Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

Per Rotowire:  Murphy expected to play weekend rehab games then to be evaluated on Monday.  Expected to be activated for Tuesday.  Not the best scenario for weekly leagues but finally it appears he is back.

Even then, I wonder how many days he will be rested as well as how often. 

According to the RW blurb, a scout said he apparently looks 'gimpy'.  Great.  However, I'd like to hear someone interview Murphy though to see how he actually feels.  I don't think he will come back unless he's ready.

9 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

According to the RW blurb, a scout said he apparently looks 'gimpy'.  Great.  However, I'd like to hear someone interview Murphy though to see how he actually feels.  I don't think he will come back unless he's ready.

Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post was told by a scout following Daniel Murphy (knee) on his rehab assignment at Double-A Harrisburg that the second baseman looks "gimpy" and is "struggling to move laterally." 
src: Chelsea Janes

The scout adds that Murphy's straight-ahead speed hasn't been there, either. Mick Reinhard, who has also been covering Murphy's rehab assignment, tweets that the infielder's knee looks like it's "getting worse over the last week" and "it's been pretty obvious that he is currently in no condition to be activated off the DL." The Nationals have said that they will re-evaluate Murphy on Monday and possibly activated him Tuesday, but now it's looking like that probably won't happen. 

Nationals manager Dave Martinez said Sunday that "I think we?re still a ways" from Daniel Murphy (knee) being activated from the disabled list. 
src: Jamal Collier

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Nationals manager Dave Martinez said Sunday that "I think we?re still a ways" from Daniel Murphy (knee) being activated from the disabled list. 
src: Jamal Collier

Don't mind it if he continues to play rehab games, its the dreaded 'shut down from baseball acticvities' that is looming.

Did he play last night? Is he in the lineup today or is he shut down? Wow, this doesn't sound good. 

Had a feeling this would happen. Hopefully those of you who invested got a nice discount and have ample DL spots... frustrating situation to say the least. 

Good article here, with some video of his play at AA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/nationals-journal/wp/2018/06/03/daniel-murphy-does-not-look-ready-to-return-to-nationals/&freshcontent=1

He doesn’t look very mobile or comfortable. He isn’t running out some plays. Sort of a hitch in his step. Point brought up in the article is there probably isn’t much there to worry about for further injury, as the doctor overseeing the rehab seems ok with everything, but this might just be partially a new normal for Murphy. He may get somewhat better and more confident in the knee, but he may no longer be a 2B. 

35 minutes ago, Redphan said:

Did he play last night? Is he in the lineup today or is he shut down? Wow, this doesn't sound good. 

milb.com/harrisburg

3 hours ago, mcbane said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/nationals-journal/wp/2018/06/03/daniel-murphy-does-not-look-ready-to-return-to-nationals/&freshcontent=1

He doesn’t look very mobile or comfortable. He isn’t running out some plays. Sort of a hitch in his step. Point brought up in the article is there probably isn’t much there to worry about for further injury, as the doctor overseeing the rehab seems ok with everything, but this might just be partially a new normal for Murphy. He may get somewhat better and more confident in the knee, but he may no longer be a 2B. 

Wait if he may not a 2B what will he be?

3 hours ago, mcbane said:

After watching those videos of him in that article, I would probably say he will be back around the ASB. I bet he continues to get treatment and strengthen the knee, while also playing in the minors getting his timing down. It’s lookjng like July at best though for activation IMO

Could be mental.  Supposedly, he is at no risk to reinjure it so he will keep playing until the confidence returns.

32 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Wait if he may not a 2B what will he be?

1b or dh

36 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

1b or dh

If he gained 1st base eligibility I would be sooooo happy.

39 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

If he gained 1st base eligibility I would be sooooo happy.

It's vital for a franchise to carry 4 guys who can only effectively play 1B :-)

13 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Starting at 1st base.  

24 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Starting at 1st base.  

Well, if that ain’t a shocker. Lol

Very well could have wanted to give their regular 2nd baseman game action.  He has been sitting a lot since Murphy started rehab.