Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Smart move.  I’d probably take Doyle over Burton ROS

hmm its pretty close, Doyle still has Ebron but I def trust Luck more than Mitch thats for sure

Definitely trying to trade out of this guy (targets are Kittle then Doyle)....just can't handle these low targets, so frustrating considering how talented he is.  I don't think I can win in the playoffs with 2 or 3 targets to my TE.

7 hours ago, FANattic86 said:

I picked up Doyle as insurance lol

I just did the same thing.  Seems like Doyle will be a more integral part of the Indy offense than Burton will be in Chicago, but still holding Burton.

Holding but not starting.  Hate carrying 2 TEs tho.  Think I'd rather drop this grenade onto waivers and possibly watch my opponent put up 2 catches on 3 targets (cool story)

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

Just now, SuperMarksBros. said:

Holding but not starting.  Think I'd rather drop this grenade onto waivers and possibly watch my opponent put up 2 catches on 3 targets

With TE being so thin this year who do you even drop him for?  The guy from the Broncos maybe, but there's nobody else.  At least he gets looks in the RZ.  He's my only TE, so I can't really see dropping him.  

1 minute ago, humanpuck said:

With TE being so thin this year who do you even drop him for?  The guy from the Broncos maybe, but there's nobody else.  At least he gets looks in the RZ.  He's my only TE, so I can't really see dropping him. 

Team dependent.  Some people are carrying him and also grabbed a Howard or Uzomah off waivers.  That bench spot might be better used on a RB or WR stash.  Just when when you're ready to finally pull the trigger, the guy gets in the end zone.

Question to be people who have followed the bears this year. Is Butons low production because of Trubisky/Nagy or is because Burton just isn’t that good?

You guys do realize Chicago only attempted 20 passes, completed twelve of those, and for a whopping 135 yards. All pass catchers were low targets, low yards. Trubisky locks onto Trey when it counts. 

10 hours ago, lla887 said:

Smart move.  I’d probably take Doyle over Burton ROS

10 hours ago, FANattic86 said:

I picked up Doyle as insurance lol

Have both, rolling with Doyle. Can't pull the trigger on dropping Burton, though. Ugh.

2 hours ago, lla887 said:

Question to be people who have followed the bears this year. Is Butons low production because of Trubisky/Nagy or is because Burton just isn’t that good?

Burton is awesome. Outside of Ertz, I have not seen a TE run routes like him and consistently--if not constantly-- get open wide open.

Problem is all on Bisky, I thought he was turning the corner but lately he's been back to 1 read and then takes his eyes off downfield. His footwork is sloppy and his accuracy/ball placement is very poor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Burton is awesome. Outside of Ertz, I have not seen a TE run routes like him and consistently--if not constantly-- get open wide open.

Problem is all on Bisky, I thought he was turning the corner but lately he's been back to 1 read and then takes his eyes off downfield. His footwork is sloppy and his accuracy/ball placement is very poor.

^ this

3 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Holding but not starting.  Hate carrying 2 TEs tho.  Think I'd rather drop this grenade onto waivers and possibly watch my opponent put up 2 catches on 3 targets (cool story)

This is ridiculous. Now is not the time of a fantasy season to stash two TEs, unless you have two elite TEs and can flex one, or are actively trying to trade your extra away. And it’s certainly not the time to toss a top 6 TE onto waivers during a year where TE is a wasteland.

Burton is a start and forget EVERY WEEK unless you drafted Ertz, Kelce, or Gronk (but injured now!), or have either Kittle or Doyle to decide between. Jared Cook and Ebron are both coming back to earth and I’d rather have Burton weekly over guys like Rudolph, Njoku, Howard, Hooper, graham, and reed. 

So he’s a top 6 guy ROS who through 8 games has given owners 5 TDs, 4 (I’ll soft call and say 5 for this week’s 9.8 in 0.5 ppr) double digit outings and only 2 weeks where he’s really flopped. For context, over this same stretch, kittle, gronk, and Kelce

have all also had 1-2 outings of <5 points. 

