Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

12 hours ago, herschel said:

If you’re not gonna play him, why hold on to him?  Wouldn’t you better served to grab a rb cuff or def/st?  

Absolutely nothing left on WW that can help me.   I have 3 defenses.   

For now I'm holding him in case my starting TE goes down.  

Or if I get in a situation where I'm going to need a miracle 20 point TE day. 

15 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

You would think the game plan features Burton this week. With the Talib back, Peters playing somewhat better, and Donald putting pressure on the QB every play, Trisky will be limited to the middle of the field and short throws..

Right?

*Desperate Burton Owner

Nagy: Right. And that's just what they'll be expecting so we won't do it. 

23 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

If you don't have Ertz or Kelce every other TE is a dud. Gronk has been worse IMO.. I have him in two leagues.. Burton has been far better. Neither has set the world on fire though.. Sad

The main difference between Burton and every other TE outside of the top 2 is ADP. That's it. You didn't even really need to draft any of the other guys.

Edited by LongBalls

10 hours ago, LongBalls said:

This dude is one of those pre-draft hype trains that crashes horribly. Most analysts and insiders loved the guy, which led to a criminally high ADP. He's been pretty much a total dud. You could have streamed all year and probably had a similar result, or better.

It reminds me of the hype Fleener for a few years ago when he went to the Saints. He was similar to Burton in that the hope was you could get a top 5 TE and a top 10 price (although I believe Fleener was going a few rounds earlier than Burton). I suppose the lesson is to be wary of tight ends switching teams?

The sad thing is Kittle and Howard were going shortly after Burton.

Sigh...I might roll him out over Brate if Mitch is definitely playing. FantasyPros sold me, Bears might have to attack the middle of the field more, and the Rams O wont be shut down completely. Starting with minimal confidence

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

Sigh...I might roll him out over Brate if Mitch is definitely playing. FantasyPros sold me, Bears might have to attack the middle of the field more, and the Rams O wont be shut down completely. Starting with minimal confidence

I have the same dilemma. Saints shut down TE's but Brate better chance for a TD I think but who knows

4 minutes ago, josheggers said:

I have the same dilemma. Saints shut down TE's but Brate better chance for a TD I think but who knows

Already dropped Burton for Macdonald lol owned Burton most of the season before dropping him earlier this week. I cant bring myself to do it

• Like 1

For some reason I can't shake the feeling he's gonna have a line similar to what he had against the Patriots earlier this year.  I could also be completely wrong.

2 hours ago, josheggers said:

Yep...driving me insane.

Same as above.  Was thinking no way I'm starting Burton over Brate.   But everyone is pretty down on Brate's matchup.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Same as above.  Was thinking no way I'm starting Burton over Brate.   But everyone is pretty down on Brate's matchup.

Yeah gonna be a last minute choice for me. Burton was better with Trubisky under center and the Rams are bad against TE's which is making me really consider Burton instead. Just can't afford zeros in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Yeah gonna be a last minute choice for me. Burton was better with Trubisky under center and the Rams are bad against TE's which is making me really consider Burton instead. Just can't afford zeros in the playoffs. 

Same.   I'm leaning toward Burton as of now.   Fantasy Pros were down on Brate.  As was the ESPN fantasy guy.  Who in the same article actually liked Burton to have a good game.

• Like 1

This is why FF drives you nuts! Burton has talent but for whatever reason he has been ignored for a few weeks. Now, the QB changes. What happens? Who knows. Can't take another zero in the playoffs but the potential is there for production with the QB change. I have seen nothing lately that makes me think Burton will be relevant other than actually getting more than 1 target this week. I'm not plugged into the Bears local media so if any Chicago homers are out there and know anything please post.

Shaheen for two TD's why cause no one expects it...and heads slam into walls everywhere as Burton posts 2 for 16 line...

Burton sitting on FA in my 14man league . You would think with a QB change and good matchup Burton is due to put up some decent numbers 

My current TE Reed’s ( total dumpster fire ) situation is worse with dirty sanchez at QB 

what to do thoughts ? 

