DerrickHenrysCleats

Tennessee Titans 2018 Outlook

Where my Titans fans at? I loved the Evans pick. I'd like to see us grab a receiver that can stretch the field before the draft is over. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tootallball said:

Where my Titans fans at? 

It's just you bud. Godspeed.

• Haha 1

Tennessee has too much talent on offense to be as terrible as they were last year. As a big Titans fan Im expecting them to really break out this year

Edited by cashvillesent

On 1/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, joshua18 said:

Funny thing is that Mularkey quit on Buffalo after 2 years at HC (yes, he did it years before Marrone did) so his whining yesterday about his family doesn't hold much water IMO.

I don't think he should be fired, but the OC and QB coach definitely need to go. 

Mularkey is as stubborn as it gets. And his stuborness got him fired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, 96mnc said:

That defense was absolutely gutted.  Here are the guys they lost early in the year. 

ILB Cushing

3-4 DE Covington 

3-4 DE Watt

OLB Mercilus

That's 4/7ths of your starting front seven.   No defense is going to be able to withstand that.

Having said that,  the article posted above is a nice million mile away analysis of a potential head coaching hire...IF you believe in his 10/3 theory.

All I know is Mularkey was a crappy head coach so it was time to move on to someone else.  Is Vrabel the right guy?  We'll see,  being a head coach is so different than being a coordinator that we really don't know until they get the job.   Hell, just being competent managing the clock and 4th down decision making would put a head coach in the top 10 of the league right away. 

It goes without saying that his coordinator hires are ultimately going to be what decides Vrabel's success, especially the OC hire.

Texans had 20 players injured last year on the defensive side of the ball. Dont care how bad or good you are as a coach you will simply wont ever overcome that

• Thanks 1

They don't scare me at all based on the fact that they beat us twice last year.  They do however scare me a bit based on a potential offensive breakout.  I'll definitely own Mariota on at least one team this year.  Corey Davis as well.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:41 AM, RMJ_12 said:

They don't scare me at all based on the fact that they beat us twice last year.  They do however scare me a bit based on a potential offensive breakout.  I'll definitely own Mariota on at least one team this year.  Corey Davis as well.

Texans and Titans are going to run the division. Jaguars season was a fluke.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Texans and Titans are going to run the division. Jaguars season was a fluke.

Yeah it's always a fluke when you're 2nd in the league in sacks and have one of the top secondaries in the league.

The only fluke was Deshaun Watson's season.

On 6/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, RMJ_12 said:

Yeah it's always a fluke when you're 2nd in the league in sacks and have one of the top secondaries in the league.

Bortles season is a fluke

4 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Bortles season is a fluke

??  That wasn't even his best season lol

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

??  That wasn't even his best season lol

It wasnt based on stats - but he had to win games for them to win. 2015 season is a joke.

51 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

It wasnt based on stats - but he had to win games for them to win. 2015 season is a joke.

You think Blake Bortles is the reason the Jags won 10 games?

6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

You think Blake Bortles is the reason the Jags won 10 games?

Nope. But hes the reason why they made it to the AFC game.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Nope. But hes the reason why they made it to the AFC game.

Truth. Their defense gave up 42 points in the divisional round.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, RMJ_12 said:

Lol bragging about sacks.

Half of those sacks were in one game vs Texans.

Jaguars defense is highly overrated.

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Lol bragging about sacks.

Half of those sacks were in one game vs Texans.

Jaguars defense is highly overrated.

Is it the 2nd in points allowed per game or the 2nd in yards allowed per game you didn't like?  2nd in interceptions? 

Edited by RMJ_12

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Jags d did have a joke of a schedule last year ... they are the best defense in the league, but not this immovable object some like to think 

lit up in the playoffs

By ONE team.  With 3 hall of famers on it.  It's hard not to back off when you're up 28-7 early.  Even the Eagles defense got lit up in the Superbowl.

10 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

By ONE team.  With 3 hall of famers on it.  It's hard not to back off when you're up 28-7 early.  Even the Eagles defense got lit up in the Superbowl.

swept by titans and allowed 37 to TEN, lost to the Jets, gave up 27 to LAR, 27 to AZ, 44 to SF ... this defense is very good - with statistics skewed by the fact they faced half of their schedule against trainwreck offenses. 

i said they are the best defense in the league. they are. they are not invincible however, and most of their best performances were the result of capitalizing on terrible offensive teams. 

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

swept by titans and allowed 37 to TEN, lost to the Jets, gave up 27 to LAR, 27 to AZ, 44 to SF ... this defense is very good - with statistics skewed by the fact they faced half of their schedule against trainwreck offenses. 

i said they are the best defense in the league. they are. they are not invincible however, and most of their best performances were the result of capitalizing on terrible offensive teams. 

The Rams scored 2 special teams TD's so basically the Jags defense shut down the #1 offense in ppg.

People seem to forget that 3 of the Jags top 5 defenders were in their 2nd season.  This defense is on the rise, not looking to regress.

Apparently you don't know much if you think giving up 20 or so points a few times is bad lol.  Minnesota did the same thing.

10 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

The Rams scored 2 special teams TD's so basically the Jags defense shut down the #1 offense in ppg.

People seem to forget that 3 of the Jags top 5 defenders were in their 2nd season.  This defense is on the rise, not looking to regress.

Apparently you don't know much if you think giving up 20 or so points a few times is bad lol.  Minnesota did the same thing.

i'm sorry i'm not drooling over the jaguars defense - the point was your precious jaguars gave up a considerable amount of points to pretty much any half decent offense they faced and the data is skewed by the rest of their schedule being against horrific offenses. i called them the best defense in the league, sorry that wasn;t enough. 

(the vikings gave up over 20 points 4 times by the way... less than JAX. congrats on those epic performances against Indy though.)

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

the point was your precious jaguars gave up a considerable amount of points to pretty much any half decent offense they faced 

Did the first Steelers game not happen? Did the game against the Rams not matter because they lost?  The fact is they literally shut down the best 2 offenses they faced.

I didn't say they were generational.  You called them "highly overrated", but nobody ever said they were legendary or anything.

23 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Did the first Steelers game not happen? Did the game against the Rams not matter because they lost?  The fact is they literally shut down the best 2 offenses they faced.

I didn't say they were generational.  You called them "highly overrated", but nobody ever said they were legendary or anything.

Ive now said they are the best defense in the league several times. They are.

im also saying some of the data is skewed by the fact half of their schedule was played against garbage. It was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Ive now said they are the best defense in the league several times. They are.

im also saying some of the data is skewed by the fact half of their schedule was played against garbage. It was.

My bad, it was somebody else that said they were "highly overrated"

11 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

They got torched by a backup QB, Gabbert