Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

This is taking a whole lot longer than I anticipated for him to come back. At this rate we won't see him until after June. His absence has shown how valuable he is to the team as their offense has been inconsistent and Harper getting pitched around to. Come back sooooooon please!

He will likely be more valuable in daily lineup leagues ROS.  I would anticipate, like with Zimmerman, that they are not going to be playing Murphy back to back (night then day games) at least initially.  More off days than normal for him moving forward, imo.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:02 AM, Cdub2k said:

http://www.masnsports.com/byron-kerr/2018/05/zimmerman-rendon-murphy-and-eaton-updates.html

This is the latest info I can find on Murphy's progress. It's dated May 6th

“Slow process. They are both frustrated. They want to be on the field. They really do. I like having them around. I really do."

So.......do you really? 

Yeah I've been wasting valuable roster space to hold Murphy while I have Cano at 2B. Really starting to wonder if it's worth it...

56 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

He will likely be more valuable in daily lineup leagues ROS.  I would anticipate, like with Zimmerman, that they are not going to be playing Murphy back to back (night then day games) at least initially.  More off days than normal for him moving forward, imo.

yep may not be a big help is weekly leagues until he's playing full time....which who knows, could by August!

per rotowire he had a 'run heavy' workout prior to game.  Must be encouraging because running is what gave him pain in the knee.

10 hours ago, billofwa said:

per rotowire he had a 'run heavy' workout prior to game.  Must be encouraging because running is what gave him pain in the knee.

Murphy (knee) went through a run-heavy workout before Friday's game against the Diamondbacks, Dan Kolko of MASN Sports reports.

The workout included some sprints to first base, and Kolko indicates it's the best the media has seen from Murphy in his recovery. The veteran second baseman was still experiencing pain in his knee when running at the start of May, and it remains unclear when exactly the 33-year-old will be ready to return.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:22 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

“Slow process. They are both frustrated. They want to be on the field. They really do. I like having them around. I really do."

So.......do you really? 

Yeah I've been wasting valuable roster space to hold Murphy while I have Cano at 2B. Really starting to wonder if it's worth it...

You drafted him at a discount knowing you would have to wait.  If you drop him now he's going to get picked up instantly and the roster space you've spent already is wasted. 

53 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

You drafted him at a discount knowing you would have to wait.  If you drop him now he's going to get picked up instantly and the roster space you've spent already is wasted. 

This, if you have waited this long, don't jump off the train when there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Provided he will be productive upon his return, I'd rather have 2/3rds to 3/4s of a season from Murphy then what's likely available on the wire.

Pitchers List has May 18th as Murphy's return day. 

Is it possible? Christmas in May... 

1 minute ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Pitchers List has May 18th as Murphy's return day. 

Is it possible? Christmas in May... 

Spoke to a Physical Therapist about Murphy. Told me early June was always is real eta and pain when running is normal. 2 more weeks boys.

Daniel Murphy (knee) has reported to the Nationals' spring training complex in West Palm Beach, Florida and could soon begin playing in games.

Murphy joined up with the Nationals in late April to participate in team workouts and appeared to be on the cusp of activation from the disabled list, but he couldn't get over the hump with some of his running drills. He's apparently feeling better now after slowing things down for a week. Still, it's probably going to be late May, or sometime thereafter, before we see his name in Washington's starting lineup. - per rotoworld.

Take your time Murph dawg... don’t want you back until you’re old a$$ is 100%

Aaaaaaand, now he's sick sportsfans.  This guy's got more problems than a stripper.  I'm lobbying for an additional PUP slot next year in my league like they have in football.  Christ, it's baseball, you run 90 feet, just tell Murphdog not to hit any doubles first few weeks

I remember reading a headline during spring training 'Murphy won't commit to opening day'.

26 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Aaaaaaand, now he's sick sportsfans.  This guy's got more problems than a stripper.  I'm lobbying for an additional PUP slot next year in my league like they have in football.  Christ, it's baseball, you run 90 feet, just tell Murphdog not to hit any doubles first few weeks

He might play in extended spring training games tomorrow if he feels better. this is just a minor bump in the road to his recovery.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎21 at 10:07 PM, hgh22 said:

Freakin Ebola or something apparently.

Was literally thinking the exact same thing.  Come on Danny Boy, get goin' already!

This is Ground Control to Major Tom.   Most will be too young to appreciate. ;)

5066.jpg

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Daniel Murphy (knee) will begin a rehab assignment Saturday.

It qualifies as a nice surprise, as Murphy as of earlier this week hadn't been able to play in extended spring training games because he was sick. How many rehab games Murphy will require before being activated isn't known, but it surely will be a good number of them since he's been out all season following last Daniel Murphy last October's microfracture surgery on his right knee.
May 25 - 4:17 PM

19 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

This is Ground Control to Major Tom.   Most will be too young to appreciate. ;)

tumblr_p2h9m0Kt281wn4t3ao1_400.gif