jfazz23

Michael Wacha 2018 Outlook

Unfortunately, I think he sat too long during the bottom of the 8th. He was sharp all day and both of his walks were on 3-2 counts and both close calls. Again  so close to the no-no.. 2014 I think was the year he came one out away and gave it up on a bouncer inches above his head. He will get one eventually! Outstanding performance and been pretty darn consistent all year long. 

• Like 1

Xfip  and siera  still above 4.00. I would look to sell, however, I am biased because  I hate him as I dropped him before his recent run of excellence. 

Still. Sell. 

Ha ha ha ha ha.......Hope you guys were smarter than me and benched him tonight 

On 6/5/2018 at 5:40 PM, maybach said:

I might actually be looking to buy if his owner doesn't believe  https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/michael-wacha-is-pitching-like-its-2013/

That was a good article on Wacha. I have a list of SP's I will be targeting via trade for my dynasty league and he is on it. I do have him ranked 5th out of the 5 pitchers I'm looking at but I have confidence in him. I have Bauer, Carlos Martinez, McCullers, and Quintana ahead of him. 

Depending on how severe, this is at least a month long injury. See ya by August...I'm gonna hold where I can, but I believe in the gains he made, mostly.

44 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Who’s his likely replacement? 

Anyone of note?

The most exciting would be Dakota Hudson--former 1st rounder pitching well in AAA

They might just go back to Gant or Poncedeleon though too?

I'd pay attention to whom they pick and act in deeper leagues if it is Hudson...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The most exciting would be Dakota Hudson--former 1st rounder pitching well in AAA

They might just go back to Gant or Poncedeleon though too?

I'd pay attention to whom they pick and act in deeper leagues if it is Hudson...

Helsley may be an option too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Csiebert5 said:

Helsley may be an option too.

He's been shutdown with a bum shoulder for a few weeks now.

Otherwise he'd be the most exciting of them all imo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's been shutdown with a bum shoulder for a few weeks now.

Otherwise he'd be the most exciting of them all imo.

Are you kidding me? Damn.. it isn’t as easy to hear about minor league updates. That is unfortunate. He would’ve been the easy choice if Wacha were to be out for an extended period of time.

Well I guess now the options seem to be Gant, Hudson, Poncedeleon, or maybe even Gomber or Hicks. Gomber is more likely of those 2. Can’t see Hicks being taken out of his role this year with how well he is doing. Even Gomber would need to be stretched back out if he were to start.

Obliques/ lats are the injury du annum for the Redbirds this year.  So depressing.

Edited by STLSU
  • Like 1

Sounds about right. When I realized the severity of his injury, I accepted that he would probably be useless (fantasy-wise) for the remainder of 2018. Even if he is back for the fantasy playoffs, who is going to trust him his first couple starts off the DL. I'm holding only as long as he is on the DL, but even in my 14 team league (where I am not keeping him for 2019) I will drop him for anything I need to either make the playoffs, or make sure I advance in the playoffs. Even when Wacha was struggling to start the season, I was one of his biggest advocates. Unless he comes back within the next 1-2 weeks, I just don't see myself trusting him enough to start him under any circumstances down the stretch.

It will take him 2-3 weeks to ramp up with long toss, bullpens, 50 PC outings etc etc.  Too risky if you're going for a 'ship.

Michael Wacha (oblique strain) continues to inch back toward the mound with no real timetable for his return because, as manager Mike Shildt explained Saturday, the team wants to avoid a setback that would end his season. The runway is getting shorter for the righthander as the minor-league season concludes toward the end of this month as Wacha would be seeking rehab appearances. Shildt suggested minor-league affiliates in their postseason will offer some innings and the team still feels a return is possible. …

have held him in my DL spot in my high dollar roto league, but with abreu and chapman hitting the DL today i may have to cut ties...

any thoughts on how effective he will be when he finally returns?

5 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

have held him in my DL spot in my high dollar roto league, but with abreu and chapman hitting the DL today i may have to cut ties...

any thoughts on how effective he will be when he finally returns?

I also continue to hold on my DL, but only because I play in a keeper league, and I have the room for him. Playoffs start next week in my league, and there is no way in hell I'm throwing him out there fresh off the DL.