Brandayz

2017-2018 Trade Deadline Thread

TheOneAboveAll

Good day Rotoworld members! I hope everyone is enjoying the trade deadline. Just a reminder that be very careful with posting links and/or information in our threads. There tends to be a few troll accounts that pop up around this time of the season i.e. fake Woj accounts posting false information. Thank you!

Message added by TheOneAboveAll

1 hour ago, KrazyMuchacho said:

omg I had a meeting the last hour, what the hell just happened LOL

What the hell are you doing in a meeting on trade deadline day?  LOL

I hesitated on Hill and Augustine so I missed out on them. I didn't want Larry Nance so he got picked up. There was no other winners today. I dropped Courtney Lee for Josh Hart but I will be dropping him once Lonzo comes back.

dropped stanley to pick up Bogdan. probably gonna drop James Johnson for someone with Dwade there to take more usage. maybe Jonathan Simmons. Ive never been a fan of DJA

6 minutes ago, silverhammers said:

Didn't do anything.  Glad I held on to Nance, though.  I went to go pick up G. Hill and Augustin, only to realize that the last place team has been holding them all year!  All of the other draft winners were gone.

lol he held onto both of those guys all year?

No wonder he's in last place lollll

Edited by DavidbivaD

7 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

So a question to everyone - who did you pick up after trade deadline today ? I picked up G Hill, just curious!

For me - no one.  I am in a 10 team Roto, and Hill would have been only one I would have picked up right now if I had a need for a guard.  But I already have Curry, B. Simmons, Payton, Dinwiddie, Dunn, Tyreke, CJ, Klay, and Redick so I am set there.

12 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

So a question to everyone - who did you pick up after trade deadline today ? I picked up G Hill, just curious!

Hill - dropped Bullock

DJA - dropped D. Murray (only becuase i cant wait around to see when he will be back. fighting for a playoff spot)

OQuinn - dropped Bam

2 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

Hill - dropped Bullock

DJA - dropped D. Murray (only becuase i cant wait around to see when he will be back. fighting for a playoff spot)

OQuinn - dropped Bam

Nice. I am considering O'Quinn too!

Simmons played a chunk of PG when all the injuries happened in Orlando.. would he be worth picking back up now they only have 1 PG on the list 

3 minutes ago, dboong said:

Simmons played a chunk of PG when all the injuries happened in Orlando.. would he be worth picking back up now they only have 1 PG on the list 

probably! At least until Aaron returns and sucks all usage rate out of Orlando roster with bricks and TOs. Imo Simmons is a way better option than DJA and Mack but he is not widely available as the other guys...

9 minutes ago, Manos A said:

probably! At least until Aaron returns and sucks all usage rate out of Orlando roster with bricks and TOs. Imo Simmons is a way better option than DJA and Mack but he is not widely available as the other guys...

Don't forget Vucevic is coming back soon too

5 minutes ago, ThottiePippen said:

Don't forget Vucevic is coming back soon too

Vuc is going to impact Bismack Speights and Birch. He will also improve Gordon's efficiency and decrease his usage rate. However Orlando is going to need some playmaking, so Simmons and Fournier might get a boost despite Vuch's return. We will find out soon. I 'am choosing Simmons over DJA and Mack for now...

Edited by Manos A

1 hour ago, Mambamode said:

Dropped Bam for DJA

Might drop Murray for Hill or KOQ. Murray has too much upside right now if he keeps playing through the ankle. KOQ hasn't done anythign in the past with Zingis gone so i have to see to believe.

I only picked up Simmons and dropped Andrew Harrison.  I was only holding onto Harrison with the hope that Evans would get traded.  Everyone else who was affected by trades was already on teams prior to the deadline (e.g. crowder, hill).  

6 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

I only picked up Simmons and dropped Andrew Harrison.  I was only holding onto Harrison with the hope that Evans would get traded.  Everyone else who was affected by trades was already on teams prior to the deadline (e.g. crowder, hill).  

That might have been a big mistake. Harrison has been balling at PG and will keep the job going forward. Evans not moving won't change much. The last game they played together Harrison went 11/5/6.

You do have a ton of PG's though...

Edited by prinserj21

7 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

That might have been a big mistake. Harrison has been balling at PG and will keep the job going forward. Evans not moving won't change anything. The last game they played together Harrison went 11/5/6

They've been playing together all season.  That was also Harrison's best game with Tyreke, like ever.  Tyreke is pretty ball dominant and Harrison is ok as a spot up shooter.  Even starting as the PG without Tyreke, dude has only averaged 3 rebounds a game.  I'd rather take a flier on a dude who I know can ball when given the opportunity vs. someone who might get me 12-5-3.

Yea, I'm in a modified points league so it's a bit more position apathetic than cat leagues.  In a point guard dominated league, you generally see dudes with a lot of PGs.    

Edited by Kriggly

6 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

10 team leaguers shouldn't ever expect much at trade deadlines.  Very rare that there will be a hot pick up or difference maker in that shallow of a League/format. 

Yep. 

Who is the big winner today amongst likely un-owned players?

Hood?

Hill?

Augustine?

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Hood?

Hill?

Augustine?

They were all owned in my 12 team league..but

1) DJA (starting job locked in)

2) Hill / Hood (minutes split with clarkson, kyle, JR..altho I'd take Hood he's obviously better than any SGs they have)

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Hood?

Hill?

Augustine?

Kendrick Perkins?

you are welcome

Edited by Manos A

Gallagher was way off on predicting there would be 12 1st round picks moved or involved in deals during the deadline.  Then the morning of deadline he caved and said well maybe not 12 but at least 10 first round picks should be involved in deals.  Try just one Gallagher.  Lmao.  I just can't take that guy seriously at all.

22 hours ago, Anklez2222 said:

Isn't Elfrid Payton about to hit restricted free agency? The Suns will have to now decide whether to offer him a new contractt. This is a very dumb move for a rebuilding team because unless Payton learns how to shoot it's very unlikely he will provide value exceeding his contract. To make him effective you will also have to take the ball out of Devin Booker's hands. The only way this pays off for Suns is if Payton actually takes the game seriously, shaves that stupid hair, and learns how to shoot. I doubt that's going to happen though. 

LMAO I’m dying over here 

Yes I agree. Shaving off his hair would add at least $1mm/year to his next multi-year contract. Clearly.