Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

16 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Yes. If you need a TE this week only Everett is no help. Heading toward the playoffs I roster two TEs. Dropped Burton for Everett to pair with my other TE. 

Probably gonna regret that

17 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Yes. If you need a TE this week only Everett is no help. Heading toward the playoffs I roster two TEs. Dropped Burton for Everett to pair with my other TE. 

That's a wash. TE's in that offense are at the bottom of the pecking order, even in the redzone. At least Burton has TD upside, and has some plays drawn up for him. 

I picked up Brate and I think I am going to start him over Burton this week.  Like someone mentioned a little earlier, I am just a little worried that after toughing it out with him the past 4 weeks I will miss his blow up game. 

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Probably gonna regret that

Why? It’s a sensible move. Actually, I regret not having dropped Burton for Everett 3 weeks ago. Over the last 3 weeks-

Everett: 11/8/112/3. 

Burton: 8/7/77/1

7 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

That's a wash. TE's in that offense are at the bottom of the pecking order, even in the redzone. At least Burton has TD upside, and has some plays drawn up for him. 

Everett doesn’t have TD upside? He has 3 TDs in the last two weeks on a top 3 offense, and may have just made a case for being more involved going forward. 

44 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Why? It’s a sensible move. Actually, I regret not having dropped Burton for Everett 3 weeks ago. Over the last 3 weeks-

Everett: 11/8/112/3

Burton: 8/7/77/1

Dropping TE7 overall for TE19 is sensible? Okay then

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

while i'm with you being pro-burton (over everett), that's not really a fair comparison. jared cook is still TE 6 and cameron brate is 26 and we'd drop cook for brate in a second. doyle is TE 33 but he won't be for much longer...

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Everett doesn’t have TD upside? He has 3 TDs in the last two weeks on a top 3 offense, and may have just made a case for being more involved going forward. 

i couldn't make the drop (burton for everett), though i stared at the waiver for a while considering it. it's been tough watching burton play, watching the offense pass and burton not doing much... ever other week we do see the shovel pass nagy took from the chiefs, so there's that... really, i don't want either at this point, but i don't see everett ascending, only some positive use based on game script (and kupp's injury). if monday night's game hadn't been the game-to-end-all-games, everett might've been back to where he was last month: 1 catch for -5 yards.

i'm tempted to play heuerman, jonnu smith, ed dickson, lance kendricks, or even mo alie-cox over these guys, but in the end burton seems like the best play to me, possibly made better with chase daniel's noodle-arm incapable of reaching arob or amiller

41 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Using that logic, I guess you wouldn’t drop TJ Yeldon for either Aaron Jones or Nick Chubb. 

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Using that logic, I guess you wouldn’t drop TJ Yeldon for either Aaron Jones or Nick Chubb. 

Jones and Chubb are already owned in 90+% of leagues

don't act all surprised when someone else picks him up and Burton dumps all over your team is all I’m saying

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Jones and Chubb are already owned in 90+% of leagues

don't act all surprised when someone else picks him up and Burton dumps all over your team is all I’m saying

That’s a possibility, but I think most of us who dropped Burton for Brate are looking at the history & potential of Winston-Brate. The production of Burton hasn’t come close to the preseason hype. It’s not Burton’s fault because he’s an excellent athlete, he just isn’t ever schemed into the game. Nagy’s infatuation with Cohen has made Burton an afterthought

• Like 1

He hasn't lived up to the summer hype so he hasn't been the steal we hoped he would be-but he has essentially met his draft price. He was drafted as the 9th-10th TE and is 7th right now. 

6 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

He hasn't lived up to the summer hype so he hasn't been the steal we hoped he would be-but he has essentially met his draft price. He was drafted as the 9th-10th TE and is 7th right now. 

He should have been drafted as the 9th or 10th TE but that's generally not where he went.

My guess is that a large % of people took him as the 5 or 6 TE off the board. 

32 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He should have been drafted as the 9th or 10th TE but that's generally not where he went.

My guess is that a large % of people took him as the 5 or 6 TE off the board. 

Wow, well that explains some of the anger over him. The hype was with him but Kittle and Howard went even later and emerged as stars so there were late bloomers, it just wasn't Kittle.

He is a bit of a disappointment under any scenario, to be sure. From summer talk of 1,000 yards to 4-5 targets a game is not what anyone had in mind but he isn't a bust.

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Wow, well that explains some of the anger over him. The hype was with him but Kittle and Howard went even later and emerged as stars so there were late bloomers, it just wasn't Kittle.

He is a bit of a disappointment under any scenario, to be sure. From summer talk of 1,000 yards to 4-5 targets a game is not what anyone had in mind but he isn't a bust.

Agree that he's not a bust.   And I'm not really angry about it but after the summer hype and his preseason usage, I was hoping to get a TE with a solid floor and top 5 upside.

This is not a Trey problem this is a Mitch and system problem, Mitch is good for fantasy but a bad QB, he is a mix of Bortles and Kapernaeck.  Trey has some of the best routes and he is more open than most TE's in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

This is not a Trey problem this is a Mitch and system problem, Mitch is good for fantasy but a bad QB, he is a mix of Bortles and Kapernaeck.  Trey has some of the best routes and he is more open than most TE's in the league.

I don't think anyone here is blaming the lack of fantasy production on Burton.   

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

Agree that he's not a bust.   And I'm not really angry about it but after the summer hype and his preseason usage, I was hoping to get a TE with a solid floor and top 5 upside.

Same here. I was looking at him as a value with upside and a high floor. It turned out Kittle, who I believe was being drafted a spot or two after Burton, was that guy.

Edited by Ace_King

Anyone feel that Burton will get more targets with the back up QB Chase Daniels (now that Trubisky is officially out) with dump off passes or is that wishful thinking and more likely to go to Tarik Cohen? 

I sure he’s going to look better with Chase at the helm, however I won’t be surprised when he gets hung out and subsequently laid out. I just hope he gets a TD first .

Edited by Krambone

21 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Gerald Everett. Similar floor, better offense, more upside, trending up.

Then drop him for Everett. I disagree with more upside.. Burton still has a ton of upside. Everett vs Burton past five weeks. Case can be made for both, but you don't need to keep trying to justify your move. Both teams have a ton of mouths to feed and can't pinpoint who will be the one to eat. One thing I will say is Nagy has plenty of designed plays for Burton, the targets are there.. It's all if Trubisky can just get him the ball. 

1/-5 vs SF

1/22 vs GB

3/48 vs NO

2/15/1 vs Seattle

3/49/2 vs KC 

9/126/1 vs NE

3/18 vs Jets

2/28/1 vs Bills

4/40 vs DET 

1/9 vs MINN

Leaning towards starting him over Brate, but only because I’m staying with family and need some excitement this morning....