20 minutes ago, jaynice said:

Burton sitting on FA in my 14man league . You would think with a QB change and good matchup Burton is due to put up some decent numbers 

My current TE Reed’s ( total dumpster fire ) situation is worse with dirty sanchez at QB 

what to do thoughts ? 

Add arnold or Ian thomas 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:12 PM, herschel said:

If you’re not gonna play him, why hold on to him?  Wouldn’t you better served to grab a rb cuff or def/st?  

Fantasy spite.

I get it

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Fantasy spite.

I get it

i get it too.  its the only reason i held on to him as long as i did, but i dont think playoff rosters should allow for spite....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

i get it too.  its the only reason i held on to him as long as i did, but i dont think playoff rosters should allow for spite....

Yea, was (mostly) joking...

Mostly. 

I took dude in the 5th.

The Fif!

Made it to 2nd most points scored, 2nd seed, and a bye - so no worries this week.

7/9 positions are pretty much set in stone.  Drafted/kept all but one of those guys.

But next week?  Next week is gonna be tough.  Looking at him or Everett.

Yuck.

Don't know wtf happened with Burton.  He could be a weapon.  ARob and Gabriel really aren't special, and provide no particular mismatch. 

I had faith most of the season that Burton would finish strong.

I don't have that faith anymore. 

It's a crapshoot. 

I will say that he's probably got a higher ceiling than a Brate or Hooper or MacDonald - but his floor is literally nothing.

If you need upside, roll out Burton.

If you need to know you're getting some (any) points, he's probably not a safe option. 

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yea, was (mostly) joking...

Mostly. 

I took dude in the 5th.

The Fif!

Made it to 2nd most points scored, 2nd seed, and a bye - so no worries this week.

7/9 positions are pretty much set in stone.  Drafted/kept all but one of those guys.

But next week?  Next week is gonna be tough.  Looking at him or Everett.

Yuck.

Don't know wtf happened with Burton.  He could be a weapon.  ARob and Gabriel really aren't special, and provide no particular mismatch. 

I had faith most of the season that Burton would finish strong.

I don't have that faith anymore. 

It's a crapshoot. 

I will say that he's probably got a higher ceiling than a Brate or Hooper or MacDonald - but his floor is literally nothing.

If you need upside, roll out Burton.

If you need to know you're getting some (any) points, he's probably not a safe option. 

eh, i actually dont see his upside as being that high.  his one good game (against the pats) came when trubisky threw the ball 50 times and i believe robinson was dinged up.  i dont think a repeat of that game is really on the docket at this point in the season.  i think brate and hooper both have a higher upside than burton.

18 minutes ago, herschel said:

I tried to return Burton to the TE store for a full refund. They asked, "why are you returning such a FF high draft choice?" I said, "for spite." They said, "no refunds for spite." So, I could "rage" drop him but I think Yahoo deducts 10 points off your profile for rage drops. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I happen to have Hooper on the bench and will roll with him. His floor is not zero, like Burton ... ugh.  Also, the Bears TE just off IR seems to be a new fav toy and who knows how that will play out.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, herschel said:

eh, i actually dont see his upside as being that high.  his one good game (against the pats) came when trubisky threw the ball 50 times and i believe robinson was dinged up.  i dont think a repeat of that game is really on the docket at this point in the season.  i think brate and hooper both have a higher upside than burton.

So you don't see this game as possibly having the same script as the NE game?  LAR will find ways to put points up on the scoreboard and Da Bears will be playing keep up.  Also, with Talib back, the perimeter is not where you wanna be chucking the ball too much against the Rams.  Burton is better with Trubisky than Daniels, that;s for certain.  I dunno.....I'm not particularly high on the kid but all the arrows are pointing in his favor to put up numbers in this game.  We'll see...

With the news of Trubs playing, I am rolling with Burton over Brate.  N.O. has been air-tight against TE's this season.