Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Very well could have wanted to give their regular 2nd baseman game action.  He has been sitting a lot since Murphy started rehab.

Then the regular 2B would've been playing at 1st, no? I mean why would you have the vet move? Murphy has a history of knee problems and he's never been the fastest healer anyway. 

The microfracture surgery is really hard to come back from, i know if a football player has it their career is done, there were a few guys in college going into their senior year , got injured had to have the surgery and never got drafted or played pro ball, i can't recall the names, one was from Clemson , not sure where the other player was from, i think it was South Carolina

23 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

The microfracture surgery is really hard to come back from, i know if a football player has it their career is done, there were a few guys in college going into their senior year , got injured had to have the surgery and never got drafted or played pro ball, i can't recall the names, one was from Clemson , not sure where the other player was from, i think it was South Carolina

Marcus Lattimore was the South Carolina RB 

32 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Then the regular 2B would've been playing at 1st, no? I mean why would you have the vet move? Murphy has a history of knee problems and he's never been the fastest healer anyway. 

Not all 2nd basemen can play first.

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

Where is the data support this? I work in surgical services and I can tell you that arthroscopic microfracture surgery sounds a lot worse then it really is. Microfracture surgery is a common minimally invasive surgery. Most of the time, during a meniscus clean up, microfracture surgery is done to promote blow flow and scar tissue growth.

20 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

...Corn and I don’t care. 

Please Murphy. Please. Not looking great but I guess that’s what rehab is for. Hope to see improvements soon!

2 hours ago, billofwa said:

Not all 2nd basemen can play first.

Haha what? Anyone who can play second can play first.  

Anyone who has a pulse can play first base.  The only thing further down on the defensive spectrum is DH.  

1 hour ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Where is the data support this? I work in surgical services and I can tell you that arthroscopic microfracture surgery sounds a lot worse then it really is. Microfracture surgery is a common minimally invasive surgery. Most of the time, during a meniscus clean up, microfracture surgery is done to promote blow flow and scar tissue growth.

I've read that it's also getting much better results as technology improves.  Is that accurate? 

1 hour ago, kittenmittons said:

Anyone who has a pulse can play first base.  The only thing further down on the defensive spectrum is DH.  

Bro, have you ever actually played first base?

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, kittenmittons said:

I was under the impression that playing the OF was the easiest.

In any case, I guess it's debatable.

Anybody else who drafted Daniel Murphy do you have a bad feeling ?

Will this guy ever come off the DL?

Like Martinez said he believes that when it all comes together it will quickly.  Hopefully, it s a mental hurdle.  

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Anybody else who drafted Daniel Murphy do you have a bad feeling ?

Will this guy ever come off the DL?

I do and I finally put him together with someone else and traded him. Even when he comes back I think he is going to get 2 days off a week for the rest of the season.

Murphy homered last night, and I also found this little blurb:

Murphy began his rehab assignment on May 26. Per rules, position players’ assignments can last no longer than 20 days, meaning Murphy’s will have to end by June 14. Washington can activate him by then or keep him on the 10-day disabled list after the date.

Supposedly starting to look like himself. Anyone have video?

rototimes:  Will travel with the Nats on upcoming road trip and could be activated.

He's looked as himself at the plate for a bit now, it's the defense and running thats been an issue.

Anyone in weekly leagues taking a shot and starting him the coming week?

Just now, Picard56 said:

Anyone in weekly leagues taking a shot and starting him the coming week?

After hearing today’s news I’m tempted since it’s a week of 5 AL games with DH. Of course depending on your options. 

4 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any word after the game from Martinez?

Me second wants to know this