Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Hoping next week he can repeat that 9 for 126 again and a td game ;) won't hold my breath. He is good talentwise but the bears seem to have a lot of weapons right now. Minnesota is average against the tight end but great against receivers so hopefully that means he can get it going

People who talked about dropping him must play in 6 team leagues, because Graham, Njoku, Doyle, did nothing.   This offense is crazy though and they can score points so Burton always has a chance at a TD.

1 minute ago, mortman212 said:

People who talked about dropping him must play in 6 team leagues, because Graham, Njoku, Doyle, did nothing.   This offense is crazy though and they can score points so Burton always has a chance at a TD.

lol

they all expect kelce and ertz results in a 12 teamer

• Like 2

Boring Burton and his 4 targets a game.  That being said, fluke or not, you can't be too upset with his weekly production.  

He almost always finds a way to contribute to the cause, this time by having a 2 point conversion supplement an average yardage day. More volume would be better but you can't complain about the results when he was drafted as a back end TE1 and is producing as a mid-level TE1.

Now that Shaheen is returning I’m gonna have a real hard time starting him ROS. Borderline TE1/2...hasn’t lived up to the hype (except for 2 games) & TD’s have saved other brutal stat lines. Can’t drop, but can’t really start with confidence either

On 11/17/2018 at 12:22 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Now that Shaheen is returning I’m gonna have a real hard time starting him ROS. Borderline TE1/2...hasn’t lived up to the hype (except for 2 games) & TD’s have saved other brutal stat lines. Can’t drop, but can’t really start with confidence either

Ertz  scored 1.5 points tonight

TEs gonna TE, Burton has a legit shot at scoring every week, don’t really understand any complaints or hesitations

Edited by lolcopter

100% catch rate tonight, STUD

But on the real I hope everyone has learned their lesson to never draft a guy being thrown to by Mitch 'one read' Trubisky, dude just doesnt have it

Burton had 9-126-1 vs NE. In the 4 games since, he has 10-95-1 TOTAL. He’s droppable if you need bench space. Not living up to the preseason hype at all

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

100% catch rate tonight, STUD

But on the real I hope everyone has learned their lesson to never draft a guy being thrown to by Mitch 'one read' Trubisky, dude just doesnt have it

20 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Burton had 9-126-1 vs NE. In the 4 games since, he has 10-95-1 TOTAL. He’s droppable if you need bench space. Not living up to the preseason hype at 

"dude just doesn't have it" sure, when the offensive scheme tells you to read the first route or run, Ya. Everybody knew this was a tough matchup for anybody on both Chicago/Minn offensive players. What were you all expecting??? 

Droppable for who?? Nick Vannette? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

"dude just doesn't have it" sure, when the offensive scheme tells you to read the first route or run, Ya. Everybody knew this was a tough matchup for anybody on both Chicago/Minn offensive players. What were you all expecting??? 

Droppable for who?? Nick Vannette? 

He attempted 3 passes over 10 yards today and two of them were interceptions... 

He's certainly not the worst QB in the league mainly due to his running ability but as a passer I think it's pretty fair to say he is definitely below average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Burton had 9-126-1 vs NE. In the 4 games since, he has 10-95-1 TOTAL. He’s droppable if you need bench space. Not living up to the preseason hype at all

MBGA. . . Make Burton Great Again

• Like 1

TE position in a nutshell. Considering Burton's above average TD production and high big play ratio, you just have to keep rolling with him. Ertz, who is on pace for the TE reception record, had a dud too. Burton is a top 10 TE and flip flopping TEs will only cause you to miss his boom weeks. It's just like the people who benched Mike Evans and TY Hilton after a couple of bad weeks, only to miss out on their inevitable boom.

• Like 1

Hate this guy as well.  He's one of the more talented receiving tight ends in the league but his usage is consistently poor.  He gets by with tds mostly but they always seem just a bit fluke as his targets are so low.  You're hoping he gets hot heading into the playoffs and while that's not out of the question due to his talent and the rather successful Bears offense, I think it's unlikely. 

Shaheen returned this week and didn't play much but did manage to steal a 2 pt conversion from Burton. This could be an unwelcome sign for Burton owners.  With each passing week, Shaheen will play more.  By week 14, who knows how the snaps will be split?  Shaheen was a 2nd round draft pick last year and is a superior blocker and not a bad receiver either.  I just think Burton's targets are so dreadful now, what will they be with more of a timeshare with Shaheen? 

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

TE position in a nutshell. Considering Burton's above average TD production and high big play ratio, you just have to keep rolling with him. Ertz, who is on pace for the TE reception record, had a dud too. Burton is a top 10 TE and flip flopping TEs will only cause you to miss his boom weeks. It's just like the people who benched Mike Evans and TY Hilton after a couple of bad weeks, only to miss out on their inevitable boom.

I don't think that's a valid comparison.   I don't think anyone was benching Evans or Hilton.   They were still getting targets.

That being said, with the TE landscape, it will be hard to pick one up off waivers that I'd want to start over Burton.

But like mikeflavaz said, Shaheen coming back is very concerning.   Any targets taken away from Burton will significantly affect his production.  

I don't expect to find someone I'll start over Burton but that doesn't mean I won't be looking.

No idea why they had him blocking literally all night long...extraordinarily frustrating...it just appears to be game plan specific on whether he will be featured as the 1st read...which is clearly important for an up and down Bisky. All that said, I would think he's getting back on track turkey day morning v DET.

Shaheen picked up a concussion on that 2 pt conversion. 2nd concussion in 2 years, and couldn't stay healthy otherwise as well. Shaheen was picked as a TE in an OL body for the John Fox ground and pound offense. He is quite athletic for his size, but nothing like Burton, who is a perfect match for Nagy's spread offense. Btw Shaheen is very raw coming from a small schoolI. Bottom line, I'd be much more worried about Burton's usage than Shaheen. That said, Nagy usually makes the effort to get Burton involved, especially in the redzone. Weeks like that happen to all TEs, even to Kelce and Ertz.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frog34 said:

Jesus who the hell was benching Mike Evans or TY Hilton?? Would love to be in a league with them.

With regards to Burton, I really don’t think you can drop him at this point in the season. Even with his production issues, the Bears have been rolling and are gearing up to make their first playoff run since 2010 I believe. I definitely wouldn’t divest in one of their top end zone targets this close to the fantasy playoffs. I doubt you’ll be able to find any better TE options on the waivers.

I don’t own him in any leagues, but if I see him getting dropped I’m 100% putting in a claim for the TE depth alone.

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

Hate this guy... rather have mo allie-cox... his name is cooler

I’m keeping him as my backup to Hooper because there is nobody better on the WW. If there was somebody available I’d probably make a move

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

Hate this guy... rather have mo allie-cox... his name is cooler

literally lol'd