Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Not making excuses for Burton but correct me if I'm wrong doesn't Seattle and GB have very good Lb's and Safety's with Sub-par corners?  Could be a big reason Arob has seen so many more targets then Burton.   

4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

To be fair, though, who else were they going to get with the second overall pick?  Mahomes? Watson?

Watson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FooserX said:

Watching the game last night, Trubisky was abominable. The announcers and Half time crew could not say that enough. He's not going through his reads...

That said...what I don't get, is how dominant Trey was in the preseason. Trubisky was totally keying in on him every game...that's why I thought Burton was an upcomming gem. Now it's like Trubisky only has eyes for A-Rob.

Not sure he's worth dropping at this point, as every TE at this level is just TD dependent each week.

look, i'd be a gotdamn lying foo' if i came up in here saying i was pleased/not a tad concerned. 

hell, after two weeks, sure - i feel kinda hornswaggled/Shanghai-ed/bamboozled, even ... but, there is no effin' way i'm bailing.   

i will go down with the S.S. Burton.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Anyone dropping Burton?

I'll hold until bye week.    But unless I see something different from the offense,  I'll drop him.  

Running all the routes like a Kelce or Ertz but T-nothrow-bisky is hampering his floor, ceiling always there.

So I'll see how Mitch does two more weeks.  Also curious how his production looks when Chicago is down at halftime and not trying to just hold on for two quarters.

I'd even be semi-ok if For a-rob only eyes was the best way to win for the team...but it's just not. You can't force the ball to the same dude everytime, even if he is great.

He’s getting open and he’s third on the team in targets.  Still holding for a little while longer to see the offense improves before I jump into the TE streaming waters.

Only worthwhile TE on my WW is OJ Howard and don’t really see a difference between the two right now.

6 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He’s getting open and he’s third on the team in targets.  Still holding for a little while longer to see the offense improves before I jump into the TE streaming waters.

Only worthwhile TE on my WW is OJ Howard and don’t really see a difference between the two right now.

And they have the same bye week.

38 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I'd even be semi-ok if For a-rob only eyes was the best way to win for the team...but it's just not. You can't force the ball to the same dude everytime, even if he is great.

Trubisky made two bad throws to AR that resulted in INTs, but they weren’t bad reads. Trubisky missed him on an out. As a whole AR caught 10/14 targets.

Can anyone actually explain how targeting AR hurt the offense?

13 minutes ago, taobball said:

Trubisky made two bad throws to AR that resulted in INTs, but they weren’t bad reads. Trubisky missed him on an out. As a whole AR caught 10/14 targets.

Can anyone actually explain how targeting AR hurt the offense?

I don't know lol. Looks to me like Trubisky was trying to stay away from SEA LB's all night lol. Geez.

1 hour ago, bgar15 said:

Anyone dropping Burton?

They were talking on the radio how awful Trubisky has looked with Nagy  calling plays.  I think it's too early to drop, but pick up someone who's producing.  The problem, there's only a few TE's in the league you can confidently play every week.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

They were talking on the radio how awful Trubisky has looked with Nagy  calling plays.  I think it's too early to drop, but pick up someone who's producing.  The problem, there's only a few TE's in the league you can confidently play every week.

Are you listening to Chicago Sports Radio?  Consider the messenger.  Boston sports radio sucks but I enjoy listening.  However, when they start talking about the NHL, they are completely and totally out of their league. 

25 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Are you listening to Chicago Sports Radio?  Consider the messenger.  Boston sports radio sucks but I enjoy listening.  However, when they start talking about the NHL, they are completely and totally out of their league. 

WFAN over all 

2 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Anyone dropping Burton?

who are you replacing him with?  do you really have a better option?  i know he hasn't lived up to the hype but really evaluate the situation before making the drop,  are you really better off with the likes of Seals Jones, Doyle, ASJ, etc. or riding it out with Burton?

Just now, Panthor said:

who are you replacing him with?  do you really have a better option?  i know he hasn't lived up to the hype but really evaluate the situation before making the drop,  are you really better off with the likes of Seals Jones, Doyle, ASJ, etc. or riding it out with Burton?

In my case, I have Kittle as well. But seem like guys like Jesse James, OJ Howard, the TE for Seattle (name is currently escaping me) can be serviceable. 

think i'd rather keep Burton over all those guys.  Kittle was basically a no show this last week, James has historically been a streamer and the game script probably helped a lot.  Howard is a great talent but Brate is still around,  and i'm not sold on Dissly just yet, he did nothing till a beyond garbage time TD

58 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I don't know lol. Looks to me like Trubisky was trying to stay away from SEA LB's all night lol. Geez.

Yeah it seemed like Nagys direct game plan to win on the outside. Trubisky was 14/16 in the second half. They didn’t run much despite the lead. This was the game plan today.  I don’t know when it’ll feature Burton more

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

I'll hold until bye week. 

The problem is that Burton's best chance of success is AFTER the bye week.  Give Trubisky some time to settle down and then possibly Nagy makes adjustments during the bye.

If you dont have Ertz, Gronk or Kelce on your team its a total crapshoot everywhere else.  Sure theres a tiny tier of TE just after them in the Cook, Graham and Engram. Burton could be right below or in the middle there.  Its really not worth the headache though if you got him play him  and enjoy watching Mitchy T all year. 

Edited by Zak0221

10 hours ago, youngrice said:

Not making excuses for Burton but correct me if I'm wrong doesn't Seattle and GB have very good Lb's and Safety's with Sub-par corners?  Could be a big reason Arob has seen so many more targets then Burton.   

Seattle normally has good LBs but Bobby Wagner AND KJ Wright were both out on MNF.  Tribs didn't look great last night, but hopefully Nagy adjusts.  I'd like to see more play action and rollouts personally.

Be happy he got the shovel pass Td but I rather have owned rudolph. At least us burton owners got a td. What do olsen and walker owners have but a bunch of meh. Jesse James the game script called for that and with san fran going to kc for a shootout kittle in theory should be in for a nice week so this week its kittle over burton if I own both. i see Burton for the season at prob 600 yards and 5 tds. Meh oh well. 

6 hours ago, Nap Time said:

The problem is that Burton's best chance of success is AFTER the bye week.  Give Trubisky some time to settle down and then possibly Nagy makes adjustments during the bye.

Sure...but I’m not going to roster 2 TE just to wait on him.   If Burton shows something in the next 2 games, I’ll either go a week with no TE or feel he’s good enough to merit dropping someone else for a 1 game TE.

But if it’s a couple of 5 point outputs,  I’ll drop him with the possibility of picking him back up the next week.

I might definitely regret it but I value my back up RBs and WRs more.   As of now anyway.