Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Great matchup too in a game where they will need to throw - feel good about this one too.  If he can get more than 4 targets, liking his outlook for Sunday.

• Like 1

The Pats LB's are big/slow in coverage, if Nagy schemes creative ways to get Burton against these guys (lining him up as Hback, etc) then look out this week!

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Allen Robinson was also downgraded to DNP today with a groin injury. Potential for more Burton targets in a sweet match-up.

41 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Allen Robinson was also downgraded to DNP today with a groin injury. Potential for more Burton targets in a sweet match-up.

That's good news...I've only seen one Bears game this season and in that game I'm pretty sure Trubisky targeted ARob at least 50 times.

Fire him up!! No Allen Robinson it looks like this week.  He needs targets!!

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The Pats LB's are big/slow in coverage, if Nagy schemes creative ways to get Burton against these guys (lining him up as Hback, etc) then look out this week!

Nagy has shown no creative play making ability to date.  I doubt that would change now.

After all the preseason hype, Trey Burton is being underrated. Many experts have him outside of the top 10 TE's? He's got 3 TD's in the past 4 weeks, and will only get more targets as he builds chemistry with Trubisky. Arob and Howard hurt/sucking also helps his cause going forward. If you can buy low on this guy, I would.

Edited by twistedude
  • Like 1

He hasn’t even had a huge game yet or broken out but his numbers show that .....He is who we thought he was! With Trubes showing signs of life recently... Burton’s looking mighty good ROS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, herschel said:

Nagy has shown no creative play making ability to date.  I doubt that would change now.

What are you talking about? Clearly you haven't watched any games never seen a Bears offense this creative. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, herschel said:

One of trey’s tds came on a shovel passes. Nagy runs other gimmick plays as well. I’m not a fan of Nagy, but you certainly can’t complain about a lack of creativity in his offense. Watch Mike McCoy in Arizona if you want to see an offense lacking creativity. 

Edited by Bill_Buckner
Poor wording resulting in a lack of clarity.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill_Buckner said:

Ummm trey’s tds are coming on shovel passes and other gimmick plays. I’m not a fan of Nagy, but you certainly can’t complain about a lack of creativity in his offense. Watch Mike McCoy in Arizona if you want to see an offense lacking creativity. 

How many other gimmick plays resulted in Burton TDs?

I didn’t mean Burton was the beneficiary of all the gimmick plays. Just saying that Nagy is not running a vanilla offense. Running a shovel pass to a TE is creative enough. 

Burton has 2 shovel pass tds on the season, that is good creative useage that I like to see, he also had 1 deep TD pass. But I would like to see Mitch find him down the seam and make it through his progressions better.  Targets are also a little low, 6-8 targets a game would be acceptable but he really only gets 2-6.

This guy gets wide open all the time, running a lot of routes and doing his job but Trubisky only really looks at him when he's the primary read. Like most of his passes honestly. They are clearly giving Trubs a fairly easy game plan to follow and so we really only see Burton targeted when his number is called, per se. I can see him being a bigger part of the offense with ARob out though and he's given the coaching staff no reason not to draw him up more opportunities. The Kelce role absolutely exists in this offense though clearly it's not part of the playbook they've used--yet. Would 2-4 more touches a game and a Burton breakout really surprise anyone at this point?

If you drafted him this year as your starting TE and played him every week there's a good chance you've often won that positional matchup so far this year. He's been good but not great. As a Burton owner I'll take it. And I think it's not long before we are getting the game changer we drafted--why not this week against the 8th-worst against TEs Pats in a potential shootout? Don't act surprised when it happens!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Yep - this is the game we all saw in the preseason.

Glad I didn't dump.

Likewise.  I just about dumped this guy so many times this season.   Trubisky is finally looking like a legit quarterback.  Burton could have a huge second half.  

• Like 1

Almost dropped this guy but glad I kept. Now i'll just have a dilemma between him and kittle every week. Mitch is starting to come along so burton should continue to eat

Edited by spidybl

TEs are just so bad this year that pretty much everyone who drafted Burton was probably still starting him.  It was really nice to see this performance.  We all know what he's capable of and who can't be at least moderately impressed by how fast Trubisky's growth as a qb has been? This is all very good news for Burton's ROS outlook, which so happens to be, when it counts.

Cheers!  

18 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

TEs are just so bad this year that pretty much everyone who drafted Burton was probably still starting him.  It was really nice to see this performance.  We all know what he's capable of and who can't be at least moderately impressed by how fast Trubisky's growth as a qb has been? This is all very good news for Burton's ROS outlook, which so happens to be, when it counts.

Cheers!  

12 team league and I have started him every week.  I had no choice (sans bye week).

He's I think 3rd TE in my league, spent $1 in auction.  In contrast, Gronk went for $14 ($100 cap).

He's doing just fine.