Fuzzy_Slippers

Manny Machado 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Chaco Chicken said:

Does anyone have any data/links thereof about players switching leagues at or near the trade deadline in terms of performance? I'm really curious what the projections are for Manny switching coasts and leagues.

I project Manny's gonna be Manny and haters gonna hate.

If he does what I think he can do on a hot streak like Hanley / Manny when they came over, good night dbacks.

10 minutes ago, Chaco Chicken said:

Does anyone have any data/links thereof about players switching leagues at or near the trade deadline in terms of performance? I'm really curious what the projections are for Manny switching coasts and leagues.

Here's a couple off the top of my head that I recall working exceptionally well.

jG40oud.jpg

XyIBw3r.jpg

• Like 2

Carlos Beltran went from the Royals to the Astros midseason when the Astros were still in the National League (2004)

His power went ape**** that 2nd half (23HR in 90 games)

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Carlos Beltran went from the Royals to the Astros midseason when the Astros were still in the National League (2004)

His power went ape**** that 2nd half (23HR in 90 games)

certainly made for a classic NLCS too

that entire playoffs shaved at least 10 years off my life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Here's a couple off the top of my head that I recall working exceptionally well.

Thanks, I notice Cespedes had equal or higher OPS on his trades in 2014 and 15 too.

17 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

Manny Machado is hitting: .315/.387/.575, 24 HR, 65 RBI.

wow that's A Bregman good!

The stadium impact shouldn’t be as significant as I initially worried it would be. LA has 66 regular season games remaining 29 home and 37 away. Of the 37 away games they have:

7 games @ COL

3 games @ MIL

3 games @ PHL

4 games @ ATL

3 games @ CIN

4 games @ STL

3 games @ SEA

3 games @ AZ

3 games @ SF

2 games @ TEX

2 games @ OAK

From my standpoint it’s a favorable road schedule as far as hitters parks go - COL, MIL, CIN, PHL, ATL, TEX are all in the top half, most in the top third of offensive ballparks. The road schedule alone should make up for the loss of Camden. Excited for the games in Coors!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

“Did you see what he was wearing today on the red carpet? That’s Hollywood right there," Kemp said with a laugh.

ny-1531878144-hr1m10ae8o-snap-image

I'd say he's ready to play for LA.

If by "Hollywood" he means that he looks like a Bond villain, then yeah, I can see that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

ny-1531878144-hr1m10ae8o-snap-image

He looks like some kind of unholy fusion of Justin Bieber and Pitbull. Yikes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chaco Chicken said:

JD did just fine last year thank you very much.

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

jG40oud.jpg

XyIBw3r.jpg

You could argue though that both those cases were the result of lack of effort.  Holliday never wanted to go to Oakland when he was traded there and hated it there (for proof, see the fact that when Holliday signed with the Yankees last year, he put in a no-trade clause to one team only: Oakland) .  Manny had totally quit on the Red Sox by the end where they were essentially forced to trade him despite being a World Series contender that year.

• Like 1

Nice perk for dynasty and keeper owners:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told reporters that Manny Machado will play shortstop and third base for the team.

Roberts noted that Machado has been informed of this plan. It gives the Dodgers a chance to move Chris Taylor around and take advantage of his versatility when Machado is at shortstop, and he can also give Justin Turner days off at the hot corner when necessary. The big news here is that it looks like Machado will have both third base and shortstop eligibility in leagues next year despite playing nothing but the shortstop position while he was with the Orioles in 2018.

Source: Bill Shaikin on Twitter    Jul 18 - 11:37 PM

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That's the Dodger way! Everybody plays multiple positions on that team. Roberts must have rights to all Dodger players in his fantasy league.

Edited by Halo Fan
  • Haha 1

So with Machado now in LAD, are the Orioles promoting someone from the Minors or just sticking with who they currently have.

18 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

So with Machado now in LAD, are the Orioles promoting someone from the Minors or just sticking with who they currently have.

I assume Tim Beckham should take back over SS since that is his natural position but got kicked out of it when Manny demanded to play SS this season.  Valencia will stay at 3B.

Currently on pace for:

40 taters

110 RBI

80 runs

13 stolen bases

75 walks

Not too shabby. His BB% is up 3.7% from last season and his K% is down 5.4%. This dude is making elite contact.

where will Manny hit in the Dodgers lineup? it looks like the Dodgers haven't had a consistent leadoff hitter, so would Manny hit 1st followed by something like Muncy/Turner/Kemp/Bellinger?

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

where will Manny hit in the Dodgers lineup? it looks like the Dodgers haven't had a consistent leadoff hitter, so would Manny hit 1st followed by something like Muncy/Turner/Kemp/Bellinger?

Really? You think Manny would be leading off? I feel like that would suck. 

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It’s pretty unlikely he gets 20 games at 3rd base the rest of the year, so I doubt he qualifies at 3B next year. It’ll probably take a while to get to 3B elig this year. 

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

It’s pretty unlikely he gets 20 games at 3rd base the rest of the year, so I doubt he qualifies at 3B next year. It’ll probably take a while to get to 3B elig this year. 

My league only requires 10 appearances.