Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

honestly have no clue what to expect today, am starting him in one league and sitting him for Brate in another.

last game he was used more as a blocker, and I thought he was quite good at it - which is good and bad for fantasy value (good because it means he never leaves the field, bad b/c he might be used more as a blocker for future games)

Maybe he's used more as a short option for Chase today, although I am completely ignorant to Chase's game. Trey can win matchups with his speed and route running. I hope he gets some looks today

pray for a td at least

Edited by rahuLL

I am expecting a 5/50 game incoming. Chase Daniel knows this offense very well, ARob will be matched vs Slay, so I figure we will see a lot of Burton/Miller/Cohen

53 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Then drop him for Everett. I disagree with more upside.. Burton still has a ton of upside. Everett vs Burton past five weeks. Case can be made for both, but you don't need to keep trying to justify your move. Both teams have a ton of mouths to feed and can't pinpoint who will be the one to eat. One thing I will say is Nagy has plenty of designed plays for Burton, the targets are there.. It's all if Trubisky can just get him the ball. 

I did drop Burton for Everett, and I’m not trying to justify anything. Someone asked “drop Burton for who?” and I replied Everett, followed up with my rationale. Would you prefer I just ssid “Everett” without any explanation whatsoever?

It’s mostly a gut decision for me. Everett was drafted highly, two years ago, is flashing, has tremendous upside in that offense, and is trending up. Kupp’s injury may have opened the door for Everett (and Reynolds) to be more involved. Sometimes I like taking chances in this silly game, and I’m rolling the dice on Everett to finish the season stronger than Burton. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I did drop Burton for Everett, and I’m not trying to justify anything. Someone asked “drop Burton for who?” and I replied Everett, followed up with my rationale. Would you prefer I just ssid “Everett” without any explanation whatsoever?

It’s mostly a gut decision for me. Everett was drafted highly, two years ago, is flashing, has tremendous upside in that offense, and is trending up. Kupp’s injury may have opened the door for Everett (and Reynolds) to be more involved. Sometimes I like taking chances in this silly game, ad I’m rolling the dice on Everett to finish the season stronger than Burton. 

That said, I don’t blame anyone for preferring Burton.

Everett might have the most raw talent of any tight-end in the league.  Usage is the only concern, really.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

was the fumble bad?  Nice to see they went right back to him - back into the positives!

He had the ball in his hands ,but not tucked away yet, and as he turned to run downfield the DE literally punched the ball out downwards.

The fumble did turn into a TD drive for the Lions but you're right they did turn right back to him

1 hour ago, potatoetree said:

He had the ball in his hands ,but not tucked away yet, and as he turned to run downfield the DE literally punched the ball out downwards.

The fumble did turn into a TD drive for the Lions but you're right they did turn right back to him

Then he dropped one that hit him in the hands after that... He could have had a "decent" day with the opportunity he had but definitely failed himself.

Just now, Kyle87 said:

Then he dropped one that hit him in the hands after that... He could have had a "decent" day with the opportunity he had but definitely failed himself.

But he didnt though

2 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

But he didnt though

He didn't fail?  Sure seemed like he did...

Really put forth some poor effort on the more difficult throws. Really excited to play Gerald everett over him next week I hate having to root for the bears offense.

9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Really put forth some poor effort on the more difficult throws. Really excited to play Gerald everett over him next week I hate having to root for the bears offense.

I noticed that too. Disappointing to see. Terrible game today so not feeling so bad about dropping him. Still interested to see if things turn around for him

6 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

garbage and useless

after this year, I might take Ertz or Kelce in the 2nd round next year

Just take kittle in the 9th or 10th

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

He’ll be long gone by then 

• Like 1

I’d almost rather start Tim Burton at this point. You usually count on that guy to deliver an exciting performance.

1 minute ago, Yceman1234 said:

I’d almost rather start Tim Burton at this point. You usually count on that guy to deliver an exciting performance.

or an overdone overly dramatic garbage performance that makes you go uhhh hes lost it

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

I would take him in the 5th ez, really only TE I can target after Ertz/Kittle/Kelce is Henry

Dont think he's droppable. The TE landscape is so bad. Things didnt go his way today, shouldve been a much better day but he didn't capitalize.

Absolutely droppable. Averaging 3.6ppg in standard over the last 5 weeks. Almost better off playing with no TE, at least then you don't lose your s--- every time this prick drops an easy catch.

• Like 2