Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

14-123-1 total in last 5 games. VERY droppable if you find someone on the WW

2 hours ago, banana said:

Absolutely droppable. Averaging 3.6ppg in standard over the last 5 weeks. Almost better off playing with no TE, at least then you don't lose your s--- every time this prick drops an easy catch.

Standard hes droppable, PPR not so much

31 minutes ago, chief79 said:

So glad I pulled this turd out of the lineup and put in Brate instead.  

i did the same GL

• Thanks 1

Hate this guy.... after watching him play I am not sure why he got a contract he looks out of shape and has no moves... wish I didn't have to look at his .80 in my standard league all weekend...

Yikes what an awful game. He looked mentally out of it. When he wasn't dropping the ball he was committing turnovers and penalties. Full meal deal of shiite today.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I would take him in the 5th ez, really only TE I can target after Ertz/Kittle/Kelce is Henry

Henry probably will be a late round value since he didn't play at all this year. I could see him going around where Jordan Reed was this year and being worth reaching a round or two earlier for, given the mess TE is.

Man, did we fall for that preseason hype...

He was decent in the beginning of the season. Dunno what the hell happened to him the last month.

Dropped him for Brate and wasnt even worried.

This dude is the perfect waiver wire land mine. Drop him to your wire and someone will definitely run to burn FAAB and grab him. You are effectively sabotaging your opponents.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

This dude is the perfect waiver wire land mine. Drop him to your wire and someone will definitely run to burn FAAB and grab him. You are effectively sabotaging your opponents.

Laughable. 

It’s analogous to walking your dog and it pooping on the sidewalk and you  leaving it there.

Most people will just walk right by it.   A small number will pause and think about picking it up because it seems the right thing to do.  But then realize how ridiculous it is to pick up someone else’s dog’s crap.

Maybe some insane homeless dude walks by and grabs it off the ground and rubs it all over his face.

But that’s not the guy you’re worried about in fantasy football.

• Haha 9

20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Laughable. 

It’s analogous to walking your dog and it pooping on the sidewalk and you  leaving it there.

Most people will just walk right by it.   A small number will pause and think about picking it up because it seems the right thing to do.  But then realize how ridiculous it is to pick up someone else’s dog’s crap.

Maybe some insane homeless dude walks by and grabs it off the ground and rubs it all over his face.

But that’s not the guy you’re worried about in fantasy football.

Lol.  

Tell me I’m wrong though.

GD this guy... owning him the equivalent of owning a popcorn fart...I am so mad I keep running him out there... thinking this is the week.... totally agree with super joint... he looked like he's never played football yesterday and doesn't get targets....

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Standard hes droppable, PPR not so much

Right.  Because of all the targets and receptions.  Good call.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

GD this guy... owning him the equivalent of owning a popcorn fart...I am so mad I keep running him out there... thinking this is the week.... totally agree with super joint... he looked like he's never played football yesterday and doesn't get targets....

Trying to imagine exactly what a popcorn fart is. 

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Sorry...I don’t get the analogy.  What is owning a popcorn fart like?

11 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I dont think I own one of those 

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Lol.  

Tell me I’m wrong though.

I dropped him in a competitive league a few weeks ago and he was immediately picked up for not insignificant FAAB dollars. He's had a couple duds since then, however, so maybe the name value isn't even there anymore. I dunno. He's obviously been surfing on draft capital for most of the season.

Edited by LongBalls

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I dont think I own one of those 

Me neither.  And there’s been no clarification.  

But it seems like if you own Burton, you know what it’s like to own a popcorn fart.  Whatever that is.

• Haha 1

I think next season Burton will be good, after building more rapport with Trubiski in their 2nd season together.  There really isn't any Bear receiver or player that has been consistent this season.  That won't be the case next season.

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Oh...well...that’s pretty close then.  Owning Burton is a lot like owning a popcorn fart.  Except it’s not as funny.  Not by a long shot.

• Haha 1