Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

One has to wonder what happens when Adams & Zimmerman return.  He has not been playing 2b.  

out of the lineup today (bummer AL game).

he's played more since coming off DL than I thought he would so far though.

as @kidtwentytwo said, kind of worried about his PT once Zimm/Adams are back.

AL games, DL slot.

NL games, 1st base platoon

Or he finally feels well enough to play 2 B

I was offered him in a trade, and just couldn’t accept... I tried, I wanted too.

Not playing enough

Not doing anything

Not playing 2B at all, and like others have said, RZimm and Adams coming back

33 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Time to drop him? 

I'm holding in my 8 team right now but it is looking like a losing move by the day. it has been 14 games and this guy has to have a long leash IMO, 40+ doubles AND an average way north of .300 is very rare in today's game.

he's not like Eaton where a lot of his value was in his speed cat contribution, but as I noted previously, his overall running ability is SEVERELY diminished now: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard

Murphy's 3 year average was right around 26 ft/sec, he's now under 24 and the slowest non-catcher in the league besides Kendrys Morales.

I'm in an OPS league so I need his 2Bs, and can see them easily cut in half

I think by the end of this post I've realized it's close to drop city for this guy.. But the Nationals just scored 17 runs and need to play better and I can manage holding on the bench for now

Of course when I bench him. But happy to see it. Good to see him plant and generate the lower body power. 

He tried to go first to third and got thrown out.  But. Mooky threw a dart and Murphy didn’t look too awful running. Not 100% of course. 

Let’s see see if he has any soreness or after effects. 

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Of course when I bench him. But happy to see it. Good to see him plant and generate the lower body power. 

He tried to go first to third and got thrown out.  But. Mooky threw a dart and Murphy didn’t look too awful running. Not 100% of course. 

Let’s see see if he has any soreness or after effects. 

Yep we all benched him for that one. But that swing looked like the Murph of old, not just swinging with the hands.

Hopefully the start of a rebound.

I just bought. May regret it and obviously can't rely on him as an everyday bat right now but if these signs of life are real 

He's sitting again today. Ive never had him on my roster before but I obviously know how good of a hitter he can be when healthy. I just hope he returns to that form soon. I've turned down some pretty good offers for him.

[Removed Cool Story] ...hoping he has a big 2nd half and looks like the Murphy of old.

A reason to stick with Murphy unless you get an offer you can't pass on.

June 12 - June 22 (First 33 AB)

Avg. Exit Velocity - 84.3 mph

xwOBA - .269

xSLG - .328

June 23 - July 8th (Next 39 AB)

Avg. Exit Velocity - 88.4 mph

xwOBA - .395

xSLG - .534

FB/LD Exit Velocity has increased 2.4 mph and he's hitting more 21 to 18

Murphy was 4-4 last night but he hit from the 7 hole. With a day game after a night game Murphy is not in the lineup today.

Daniel Murphy has quietly been beasting lately. I have him on a dynasty team and even I didn't notice that he's raised his ba to nearly 280 for the season.

This month he's slashing 339/390/500 in 71 PA.

It's not even really babip driven with a 331 considering he was north of 340 the previous two seasons.

Don't know his defense has been, but dude has been mashing like many thought he could in the second half. Decent chance he improves even further too.

Stormy Daniel(s) Murphy.  You're welcome. I have...too much time on my hand.

Stormy_Daniels_Murphy.png