He is maintaining this consistency with limited receptions, given his talent and ease to create separation, and because he’s a primary path to the endzone through the air for trubisky. Top 6 ROS with upside if the game plan ever decides to push more volume through the air. 

Stop being gun shy, and if you have a legitimately better TE option, than trade one of them. 

Edited by shaman0610

I'd take OJ Howard and possibly Olsen over this guy. Definitely also the top 3 and Kittle.

Burton's the #7 scoring TE in standard. So right around there.

Edited by LongBalls

30 minutes ago, shaman0610 said:

This is ridiculous. Now is not the time of a fantasy season to stash two TEs, unless you have two elite TEs and can flex one, or are actively trying to trade your extra away. And it’s certainly not the time to toss a top 6 TE onto waivers during a year where TE is a wasteland.

Burton is a start and forget EVERY WEEK unless you drafted Ertz, Kelce, or Gronk (but injured now!), or have either Kittle or Doyle to decide between. Jared Cook and Ebron are both coming back to earth and I’d rather have Burton weekly over guys like Rudolph, Njoku, Howard, Hooper, graham, and reed. 

So he’s a top 6 guy ROS who through 8 games has given owners 5 TDs, 4 (I’ll soft call and say 5 for this week’s 9.8 in 0.5 ppr) double digit outings and only 2 weeks where he’s really flopped. For context, over this same stretch, kittle, gronk, and Kelce

have all also had 1-2 outings of <5 points. 

He is maintaining this consistency with limited receptions, given his talent and ease to create separation, and because he’s a primary path to the endzone through the air for trubisky. Top 6 ROS with upside if the game plan ever decides to push more volume through the air. 

Stop being gun shy, and if you have a legitimately better TE option, than trade one of them. 

Forgot to add Olson to this. He’s above Burton ROS, just around/after the tier 1 dudes. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:06 PM, shaman0610 said:

If your league stops transactions during the playoffs, you need 2 on your playoff roster because of injury.  And with TE a wasteland, now is not the time to drop a decent TE like Rudolph, Njoku, Vance McDonald.

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

If your league stops transactions during the playoffs, you need 2 on your playoff roster because of injury.  And with TE a wasteland, now is not the time to drop a decent TE like Rudolph, Njoku, Vance McDonald.

LIke I said in my prior post that you quoted, it's not worth stashing extra TEs that you have no interest or ability in starting unless they are good enough that they are worth trading or you actually have reason to be starting them in the near future. And, TE1s definitely fall into that picture of "don't drop," like both of us said. 

I can totally see teams that are making playoff pushes, have two low-end TE1's on their roster and plan to play matchups with both. I have nothing against that at all. My post was originally a response to a person wanting to drop Trey Burton onto waivers, which I think we both agree is bananas. 

Edited by shaman0610

The guy has been pretty damn consistent.  Most of that looks fluke on his game logs with his low target average.  Still, this guy is one of the more talented TEs in the league and there is a decent possibility he catches fire heading into the playoffs. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

Was able to pick up Doyle via trade without including Burton so I'll be playing the matchup game with my TEs for the rest of the season.  Although I'm starting Doyle this week cause he's shiny and new and I have a "feeling" which of course means Burton is gonna score 20.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luckystrike7 said:

Was able to pick up Doyle via trade without including Burton so I'll be playing the matchup game with my TEs for the rest of the season.  Although I'm starting Doyle this week cause he's shiny and new and I have a "feeling" which of course means Burton is gonna score 20.  

No worries, my bad vibes will counterbalance yours, as I’m going the opposite way and rolling with Burton.  We’ll see who is the bigger jinx ?

The WRs and especially Bisky emerging will only free up the middle part of the field for Burton. He's always on the field and involved in the game plan, the same can't be said for many other TD dependent TEs...I think some very nice games are still on the horizon for Burton.