Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Just keep starting him so that you don't miss out on his boom games. At the end of the season you get a top 10 TE finish guaranteed. In two leagues I'm streaming TEs and while putting lots of effort into the weekly research, I got next to nothing out of it.

Who knows, maybe this was the start of a special connection between Trubs and Burton and he finishes top 5 among TEs. I wouldn't bet against it.

It should be like this all the time especially if your coach wants to chuck it 50 times a game..

His route running and hands are just below Ertz. He's open all the time!

Still, I am seeing some real concerns that Bisky has not progressed--maybe even regressed. His ball placement is really poor.

Most leagues you've gotta hold tight given the TE landscape, but this might be a sell-high situation?

• Like 1

Bout time for the explosion. Thank God i held him. I think this is the beginning of a trend for trub and Burton, the connection is their. Hopefully he realizes Burton is the best pass catcher on this team lol imo I believe he is

20 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Bout time for the explosion. Thank God i held him. I think this is the beginning of a trend for trub and Burton, the connection is their. Hopefully he realizes Burton is the best pass catcher on this team lol imo I believe he is

Yeah.  I don't expect these types of games but it would be nice to be able to count on him for double digits without having to score a TD.

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Yeah.  I don't expect these types of games but it would be nice to be able to count on him for double digits without having to score a TD.

Yeah i agree, i wouldnt be surprised if i get a dud, the ros schedule looks nice, trub is still on waivers not sure how much faab i want to blow on him to pair with Burton, anyone else eyeing Trub? Or has him? Wouldnt mind the stack.

56 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I wouldn't look too much into this game.  Pats had Gabriel and Robinson locked down.  Pats tend to give up opps to the opposing TE. 

On the other hand, it was nice to see so you can not completely discount it. 

More fantasy points than Gronk!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

This game should show Trubisky that he can trust Burton with a heavier target share downfield.  Faster than LB's, bigger than DB's & excellent hands should equal more targets. I don't expect Burton to have 9 catches again this year, but 4-50 should be his floor from here. 

26 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

If the Gronk owner in your league was willing to trade Burton for Gronk straight up, would you do it? 

I would have before the Gronk injury just off yards and the upside Gronk gives. But not now given the huge Burton game and the injury to Gronk.  I could see someone make the trade but I personally wouldn't.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

44 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

If the Gronk owner in your league was willing to trade Burton for Gronk straight up, would you do it? 

No.  Health biggest concern.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

i traded my gronk, dj, lamar miller for gordon, burton and alex collins. i thought burton was a step down but now he's proving me wrong and actually been more consistent than gronk. looks like trubisky go to guy

Riding this horsie bareback the rest of the season.  No more bye weeks.  The Trey Burton situation is trending up.  Still, I hestitate to get over excited.  At this point, 10 points a week will do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Riding this horsie bareback the rest of the season.  No more bye weeks.  The Trey Burton situation is trending up.  Still, I hestitate to get over excited.  At this point, 10 points a week will do.

The defense is starting to show holes and Trubisky is not very accurate going downfield.  

A beatwriter did say about 2 weeks ago that the relationship/trust between Burton and Trub was starting to really grow and take off so this is probably what we are seeing.

The guy is honestly a mis-match for most defenses.  Too fast and big for LBs/safties and has some excellent hands.  Hopefully they will continue to build on this but he just flashed his upside and potential when they feed him.

Edited by ludawg23

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

The defense is starting to show holes and Trubisky is not very accurate going downfield.  

A beatwriter did say about 2 weeks ago that the relationship/trust between Burton and Trub was starting to really grow and take off so this is probably what we are seeing.

The guy is honestly a mis-match for most defenses.  Too fast and big for LBs/safties and has some excellent hands.  Hopefully they will continue to build on this but he just flashed his upside and potential when they feed him.

Cool.  I had BuBu plugged into my TE spot for the rest of the year unless I find something magical.  Hope this trend continues - I sure do not mind.

I’m holding for one more week. If he doesn’t get more targets I’m gonna hafta to look for an alternative

Was hoping for more targets but way better than streaming. He gets redzone looks and has the potential to put up big yardage days. 

To be fair Mitch only completed 12 passes lol. But this is definitely a spread the wealth offense. All in all considering the TE landscape I can’t understand how anyone would drop him.  I have J Reed in my redraft and I would kill for someone like burton to be dropped..

• Like 1

Hopefully he can keep getting redzone looks. More targets would be nice though dude is definitely talented.

6 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

I picked up Doyle as insurance lol

Smart move.  I’d probably take Doyle over Burton ROS