guarantee that he’ll be reduced to a lesser role when IT2 does return, but Love could be getting extra run because the cavs want more offense/shooting on the floor. I could see Tristan Thompson back in the starting line up once IT2 returns and Love back to the starting PF. This would result in less PT for Love since he wouldn’t be playing as much at Center. And even if he does, his touches will probably drop with IT2 as starting PG. 

Horford’s role is safe, not sexy like Love’s stat lines can look but Horford I think will be less of a headache. 

Leave a link!!

I would keep Love. He got a better playoff schedule and will still get you some double doubles with a pair of 3's when IT returns (he got one more game than Horford in 2 of the 3 playoff weeks = 1 game more in the playoffs is gold!

6 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

I would keep Love. He got a better playoff schedule and will still get you some double doubles with a pair of 3's when IT returns (he got one more game than Horford in 2 of the 3 playoff weeks = 1 game more in the playoffs is gold!

You not concerned at all with IT’s return? They’re overall putting up close to the same value but Love’s value comes from points/boards/3’s and Horford’s value comes spread across the board. 

Just now, Silverdome_Loyal said:

I’d rather own big Al but that’s my 2 cents - he fills every category ... I play H2H not roto so little biased maybe

Thanks for your 2c :). As long as they’re being viewed closely in value currently, then whether or not Love sees a regression with IT coming back to the mix is less of an issue. 

I'd rather take Horford for reasons you mentioned, but Horford tends to get passive (I have both on my team).

Love has been crushing it this season, so can't go wrong with either.

I think IT2's return could impact Love, but considering Love put up almost identical numbers last year with Kyrie in the mix (19/11/2/1stl/2+treys) there's not a lot of cause for concern on my end... 

1 minute ago, ovofnd said:

I'd rather take Horford for reasons you mentioned, but Horford tends to get passive (I have both on my team).

Love has been crushing it this season, so can't go wrong with either.

I think IT2's return could impact Love, but considering Love put up almost identical numbers last year with Kyrie in the mix (19/11/2/1stl/2+treys) there's not a lot of cause for concern on my end... 

Thats true, thanks for your input! Given the fact that I’m looking for a bit more assists, I may consider Horford, and it seems like these guys are close in value at the moment. 

I did a K Love for Horford trade just this past weekend.  I was the one who initiated the trade request and my mindset with that was if the other owner doesn't accept, I'll be fine with K Love the rest of the season but would be nice to have Horford since he contributes across the board (I play in H2H 9-cat) and I'm also concerned with IT's return.

TLDR: Cant' go wrong with both players but it also depends what your team needs a boost in.

Edited by gill2k

32 minutes ago, gill2k said:

I did a K Love for Horford trade just this past weekend.  I was the one who initiated the trade request and my mindset with that was if the other owner doesn't accept, I'll be fine with K Love the rest of the season but would be nice to have Horford since he contributes across the board (I play in H2H 9-cat) and I'm also concerned with IT's return.

TLDR: Cant' go wrong with both players but it also depends what your team needs a boost in.

Thanks!! This gives me loads of comfort, my friend gave me crap for making the trade, but my mindset was.. I needed some assists from a C eligible player and I could afford to give up some points since I was able to compete in the point and 3 category with AG, Booker and THJ injured. 

I think it's a pretty decent trade either way.  I don't will be impacted a ton like somebody else said, but Horford is doing even better across the board production than he usually does.  If you can stomach a slight drop off in Points, then I think it's fine to do the trade.

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I think it's a pretty decent trade either way.  I don't will be impacted a ton like somebody else said, but Horford is doing even better across the board production than he usually does.  If you can stomach a slight drop off in Points, then I think it's fine to do the trade.

Sweet thanks everyone :)

1 hour ago, Thisisnoteverett said:

Thanks!! This gives me loads of comfort, my friend gave me crap for making the trade, but my mindset was.. I needed some assists from a C eligible player and I could afford to give up some points since I was able to compete in the point and 3 category with AG, Booker and THJ injured. 

Horford's contributions are rarer to find (assists, blocks, FG). He also doesn't hurt you anywhere. 

On a good day, Horford is like 18-8-8-1stl-2blk-2treys on 55fg 100ft.

Love's would be 26-12-2-1stl-4treys on 50fg 100ft (on higher FTA).

Both great lines, but take away the points and Horford's looks better.